Smile bright/Dazzle White / unauthorized charges

1 MO, United States Review updated:

i signed up for a free sample of each of these products because i read an article about how if you mix them together they will work wonders. not only did the products not work, they charged about 80 dollars in fees from multiple other "subscriptions" that i signed up for when agreeing to the "terms and conditions" which are bull s**t. regardless, DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THESE PRODUCTS. go to the dentist and get you teeth whitened there! don't be scammed by these companies.

Comments

• +1 Votes

I also ordered dazzle white product, paid $1.95 on 8/16/09 and was then billed $6.95 on 8/30/09 (I figured shipping) and THEN SHOCKED to be billed again on 9/13/09 (not even 30 DAYS) I was charged $79.28 and $8.53 ON the SAME day. I notified my bank to inquire as I had no idea what these charges were for; my bank issued me a provisional credit for $87.81 and yet the charge appeared again for $79.28 on 9/20/09.

I would not have guessed it was Dazzle Bright until I searched and found the first COMPLAINT. Thank goodness for Google. Yes, I read the response, and I have sinced looked up the TERMS and CONDITIONS which state I have to return unused product and call to cancel. I called and was told they were closed after 8 pm.

Here's the text from their webpage:
    Billing

When you place your order today with DazzleSmile, you will automatically become a part of our elite customer club. Your active credit card will only be billed $4.95 for the shipping of your 14-day day trial. If you choose to keep your trial, your active credit card will be billed the low member price of only $87.62 for your trial, and each additional month you continue to use DazzleSmile. And remember, there’s no obligation – you can cancel your membership at any time by calling 888-948-5508. Orders outside of US pay an additional $9.95 for shipping. Shipping charges are non refundable. No obligation, CANCEL ANYTIME!

You can BET I will be returning the unused product and getting my refund within the 60 DAYS! I will mail the gel pen ASAP with a certified return receipt requested and instruct my bank to refuse the charges AGAIN!

30th of Sep, 2009

I too was sent this product and billed for something I returned and canceled. This is a scam. First, you do not receive a full 14 day trial. Second, they still send the product even after you cancel it, get a cancellation number and send it back. I am turning this company over the BBB, Attorney General's office and the fair trade department. This is a rip off if there ever was one.

Thanks

• Ka
      29th of Oct, 2009

This is s***t you yet charged for way more than you signed up for... I got dzzle smile, rembright and much much more... I got crafted $400 For stuff I didn't sign up for p... DON'T DO IT unless you like wasting money...!!!

• Bp
      2nd of Dec, 2009

OMG I got charged twice also! I signed up for their free trials and they charged me two 87.00 charges. I called back to complain and they WILL NOT reverse them. I haven't even gotten the second box yet, yet they still charged me. Im furious. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE STUPID TRIALS. THESE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY.

• Ls
      4th of Dec, 2009

Just like the others, I too have been charged $86.93 for a free trial of this brightener which was only supposed to be $1.95 for shipping and handling. I'm hoping that I won't be charged again as I am putting my bank on full alert to not allow their transactions to post against my account again. I saw their ad on a reputable news site and went with this company because I was confident that they were legitimate. I am totally pissed that this was a scam, and I'm more upset that they had the audacity to charge my card knowing that their terms and condidtions were for a "free trial".

• Cg
      4th of Dec, 2009

I also signed up for these products...premier whitening/ever bright smile and adj/ultifreshwell. One used my visa and one my AmerEx. Can we say 2x's stupid? However, I know I did not agree to a contract. I disputed charges with both charge co. and called the premier co. The premier co. sent it to a collection agency who says they are going to file "theft" charges against me. The collection agency suggested I go to the premier web site to re-read the agreement. Either I didn't see the agreement or didn't read it. I would never agree to that contract. Plus the agreement was up-dated Nov. 30 and my order was in Oct. And as the others said both "dental" companies were charging me 2x's a month for merchandise I didn't have. At this point I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I will do something.

• Ac
      5th of Dec, 2009

This is unbelievable. I ordered a free trial sample of SmileBright. This little pencil sized container showed up and it has not brightened my teeth on bit. I was shocked to see a charge on my credit card today (12-4-09) for $86.93. I called to refute and was amaZed to find out that somewhere in the free trial you were automatically signed up for a monthly supply at about a hundred a month. They get your credit card for the shipping charge of $2.97. What a scam. I am calling BBB and disputing the charge on my credit card. As we all know, there is no such thing as a a free lunch.

• To
      7th of Dec, 2009

I also got taken for 86.00 real nice just before Christmas, I havent even received the trial product yet and they have charged my credit card, I have disputed the charges and hopefully will get this money back as it is still pending, This was smile bright, so please be aware.

