SingPost / inconsistency, slow updates and bad service

1 Singapore, Singapore Review updated:

I would like to raise a concern regarding inconsistency and slow updates with your company's service.

First of all, I would like to say that Technical issues and delays are no excuse for a bad service.
Recently, I had a delivery which I missed on 6 August 2015. I was given a POPstation notification card and it was stated at the bottom that collection will be available from the next calendar day after 7am. For the next 2 days, I went to POPstation twice and was notified by your customer service that my items were still not delivered to the POPstation.

On 8 August 2015, I called in 3 times to your customer service hotline but the answer I get from 3 different staff were all different. I was told by the first guy that my item was on a delivery courier. The second lady told me that there was a technical issues with the system and the third lady told me that they were unable to check the item status and the issue was raised to the Concern department.

I was also told that all information would be updated on a website.

In the first place, what is a Concern Department ? Is that not the customer service's job ? The inconsistency in the replies I get tells a lot about your customer service and I've no idea what is the point of stating that " Speedpost is the leading provider for courier service in Singapore and international delivery with more than 200 destinations across the globe." When your company can't even get your service staffs right.

Secondly, even if its with the delivery courier, what is the point of sending it to the POPstation when it can be send to my house instead. What I totally do not understand is that if the item is with delivery courier, they are suppose to deliver the items to the owner, not the POPstation. I paid for Speedpost delivery, not POPstation self-collection.

I would like to complain about the website too. I was asked to check the website several times for updates on my items, but in the first place, the website takes too long to update on even a status. I see no point in referring to something that takes 8 hours to update a status of an item.
Lastly, if your company can't even use the POPstation right, there is no point in setting up a POPstation that doesn't deliver. You might as well place it in the post office where people would actually be able to collect their items.

I've also realise that the reason for a failed delivery was changed to " Delivery failure due to system issue, re-delivery will be attempted " from no reason at all. This seems more like an easy way out. In the first place, there is no delivery on Sunday and 10 August is a PH. It means that the item has been delayed for at least 4 days. It is ridiculous that the most established delivery service in Singapore is choosing an easy way out as an solution to an issue.

Please do not mislead people with the information given on the Notification Card too. There is no point in stating that Collection will be available from the next calendar day after 7am when it is not even there for 2 days straight.

Overall, I am very disappointed that your service counter is atrocious especially when it comes to hotlines. Your delivery service is also ridiculous, there is not even an estimate time for delivery, please do not expect that a person who stay at home the whole day just to wait for his parcel to be delivered. If a delivery fails, please do not mislead them with wrong information and do speed up your updates on item status.

Ro
Aug 8, 2015

Comments

• Di
      31st of Dec, 2015

31/12/2015 09:02 SPEEDPOST SERVICE CENTRE With Delivery Courier -
    31/12/2015 00:29 - Unsuccessful delivery Delivery could not be completed due to inclement weather conditions
    30/12/2015 09:28 SPEEDPOST SERVICE CENTRE With Delivery Courier -
    29/12/2015 20:27 - Unsuccessful delivery Delivery could not be completed due to inclement weather conditions
    29/12/2015 10:37 SPEEDPOST SERVICE CENTRE With Delivery Courier -