Singles50 / dating site

1 Ireland Review updated:

I found this site through a promoted post on instagram. I signed up and was required to subscribe to a free trail with automatic renewal after 4 weeks at a fee of €18.64. It clearly states in terms and conditions that if you are not satisfied with the site you cancel the automatic direct debit. I quickly discovered that the site is a scam and when I attempt to
Access my settings to cancel the subscription it does not allow access. It also does not allow me to delete my profile. This is against data protection rules. I have sent 12 emails including with a letter from my lawyer in an attempt to get confirmation of my request to cancel the renewal subscription. I received no response. I have reported the company to my thd police on line fraud squad, the european consumer center and thd tax authorities in ireland. I have emailed this to the customer service but they never respond which leads me to believe even further that this company is a scam. I think a real investigation needs to take place and I am following up. The police here in ireland have told me that they will pursue my complaint and contact luxemburg police and they publish an address in luxembourg. Probably a fake address.

If you come across 50singles, do not, do not sign up or you will be ripped off. This is a money making scam site. If you google them lots of negative and similar information comes up.

Patricia
Dublin
Ireland
#singles50

Singles50

Pa
Jun 6, 2018

More Singles50 Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ki
      27th of Jun, 2018

Same happened to me. I'm fuming. They have taken €99.99 out of my account as a supposed renewal of the 4 weeks I signed up for at €4.99 a week!?! I'm on the case but now worried.

• Pa
      28th of Jun, 2018

@Kiki Roosli My advise is to cancel your card and get s new one. Report them to your bank and to your local police.

• Ks
      2nd of Nov, 2018

Take all the advice here... DO NOT go anywhere near this site. All comments are true as I have experienced this myself. I’ve had to contact my bank and pass all my correspondence to the relevant authorities.. I was scammed for 600e.. K

• Lo
      9th of Dec, 2018

To cancel the subscription you need to send a form to a non-existent address. They have no phone number and a dead fax.
    They scammed my mother, now I'm going to make them pay. Avoid this filthy rathole of scammers!

• Da
      11th of Dec, 2018

They are a very intimidating bunch. After cancelling my card, I have now received a letter from a global collection service. Has this happened to anyone else? I have no idea how they found my address, but next think you know, there will be someone at my door...and I'm sure it won't exactly be the kind of guy I was looking for on the dating site.
    What would you advice? Ignore or pay after all?

• Ka
      31st of Dec, 2018

€300 taken from my mams account in Ireland! Do not use this page !! SCAM SCAM SCAM

5th of Jan, 2019
    Singles50 - Unorthorized money taken from my account by Singles50
    6 Aulax Close
    Eversdal H
    South Africa

This morning at 3am I received an sms from my bank informing me that R1 999 was taken off my credit card by Singles50.
    I never subscribed to the Premium membership. How is this legal?