Skype / misleading advertising
I have been using skype for many years now. About 1 year ago I decided to get an unlimited world subscription.
For $14, 99 it gave me calls to certain countries, voicemail, call forwarding, and 3 on-line numbers .
The other day I was on the skype website and clicked on the "special offers" section.
I found out that I could save 15% by paying for 12 months up front. As I've had the subscription for over 1 year, and wished to keep it, I decided to click on the link and take advantage of the saving as any other loyal customer should be able to do.
The process made me cancel the current subscription in order to start the new one.
No-where was I warned that I would loose my 3 on-line numbers.
Skype support was useless in this. They bounced me from 1 person to another for support 18 times.
End result- I will have to pay $18 every 3 months for EACH online number I had free before. So $216 extra per year, on top of the normal subscription price.
This is not fair. It's called cheating and misleading customers!!!
I tried many times to get my old subscription back, with no luck!! What can I do? I'm obviously not happy!!!
More Skype Complaints & Reviews
- MC - www.Skype.com Internet - anauthorized charges 
- www.Skype.com Internet Lu - fradulent charges 
- Skype - award win certificate,check and your barr name 
- Skype, Unlimited World - cheating, not deliver the promise service 
- www.Skype.com Internet - unauthorized deductions from creditcard 
- Skype - preventing people logging into their own account
- Skype - recurring charges from skype
- Skype - theft of my credit by microsoft and all my data on skype are lost
- Skype - skype customer service 
- Skype - telephone connection