Silverline Security / Worst customer service, false ad

1 West Palm Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-759-7233

This company hires many young salespeople just out of high school or college to fool customers with false advertisement. They will write an invoice showing all the benefits the client is getting when buying this very technologically advanced system. It is a wireless GE system that GE is installing for free and if somebody buys it directly it does not even cost $300.00.

Because they want the customer to sign the contract with them, they cover all the important parts of the contract and summarize what they know he/she would not care about. After signing the contract, they give a three day delay to cancel. When the customer calls before the three day delay, they wait until after the three days are passed to contact the customer and try to solve the issue. Now that the customer has five year contract, the system is not installed properly, it does not work, and they refuse to cancel the contract.

Their customer service people do not have any skills. They treat customers like criminals; all they care about is money when their service is the worst. They removed the customers' old system, if they had one, and threat them to send their names to collection if they would not pay for a system that was not installed properly. They harass customers for their money after they have them sign an unread, hidden contract.

Do not even attempt to talk to them when they knock on your door. They are a bunch of fraudulent salespeople selling false advertisement.

C

Comments

• Al
      11th of Mar, 2009

I AGREE COMPLETELY! THIS COMPANY IS A PIECE OF SH**! SCAM ARTISTS WHO WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ANYONE!
    WATCH OUT! PLEASE DON'T FALL VICTIM TO SILVERLINE SECURITY!

• Aj
      22nd of Apr, 2009

I COMPLETELY AGREE THEY DO ANYTHING TO GET YOU TO SIGN THE CONTRACT WITH THEM, I MEAN ANYTHING, INCLUDING OFFERING YOU MONEY TO SETTLE WITH YOUR OLD ALARM COMPANY. JUST HAPPENED TO ME. ONCE I DECIDED THAT I WANTED TO CANCEL BECAUSE OF MY OLD CONTRACT, THEY OFFERED TO PAY PART OF THE MONEY DUE TO MY OLD ALARM COMPANY. WHEN I MAINTAINED THAT I WOULD RATHER FINISH OUT MY OLD CONTRACT, THEY GOT UGLY, THEY TOOK THEIR SYSTEM OUT, AND HAD MY OLD SYSTEM JUMBLED UP, SO THAT I COULD NOT REINSTALL IT. PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU SIGN ANYTHING. I AM VERY GRATEFUL THAT I CANCELED WITHIN THE 3 DAYS. EVEN THOUGH THEY DID NOT CALL ME BACK UNTIL AFTER THE 3 DAYS, I MADE SURE THAT I DOCUMENTED ALL EFFORTS TO REACH THEM, INCLUDING EMAILS, VOICEMAILS, TEXT MESSAGES, AND FAXES. WATCHOUT FOR THESE PEOPLE!!!

• Ad
      9th of May, 2009

Dont even think about getting this piece of sh#$@ system. I worked for these scam artist as a tech installing alarm systems for a summer. I had Absolutely no idea what i was even doing, they trained us for 2 days and sent us out there to do horrible installs. I would say 8 out of 10 customers would call us within a couple of days really pist off telling us to go get the system rip out after reading the contract carefully, of course the managers would tell us to ignore those calls. They promised us really good money and since most of us are college students we took it as a summer job, and they ended up riping us off as well. We busted our tales off for the whole summer (10-12 hours a day, six days a week) and did not get a cent out of it. They would tell us to lie to customers telling them that a couple of sensors would cover the entire house, its a bunch of bs. On top of that they hide alot really important details on the contract. BE VERY CAREFUL WITH AN INDIVIDUAL NAMED ADAM SCHANZ!!!He will sweet talk you into signing the contract that you will regret for the next 3 to 5 years (depending on how dumb you are). I don't even want to get into details on the people they have in corporate, its a bunch of Mormons who snort coke all day in their office in Utah(and i have nothing against Mormons just these individuals), believe me i saw it with my own eyes. I also got to meet the "monitoring center people"they will probably answer about 10 calls a day depending on how hung over they are. So be very careful with these people, you have no idea how much you will regret getting this system. Slam the door in their face once you hear silverline security, go with the big commercial company's if you really want a security system.

• Cu
      28th of Jun, 2009

I have the system and i love it. I read this blog before getting the system and was a little concerned but soon realized that it was not the case. Silverline has been great and i love the system. In fact i got one put in my mothers house as well. I think if you read the above comments you can quickly realized they are from a upset employee. The representative told me they let him go. Anyways they are great. You wont go wrong with them...

• Fl
      4th of Jul, 2009

Great company, great service, I feel I made an investment in the protection of my family. Everybody should have a security system in this day and age. I am sure other security companies are great as well, but Silverline has worked great so far. If any changes I will be sure and post.

• Fi
      13th of Jul, 2009

SILVERLINE SECURITY HAS BEEN GREAT! I recently had a wireless security system installed in my home by this company and thus far everything has met my expectations. I really felt it was an advantage to have a representative in my home because they could consult me on the best way to protect my home.
    I am a happy customer and have since referred two of my neighbors.

• Fa
      18th of Jul, 2009

• Ca
      22nd of Feb, 2010

I would agree completely because I made it my business to contact these people to collect their monthly payments. I have a system that I do not even know if it works. After numerous calls to them, now I have a collection agency who is threatening to report me to the credit bureau. Silver line did not even give me a call when they got their account system up and running. I do not have $3000.00 especially when some fool can not even give me a break down of the charges. The collections phone number is 214-261-9281, they are no better. Rude customer service, and for your record my credit is already messed up, so be my guess. I refused to let you take my joy when all you did was to make big holes in my house to install a system that does not work. If Silver line wants to contact me, do so but your nasty and unprofessional collection agency is taking the money that you are trying to get from me.

