Sony CD & MD Walkman / $800 loss!
I have used sony’s products all my life and I have only run into 2 that caused rather expensive issues. First was a MD walkman that after a few months stopped making disks, the support told me to reinstall the drivers and that still didn't work but they wouldn't exchange it under there warranty. So I have a stack of useless disks and a nice paper weight that cost me $300. Second a client of mine with a computer network played one of their cd's with "content protection" software that prevented a backup of their data to cd's. I spent around $500 worth of my time trying to fix the problem, I got the computers working without their "content protection" from sony’s music cd by completly formating the hard drive but the clients accounting data that was burned onto the cd was corrupted by sonys illegal content protection and lost forever. Needless to say they wouldn't pay me for my time. I wrote a letter to the ContentProtectionHelp@info.sel.sony.com address and all I got for my $800 worth of loss was;
“Thank you for contacting Sony BMG Online.
We sincerely regret that you are not completely satisfied. We manufacture our Sony BMG Entertainment products using content protection designed to prevent unlimited copying and unauthorized redistribution of the music on the disc. Customer input and response, such as yours, is invaluable in the continued development of our products. We want you to know that we appreciate your heartfelt feedback and comments.
Thank you for the opportunity to be of assistance.”
Needless to say sony isn’t selling me or any of my clients anything. I make sure to tell everyone I meet about this. I don’t think this post will make them fix any of this but if it stops one person from buying their products it would be worth the $5.
More Sony CD & MD Walkman Complaints & Reviews
- Sony Ericsson Service Center - Cheating and torturing customers! 
- Sony ericsson promo - lucky number 
- Sony/Bravia KDL40S4100 tv - defective product 
- Sony Playstation 3 (Ps3) 60gb (Pal) - Faulty Product/Horrible Customer Care 
- Sony TV KDF-60XBR950 - Sony TV Optical Block 
- Sony Corporation - sony 65 xbr
- Sony Corporation - capital one sony credit card offer false advertising
- Sony Corporation - remote control
- Sony Corporation - Sony India - damage of the tv panel during servicing at the service centre
- Sony Corporation - headphones