Singlesnet / Scammer

I joined singlesnet a few years ago and met a woman that went by the name "Kelly Cook". We chatted for awhile and she got me thinking she and I had a future together. Then she started telling me a story about how she was working in Nigeria and was staying at a hotel and needed money to pay the hotel bill because if she did not she would be kicked out into the street. Ofcourse her employer owed her money and had left the country and she had no way of contacting him to get her money. Then when I refused to send her any money all of a sudden she asked for my address because she wanted to write to me because the hotel charges had mounted and she was not going to be allowed to use the computer. I gave her my home address anf I received a letter sent by UPS it was a money order and I was asked to cash it and wire the money back to her. I played along because now I was suspicious that something was not right. I took the check to my bank and asked them to verify it was fake. I deposited it but I was contacted by the bank and told it was fake. The bank had put a hold on the funds and did not release any money because of the large amount. I was then pressured into sending any amount I could to her because she needed money to eat. I told her the bank said the check was fake and she became angry and demanded I send her the money immediately and stop lying. I told her I wanted the name of the person that sent me the check because I was going to the FBI and other authorities. She refused to provide the names and ceased contact after that. This turns out to be a decent ending because I did not lose any money but the point is Singlesnet should be held responsible for these scams because these people are preying on Americans and scamming them everyday. Also I had given her my cell phone number and a man with an African accent started calling me asking me when I was going to send the money. I told him I wanted to speak to her and he said not until I send money and I downright refused. I had no intentions of it anyway. She claimed the hotel manager was holding her travel documents and the only way to get them back was to pay the money. I offered to contact the US embassy and she said that would not do anything. I contacted my congressman and his staffer said she could get duplicate docs at the embassy. I told her this and she totally ignored it saying it was not true and I had just been told this by a congressional staffer. The phone calls occurred before the money order was sent to me. I told her by email I did not want anymore calls from the manager because I had no interest in talking to him. She kept saying we were going to get married and have children together when she came home. She fed me more garbage that her parents were killed in an accident and had no family that could help. This was a well planned scam everything I tried to do they had something to counter it.

Ra

Comments

• Ge
      19th of May, 2009

this site is well used by nigerian scammers. i used it 2 years ago and i must have reported 20 profiles while i was there a short time. i actually got so annoyed that i started to scambait them and had 3 of them going for over a week...lol. they want to get you right into im so they can run there script, which is usually same variation of sorts. the only thing that differed each time was the money they asked for, but this was based on how much they think you could afford easily, so i learned to make waves and sure enough the money asked for went up and up. the last one i decoyed got so pissed, that i kept him/her talking and found out that they (the workerbees of the scam) make very little money for their part in it. they do what they call mass mailings, which basically means they send an email to every male/female inbox they can and when someone answers they move you right to im and start the game, because they dont have a lot of time before they are found out by the website and there profile is shut down...