Simoniz Fix It / Ripped Off / Scammed!!!

1 KY, United States Review updated:

I ordered this product online because I was impressed by the commercial. I planned on ordering just one bottle and expected there to be taxes and shipping charges. The product advertised for just $19.99. I entered my credit card information and waited for the final total...they didn't give it until AFTER they charged my credit card. And the charge was $63.95!!! YES, $43.96 in shipping charges!!! I immediately went to their site and filled out the section for "Cancel Order". However, three days later, I got the package. I called the company and told them I filled out the cancellation within minutes of making the order and she said I should have CALLED them...well, I DID call them...they were CLOSED!! That's why I filled out the cancellation online. She informed me that I could return the package and they would refund just $19.99 because I still had to pay for the shipping...$43.96. I'm working with my credit card company to get my money back and get these FRAUDS off the internet scamming people.

Comments

• Ni
      6th of Apr, 2009

DO NOT BUY THE FIX IT PEN!
    Exactly! The telephone order did not either provide a total for the order, and they doubled it! Saw it only after it posted on my bank account.
    Fix It makes money by ripping off customers by luring them in with hyped up ads for products that don't really work, and calling the second item FREE! ("BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE! IF YOU ORDER NOW, WE DOUBLE YOUR ORDER!) - If one pen costs $9.95 plus $9.95 S&H, then how is the second one FREE, JUST PAYING $9.95 S&H? (and it's in the same box). They told me they are not US Postal Service, they don't charge by weight or box, nor does it matter that it came in one box.
    You end up paying $9.95 x 3 TIMES! It's misleading advertising by fast-talking Billy Mays, who shamelessly paraded his art of deceit on a Jay Leno show recently.
    And if it doesn't work and you return it to them, they make $19.90, and you're out of additional $8 for shipping it back!
    DO NOT BUY THE FIX IT PEN! It not only doesn't work as he shows it, it even damages more your car paint! It's like a crazy glue substance, poures out in a puddle, then the tip dries immediately and starts scratching and taking off more paint. Then, the tip just falls out and you can throw the whole thing away, and take your car for a paint job.
    I will never buy anything he's pushing, and will use all my efforts to advise others not to buy either.

• Mc
      24th of Jul, 2009

So who do we call and what can we do. The number listed is a computer and pressing 0 does nothing!!

• Gi
      30th of Sep, 2009

I AGREE! DO NOT BUY THIS PEN! Beyond the pricing discrepancies noted here, there is a far worse problem. It may end damaging the paint job on your car as it did mine. I applied it to about 12 scratches on the hood of my car and the result looks like numerous areas of slug slime. I have tried everything to get it off this hard glue-like material but to no avail. I have already contacted the Better Business Bureau on this and intend to take the matter to court. I cannot believe that they are still advertising on TV and making money on this harmful product.