Sleep Number Bed / loosing air

Orange Park, FL, United States Review updated:

I also bought a sleep number bed. I have a queen with dual chambers. My side seems to do okay but my husband has landed in a hole and cannot get out. First time I called I was asked to keep a journal of the settings I set the bed to and then what it changed to in the morning. Next time I called I was asked to cap off the chambers and see if the bed still leaked. It did. I had to wait two weeks for them to mail me the caps. Now I call and I have to replace the chamber. I thought when I paid all this money for the bed that I would at least get someone to fix it for me. No I keep having to fix it myself. Don't waste your money. Buy the springs...Either way you have to replace them in a few years.

Comments

• Pi
      7th of Feb, 2010

Give me a break, changing the air chamber takes 5 minutes! You really are that mad that they won't send someone out to fix this? No matter what you buy or how much you pay for it, something can always break. I have had on eof these beds for 10 years had to fix it once or twice but they were good about getting the parts out. Try getting warranty repair on a spring matress, i was told they might get to me in 4 weeks!

• Sl
      19th of Feb, 2010

Hi, I work for Select Comfort in customer service and wanted to apologize for your recent experience. Air loss on our beds is an extremely rare occurrence, the vast majority of our customers never have to replace a chamber as you did. Our warranty provides for the replacement of parts, but service calls are not included. Over the years we’ve streamlined our troubleshooting to make it as simple as possible, and since no tools or special skills are required, most of our bed owners are easily able to perform any necessary troubleshooting themselves, with the help of our expert customer service representatives, either over the phone or via email.

We include a pair of the caps you requested with every bed we ship, and the instructions recommend that they be placed inside your mattress cover so they’re handy if you should ever need them. We are very sorry if the caps were not included with your original shipment.

We thank you for the opportunity to help you improve your sleep, and hope you won’t hesitate to contact us with any further questions or concerns at 1-800-472-7185.

Best regards,