7th of Dec, 2009

me too - same problem - read article - thought i sounded good - read terms - said no thanks - Had to pay for sending items back - also received a transaction fee for both items in addition to the sample price - sent the one thing back an canceled online and read the other statement - it said nothing about enrolling me into anything - so i've done nothing - now i have a charge for $86.93 and have now canceled my card and will start the dispute process if the pending transaction goes through - what a mess - i never sign up for any of these sorts of trials, but it seemed legitimate - lesson learned - yes so no card available for the holidays cash or check - argh! Scammers suck!!! Going to report them to the BBB.

• Ji
      8th of Dec, 2009

Same story here. What can we do about these people? I have to believe the EULA would want to know about them.
    Thinking of a class action suit, but not certain how to start one

• Ed
      8th of Dec, 2009

exactly the same thing happened to me. i checked my bank status online this morning and found that i'd been charged £53.86 ($86.93) i haven't received anything from the actual company (smile bright) yet, so am at a bit of a loss as to what to do, considering i'm in the uk as well.

• Fe
      9th of Dec, 2009

ME TOO ! I have just checked my cedit card statement only to find that this con of a company has taken £53/$87 out of my account its now in the hands of my bankers to sort out and also the fraud department of my bank are investigating.

9th of Dec, 2009

I'm gonna blow their whole building up.

• Ng
      9th of Dec, 2009

Same thing here...haven't received anything and now they have taken $2 free trial shipping fee and just now noticed a charge for $86. I called and they said I could cancel my membership. I never signed up for a membership. Best bet is to call the bank and report these scammers. There are too many complaints for any bank or BBB to condone these actions.

• Sm
      9th of Dec, 2009

I got scammed too. I first worked out there would be charges after I got charged for another product in the same way. I saw a story on the web which said buy two products, trial them together and it will only cost a few dollars. So I rang up the other company and realised I was being charged. It made me think the same would happen with SmileBright which was the case. They told me to ship the product back within 30 days and I wouldn't be charged. So I did that, and guess what? $80 but international conversion costs have come off my credit card - despite me cancelling the order prior to this time. It's so frustrating, because I live in Australia and have to wait til midnight to call the US, only to get shoved around and told bull. I have never been more disheartened by such a rip off. And the thing that makes me most mad, is that I'm not usually a sucker to fall for this crap!

• Ru
      10th of Dec, 2009

My spouse got involved in this. Found a $86.93 charge on our account. Notified the bank immediately. There is now a hold on that charge. We plan to refuse any delivery from this scam- with lots of documentation. My husband plans to cancel that credit card.
    Nail these crooks.

• Yo
      11th of Dec, 2009

I'm with you all with this one. I live in the UK and had agreed to pay postage etc for the item but wasn't aware that it was shipping from the US. I have just seen my bank statement and have had £56 GBP taken off my card and haven't even received the so called free trial. I have just had to cancel my bank card (business account as well!!) and are hoping that the bank will refund the money through fraudulent activity.

SCAM - in a big way.

Dawn

• Dv
      11th of Dec, 2009

I just got the same $86.93 charge! I didn't agree to any damn contract! Being that I have just received the charge, I have not had a chance to call these SOB's! When I do call, I hope that the operator has a very thick skin and does not cry easy. I will also be contacting my bank to try and get this charge taken care of. I will also be sending them the remaining unused portion of the product, as well as a note instructing them where to stick said product. I hate people that take advantage of others. Its not like they sent a great product at a very cheap price or anything. They sent a very small portion of a product that works as well as straight up peroxide at the cost of almost $100. The B.B.B. should definitely be made aware of this scam and close it down before anymore people are ripped off by it.To be honest, besides being pissed off I am also kind of excited because I haven't gotten to verbally hand someone their ### in a long while. I hope everyone else on here gets their situations taken care of, and if any of the persons involved with this company should happen to see these comments I say.. If you charge me again for this scam that you used to burn all of these good people and many more I'm sure.. I will use my celebrity and finances to completely close you down and put you and your families out in the cold. That is your warning, you will also hear it again first thing Monday morning. Be happy its the Holidays and I have half a heart. Good luck everyone!

• At
      12th of Dec, 2009

Ditto with everybody else. Totally a scam. These guys will try to rip you off for the most possible. Don't buy into their "Oh well, we'll give you a $50 gift card back" bullcrap. Fight for all your money. Refuse the charges with your bank & fight 'til you get it all back.

• Cb
      12th of Dec, 2009

I've submitted a complaint to the BBB regarding this. I've looked all over the internet, and each number and/or website listed by the company for resolving issues is invalid. Anyone have any luck in making the charges stop and/or getting your money back? I can't get ahold of the necessary parties at my bank until next week, but I'd like to have all information possible when I do speak to them.