Skagen Slimline Watch / stay away

I read with interest the complaint by Dan Snedigar that his Skagen Slimline men's watch crystal failed on him twice. We have had the exact same failure with our slimline watch. The crystal cracked for no apparent reason. The replacement cost is $30, but after reading his complaint, we question that wisdom of dumping money into a product that has a innate failure in the crystal... what is the point. My advice echos his - stay away from Skagen and buy a watch that does not have this type of failure, and poor customer support.

Comments

• Fr
      27th of May, 2016

I also bought a slim Skagen watch in France in march, 2016... After two weeks, found the hourglass broken when the watch was on my wrist . I got it replaced, -no watch for 3 weeks, but a friendly replacement price by the shop :) - and all was well again, until suddently a couple days ago I found the glass is broken again, having sustained no shock or brutality ( I must confess live a tranquil life in a quaint city, no gardening or sports !). Reading the other comments, I am sure now that there is a defect in this part of the watch. A great pity, because the design and the price suited me. I feel is not the first slim watch I own, I I never broke a glass before... It's not only skagen, it is Denmark as a whole as a competent watchmaker whose reputation is tarnished ...

• Co
      15th of Oct, 2018
    Skagen - Silver womans watch
    Tracy
    California

I purchased a silver Skagen Watch from Costco in 2010. Recently 3of the crystals have fallen out. Can they be replaced? If so, what would the cost be?