Sleep Number Bed / Select Comfort could be paying for heart surgery! HAHA

Select Comfort/Sleep Number
I have read through many of the complaints on here and I have an original. :) My sleep number adjustable bed almost gave me a heart attack!!!

My remote (wireless) stopped controlling the bed a short time ago. Both the sleep number setting remote (I get error messages, dont know what that means) and the remote that controls the base (massager and raising and lowering of the head and foot of the bed) have stopped working. I checked the batteries and its not that, its like there is no communication between the bed and the remote.

I have been meaning to set aside time to call them, but knew it would be a production, so havent done it yet.

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. I am awake right now at 5 am because approximately an hour ago, I was soundly snoozing on my bed when all of a sudden, the massager came on ALL by itself!!! I about had heart attack, it scared me so badly!!! The remote was in a drawer and in my stupor, I had to stop and think, am I laying on the remote or something?? As Im trying to wake up and figure out what the heck is going on, the bed FOLDS ME IN HALF!!! Scared half to death, I get up, turn on the light, find the remote in the drawer and start pressing the button to stop the massager and unfold the bed. Nothing. I had to unplug the bed completely to get the massager to stop. However the bed will not unfold.

Guess I will call them in the morning! Anyone else have this problem?????? I havent seen this problem anywhere on the complaint list!

N  1st of Jan, 2010 by
We are pretty happy with our bed which we've had about 5 years, but it does seem to be rather cheaply manufactured. Also, we are disappointed that the remote has quit working - something we rarely used once we learned our number. Therefore, it should not have quit. We are waiting for a response for a replacement. I'm really going to be ticked if we have to pay the full price for a remote replacement.
A  18th of Jul, 2010 by
The SAME EXACT THING happened to me. Remote no longer communicates with the bed (not the batteries), I have resync'd the remotes with the little black boxes under the bed, but still no communication with each other. Also the numbers faded from out number adjuster remote (not the batteries). Then, yes, in the middle of the night I thought I was having a heart attack because I felt major rumbling and then the top of my bed tilted up, despite the fact that the remote was in the drawer and it has worked for years. Same thing, I eventually unplugged it to stop the rumbling, but the head of my bed won't go down, so I have been sleeping all bent up every night lately. I will call them, but if it's like in the past, I will get no helpful advice, just be told to pay more money since many things aren't covered in their "wonderful" "20 year warrantee". *sigh*
N  3rd of May, 2011 by
I have learned to live with this bed despite the fact that it gives me the one thing they so heavily advertise it won't happen...back pain. I had to unzip the mattress-cover and place a feather pad ($110) in between the air chambers and the mattress-cover. I also had to put folded towels along the middle section to avoid sinking in the middle of the bed when two people are in it. This company should be held liable for such misleading claims.

Sleep Number Logo Sleep Number