Simmons Beautyrest World Class / Defective Mattress

1 Onancock, VA, United States

Aug. 2005 I purchased a Simmons Beautyrest World Class Mattress for $1700.00 from a Mattress Giant . I purchased a new arrival floor model for a substancial price reduction. When purchased I inquired on the 10 yr. warranty and was advised the warranty was valid. The first 3 years the mattress was fine. After that we noticed how it was sagging where we slept. As time went on the sagging was more visable to the eye and the middle of the mattress was protruding making for a bad night of rest. I contacted Mattress Giant and they showed no interest in helping. When I filed a warranty claim I was notified that the mattress did not ever have a warranty because it was a floor model and the invoice was marked "sold as is"? And indeed in small print the invoice says just that. Who does business like that? So, we are currently sleeping on a very expensive defective mattress. I have learned a lesson. I will never purchase from anyone in the future without doing more research first. And will most certainly read the fine print! I will never buy from Mattress Giant they are not a reliable company and I hope this posting will help buyers aware of there unfair business practice. They certainly do not stand behind there product. I contact Simmons and the door is still open on that.