Sixt / overcharges

1 Italy Review updated:

Returning back home we had received 2 additional charges from Sixt.it - we had hired two separate rental dates and places.
We had booked on- line and paid in full...and be no means cheap!

We have been struggling to find out what the extra charges were for, both around 70 Euro each.

The cars were returned full of petrol and before the due time.
And with no damage.

After a number of emails one has been acknowledged as a ' system anomaly', this is the one I also had my card card company chasing (AMEX, they did a good job -unlike ViSA that I had asked to chase the other booked with their card- to do that they would have to cancel my credit card- forget that!)

The other charge is still in limbo more than a month later, and more emails.

Just to get a couple of other things out;
-we booked on-line for a depot that does not actually exist anymore and spent hours looking for it.

-we booked and paid for a group 'c' car and at check in were given a 'b' car without any mention, or offer to refund the difference. After some insistence I had the guy call h/office and then got an upgrade to a higher level which is what you would expect if your group was not avail.

I'd like to think that they can still redeem themselves, , , but, , , we'll see...! Sounds to me from other posting this is a norm for them.

Comments

23rd of Jul, 2009

When you book a car, you get a car class or similar. Which means you don't necessarily get a free upgrade. Car classes are typically determined by how passengers it seats and how much luggage it holds. This always gets me, if you like another car, just pay for the upgrade. Help out the employee at the counter. He's going to get fired if he doesn't perform. So seriously, pick the cheapest option and get it if you want a hassle-free experience.

As for the billing problem, it was probably a system error if they were all for the same amount. If the matter does not get resolved, you can always file chargeback under 'multiple transaction records found'.

• Si
      24th of Jul, 2009

Hi there, Mike from Sixt UK here,

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced problems with your rental and that you are still awaiting a resolution from Sixt Italy. This is certainly not the norm for us and we absolutely pride ourselves on our customer service.

I am passing this on to our UK customer service department and I will request that they investigate and contact you as soon as possible to discuss.

Best Regards

Mike
    Sixt UK

• Bu
      27th of Jul, 2009

Dear AnonyMiss,

If you had paid on-line for a bottle of oceanspray cranberry and get delivered a no-name brand, would you not expect to be told your product of choice were not avail, or that an offer is made to credit the difference between the two products ?
    I did pay on-line for a 'C' group which is why I expected a 'C' group, and not a 'B', otherwise I would have paid for a lesser 'B', what I'm suggesting is if that is not avail you upgrade a client, not down grade them.

The two over-charges were not the same otherwise that would clearly be duplication and then I need not spend the time chasing this.

15th of Mar, 2010

Hey Bunnr-au,
    First of all, you are telling me that you 'ordered a C class and got a B class', but you can't even tell me what the difference is!
    Would you mind saying something along the lines of 'I ordered a C class which is supposed to come with .-.-.-.-.-., but instead I got a B class which does not come with .-.-.-.-.-.'
    Until you can do that, I cannot agree that you were being downgraded.
    JUST BECAUSE YOU SAW A TOYOTA ONLINE DOES NOT MEAN YOU GET THE TOYOTA. IT SAYS 'OR SIMILAR' SO YOU MIGHT GET THE SAME EXACT CAR, BUT GET A FORD OR A KIA OR A HYUNDAI OR WHATEVER.
    You reserve a size, not a model. For example, if you order a luxury car (which means that you get a fully-loaded car) and you see a picture of a Mercedes-Benz, or similar and you get to the lot and the car is a BMW, but its still fully loaded, are you going to whine about it?