Sofa Mart / Terrible experience

United States Review updated:
4.3

We ordered our furniture at the beginning of July. We were excited to get 2 new couches and a new coffee table and end table. We were told that the furniture was out of stock so they would not be able to delivery it until mid August, which was ok with us. When the end of August rolled around we still hadn’t gotten our furniture so I finally called them to find out the status. The person on the phone told me "oh it’s just sitting in the warehouse" so I was confused why they hadn’t delivered it. They told me they would delivery it September 1st.

They day before September 1st I got a phone call from them saying what time they would come to deliver all 4 pieces. The next day they only delivered the two couches and end table. I was very upset we had not gotten the coffee table so I called and they let me know it was smashed. When I asked why they didn’t tell me this they were like "oh we don’t know why they didn’t tell you". Our end table was also damaged. It had scratches and it was cracked. They said it would take 2 weeks for the coffee table to be reordered and they could re deliver the end table the next day.

The next day they called me to tell me that the end table was damaged so they would need to reorder that which would also take 2 weeks. It has been over 2 weeks and we still do not have either of our tables and when we called them today they do not know where they are. That people at sofa mart are stupid, rude and don't take care of their furniture. Do not buy from them I am warning you now!!!

Also all their sales people and managers when we called to speak on the phone with them are not nice and have no idea what they are talking about and they put you on hold for an extremely long time, so if you don’t want to go over on your cell phone bill I’d recommend not calling them. Again do not buy from sofa mart unless you like to waste your money!
Va

Comments

Un
  11th of Apr, 2009
Agree with you! Ordered our furniture 6 weeks ago and still nothing! They have already sent us a bill when we have NO furniture!! Do not buy from them unless you like waiting months for you furniture!!
Mo
  12th of Jan, 2010
Completely agree . DO NOT BUY FROM SOFAMART or FURNITURE ROW. They are cheaters and scammers. Will promise you something and will switch with something else. Spend you hard earned money somewhere else. Else specially one in Peoria, IL near Grand Prairie Mall. Never buy from them. There is a guy named J**H who would lie to you just to get your sale but then refuse to deliver it.
Au
  17th of Jan, 2010
i am having a major problem with the same people! i have only had my new couch and loveseat for less that 2 months..4 of my 8 decorative pillows are ripping apart and one of my seat cushions seam is tearing apart..also the middle cushion on the couch has sunk in terribly its about have the depth as the others..looks terrible..and let me remind you..less than 2 months we have had this furniture! i called them with my problem and basically its like this..if i want new..then aftrewards my warranty will be expired..so if i order new and this happens again then im jst screwed..OR i can come on ANY saturday (this is what i was told the first time) and the technician will be here to repair..just call ahead of time to see the time he will be there..so i went to do this yesterday..loaded my car up with all the pillows and cushions..i call and the ### say..oh well our technician isnt here today he doesnt come EVERY sat..i basically flipped out im so sick of dealing with these people..they dont know what the hell is going on..and aslo my warranty says NOTHING about if it manufactures fault and i need a replacement then my warranty will expire after 1 use?? im so upset idk what to do??
Mr
  1st of Mar, 2010
I am currently having the same problem, spent 3, 000.00 on a new living room set and was told it would take 2-3 weeks delivery so i say o.k. no problem. Well 2 weeks roll bye and i have not heard from them so i call and the saleman says "Oh its all hear, i thought you were going to pick it up" so i obviously reply NO you told me it was to be delivered, so we arrange a day and time to be delivered and on that day i receive 1 couch and 2 end tables, so i strangly ask where is the rest?. The delivery guy looked confused so i call the store and the salesman tells me, ready "we used your set to peice together another set for a different customer that purchased the same living room set" WHAT!!!, needles to say i am not happy and ask when will i get the rest of my stuff? he tells me 1 week. So here it is today 1 week and 4 phone calls later and my stuff is somewhere in Yuma, Az. on a delivery truck that has never even attempted to call me to schedule a time for delivery and the salesman has yet to return my call to let me know what time the delivery will happen. What a company!!! wish i knew about this before i purchased i definetly would have went somewhere else, and by the way it has been 26 days since my purchase well beyond the 2-3 weeks that i was originally told. GREAT JOB SOFA MART, I WILL BE SURE TO INFORM ANY MARINE HERE ON BASE ABOUT HOW YOU DO BUSINESS HERE IN YUMA, AZ.

Furniture Row Logo Furniture Row