Smart Savings Center / Reoccurring Fraudulent Charges

1 United States

I found a good deal on some books online. The books were received and I thought all was well, however the company, Discount Book Sale/ Hot Book Sale, gave my information to a company called Smart Savings Center, who in turn signed me up for a "membership" that I was not aware of and I did not want.

The first charge was for $1.00 and went unnoticed. The following charges were $29.95, $12.00, $24.03, and each month a charge for $1.00. When I called American Express for information, they told me that the company changed their company vending number each month, which makes it harder to find trace.

I called the company, cancelled the membership and they would not refund any thing but $12.00. They are sending my complaint to their Refund Department, who within 5-7 business days will let me know if I qualify for a refund.

I told them I did not want to sign up for any "membership" and was not willing to settle for anything but the full amount. I also told the woman who helped me, Edyslove Delacruz, to tell the Refund department to look at this website and that I am reporting them to the Better Business Bureau, and American Express is investigating them currently. They only way they can pose as a legitimate business is to refund my money in full.

Mh