Skypeunauthorized charges

D Review updated:

Two unauthorized charges against my credit card were made by Skype. First time since I had signed on for FREE acct option in August 2009.

• D
      Nov 03, 2009

they charged $30.95 to account w/o authorization - I WANT MY MONEY BACK -have no way to contact...help

• C
      Nov 08, 2009

I may suggest you to contact the BBB and file a complain.
    Skype has already a Rating of F
    This is an excerpt from the BBB in regards to Skype:
    "Company Rating F
    Our opinion of what this rating means:
    We strongly question the company’s reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law’s licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices. "

• M
      Mar 09, 2010

I have charge in Feb as well. I going to leave you my email Address ([protected]@yahoo.com) I have report this to J.A.G., and Because that stealing from the US army. You need to contact me to make payment back to me.

03/02/[protected] PURCHASE WWW.SKYPE.COM WWW.SKYPE.COM INTERNET LU 10.08
    03/08/[protected] PURCHASE WWW.SKYPE.COM WWW.SKYPE.COM INTERNET LU 10.08
    *03/12/[protected] PREAUTH WWW.SKYPE.COM WWW.SKYPE.COM INTERNET LU 10.00

• F
      Feb 24, 2011

I had TEN unauthorized charges from Skype after using the service for a couple years. They were for $25 a pop and happened on Valentines day, 2011. Not a sweet deal! I alerted Paypal and they did investigate and say they are getting a refund (haven't seen it yet) but what a wake up call that this company's billing process is at best flawed, at worst FRAUDULENT.

• W
      Jun 03, 2016

I payed skype $10 and used $2 Now i have NO credit left over and they charge you a Exchange fee for the credit card service since they are in ???? Luxembourg ???? Can't get a hold of them No response on E Mail and for sure NO PHONE. SKYPE THE RIP OFF,

• H
      Jun 03, 2016
    Skype - skype unauthorised charges
    United Kingdom

I topped up £10 credit yesterday, and today they charged me £10 again saying that it is automatic recharge when balance is low?? Excuse me SKYPE, I have never intended to open such a service, and even under your terms and conditions automatic recharge applies when credit is less than £2, I have £10 in my account sir! What is worse, you spent my credit without my authorisation on the bl**dy worldwide phone call subscription? Thank you but I DONT NEED IT !!! You have wasted my money and precious time.! this really irritates me you are violating my consumer sovereignty