[Resolved] Skyscannerflight dxb-sjj 30th june

Dear sir/madam

Yesterday (14th of may) I booked a flight from dubai to sarajevo for the 30th of june. my payment was taken immediately for aed3645.

Around 4 hours later I received a phone call informing me that the flight I had chosen was sold out. they then changed the story to be the price of the flight was different and there would be an extra charge.

When I asked what the extra charge was they informed me it would be an additional charge of aed 3000 dirhams!!! that is not an additional charge that is double the advertised price.

When I asked them what would happen if I cancelled my flight they said I had until 8am the following morning to cancel. if I hadn't then I wouldn't receive a refund for upto 30 working days. (please bare in my mind this phonecall came at 9pm)

The fact that I had such a tight time limit to cancel my flight in after it was not even the flight advertised at all was ridiculous.. later they mentioned that I could change the time of my flight and the extra charge would be only 1800 dirhams, which is still alot of extra money.

After checking your website and fly dubais webite. fly dubai is clearly stating the correct price, as this is what dnata now want to charge me.

If I had believed I would have been refunded immediately I would have cancelled but unfortunately after speaking with my boyfriend who had a similar situation after booking via skyscanner I decided this was unlikely.

fyi he was only ever refunded 20% of his ticket price.

I decided to go ahead with the aed1800 excess charge. however I am very unhappy with your website. it seems that you are not monitoring prices at all. dnatas lack of update was clearly a ploy to have people book through them rather than fly dubai directly even though its the exact same price.. and its not just dnata there was 5+ other agencies offering cheaper deals.

This whole experience has left a bitter taste in my mouth and I would be reluctant to use sky scanner again.

Between myself and my partner we have now both experienced problems using the site. this has never happened to me before after years of using this website.. until now.

Clearly you are letting standards drop.

Please fix it.

Sincerely, a disappointed frequent flyer.

• Resolution Statement

• Skyscanner Customer Care's Response · May 19, 2017

Hi Jodie, the best thing to do is to submit your comments here - someone will come back to you within a few hours: https://help.skyscanner.net/hc/en-gb/requests/new

Jo