[Resolved] Singapore Post (SingPost)singpost delivery staff repeatedly place oversized parcels in letterbox that cannot be retrieved by residents.

Postmen are given a key to open up a "master door" that grants access to an entire block of letterboxes. The unfortunate thing is letterboxes are designed in such a way that the access door for individual letterboxes opens up a window that's smaller than what you get when the master door is used. Very often, postmen (or women) would squeeze in packages that can't be taken out through the resident's access door.

I have dealt with this problem for more than ten years, across 3 different locations I stayed. It has happened so many times I've lost count. I count a minimum of six times at my current residence, the longest I've stayed since I've moved out from my parents'. About half the time this happens, I'm able to tear open the parcel while it's still inside, remove the item, then twist and bend the remaining packaging as required to remove it. Sometimes the carton is visibly mangled to squeeze into the letterbox.

Two different postmen committed this error. I've had to intercept one when he came around the next day once. That guy retired and his replacement did the same thing. SingPost sent someone down just to retrieve my parcel. I spoke to both of these delivery men and explained the problem clearly.

Just last week this happened again and I had to open up the package inside the letterbox to get my item out. It then happened AGAIN yesterday and now I can't get the item out. Seems like there's been yet another change in staff servicing my area.

I've complained to SingPost about this problem (and various others) multiple times. Each time I tell them the same thing: solve the problem once and for all by making it part of staff orientation or training. How long does it take to explain this to someone? A minute? Clearly they never did this, because every single new guy does it.

I'm at my wit's end to get this to stop, it's a horrible waste of my time and energy just to get my mail. I've posted about this across social media, and of course submitted a useless complaint to SingPost. I'm looking for new outlets to highlight this longstanding problem in an effort to get SingPost to finally act on it.

• Resolution statement

• Updated by Zen Ho, Dec 03, 2018

Received a call from customer service after raising a complaint. Was told someone would come on Monday afternoon to retrieve my parcel. Never came. Not surprised.

• Singapore Post (SingPost) Customer Care's Response, Dec 05, 2018

Hi, Zen Ho. Thank you for sharing with us your feedback. Please be assured that my colleagues from Customer Service will look into your case.

Ze