• Ad
      22nd of Feb, 2010

My name is Adam Schanz. I am the man! Basically I recruit guys and promise them the world, yet I make all the money! I make $800 a sale and Matt Smith does whatever I tell him. He would be out of business without me. We have never had more than one office and never live up to our promises. Every year is a whole new battle recruiting sales reps. because they never come back. Make sure you read your agreement thouroughly before you go with Silverline we have all sorts of deductions we never tell you about.

• Ba
      1st of Mar, 2010

is this company licensed in maryland.i know maryland the installer and the company has to be licensed

• Lu
      13th of Mar, 2010

i am seeking employment and silver line so far has the best deal as far as sighning no contract. I read alot of these blogs and i look at the bbb rating...you have to earn a rating with them wich tells me with an a- next best grade to earn being a+ they are winning. To all you unhappy ex employees get over it you were a weak a s and need to justify you sucking at sales. Perhaps most of these complaints were made by the competition. these companies come and go, reason dis honest reoresentatives. They are independent contractors. I am sure to keep the grrreat rating on the bbb if the represetative was dis honest if you made a complaint it would more than likely be handled. There is not a wire on every rep. They would not know unless they were told. I also know to be a rep you must under go a back ground check. Every one needs to eat. If you do not think your families well being is worth 50 dollars a month, you need to recheck your list and find out what is important. With the crime rates rising and people becoming desperate in the tough economy i think as a future employee it is kinda like toilet paper, would not want to be wothout. sincerely luke w.

• Cu
      22nd of Mar, 2010

must be a good company; what company would contact young men in Calif. ask for a meeting not show up, then send them 1000.00 and another 500.00 without even a contract or even interview. sounds good to me. Ya think?

14th of Apr, 2010

I'm Matt Smoth. I let Adamn run the company cuz I can't handle it. We don't pay our technicians or sales people because me and Adam like to scam young people into wasting their lives. It sure feels good knowing that all these familes are paying us $45 dollars a month and we don't have to pay anyone, rolling around in cash is a blast.. These dumb familes don't even know you can get monitoring for as low as $9 a month (http://www.smarthome.com/alarm.html), I've actually seen lower but i'm a lazy ### so i'm not gonna find a better link. You can then buy the equiptment off ebay or an alarmequiptment site for sub $200... LOL It feels good to know a better alarm system could be installed by these familes for extreme ammounts less. I just love their cash and I love that I don't have to do anything to run this company and I hope Adam keeps dating me or my whole world will crumble. We never license anywhere we go because were really sketchy, we just steal and lie.

• Se
      11th of May, 2010

I am a employee for silverline security. All I have to say is this company is great. The mangers are awesome. They don't lie, do drugs, cheat, not train, not pay and whatever else these dumb EX employees are saying. The system is top of the line and by far the best security system on the market. And please believe me when I say I have worked for a lot of other companies, but this is most def the best on the market. As far as the sales reps go, yeah they hire young people but it is a great oppurtunity to make a lot of money...y not start young. And besides all we do is door to door and it's a ton of walking...older people wouldn't be able to keep up. Lol. Anyone who reads this please don't read that other hateful crap about the company. The system is top of the line, the reps are great at what they do, managers train very very well, and customer service is excellent. If a silverline employee shows up at ur door please listen to what we have to offer. It's an excellent system. It's our job to go door to door. It's a ton of hard work and persistance but not many people realize that when ur standing on their front porch. And for all those upset EX employees, you know you got trained, you knew about deductions and you knew that if you didn't get any sales or any installs ( if you were a tech) you don't get paid. So stop complaining and move on. Sincerly, sarah

• Sc
      19th of May, 2010

this is directed to S.E.B., and all other 1st season silverline employees. Best of luck to you, I really mean that. How many 2nd season guys work for Adam Schanz? Think about that. MAKE SURE THAT YOU MAKE IT TO SALT LAKE CITY FOR YOUR YEAR-END CHECK. Also, I decided to tell Adam Schanz' parents about their son's business, because his uncle John Burrup (who worked as a tech in Tampa in 2007) said that at the end of the day, Adam Schanz does the right thing. Ms. Schanz requested that I stop visiting her house to seek mediation for unpaid monies.

If Adam decides to come clean on his account with me (which will never happen) he can reach me at (208)569-0510. I won't hold my breath.
    One more thing--if the business is soooo legit, then how come salesmen get arrested for not having sales licenses?

• Il
      7th of Jun, 2010

You people obviously have nothing better to do then to put a honest to good company in a bad light. It's a great company. What kind of psychopath puts someone's address on the internet, putting a whole family at risk. Stop being to juvenile and grow up.

• On
      7th of Jun, 2010

We're licensed. We work for Silverline and were unable to work for a couple days when we first got out here, because we were waiting on all the licensing and permits to go through. Involving Adam's family is pathetic and ridiculous, no matter how mad you are. The company is legitimate, it has an A- on the bbb.org, and it is a great security system. So get over your problems and your anger and leave the company alone.

• Sc
      24th of Jun, 2010

I agree, involving someone's family is pathetic and ridiculous. The last time someone complained to my parents about me making an [censor] out of them was probably when I was 12. Regardless, Adam Schanz reaches profitability by turning and BURNING vulnerable young adults who don't have steady jobs, and are looking to make money for the summer. People just don't return to work for the guy, because he's a scammer. Oh, and by the way, Adam still hasn't called to settle his account with me. He probably never will. Sooo...I guess I'll stay satisfied helping other disgruntled employees and customers track Schanz down. Let's see, where did I put that info? man, I can't find it right now, I'll throw on the vital stats for Schanz later, I have his Social Security #, date of birth, recent addresses laying around somewhere...I know that it was a big hit when I distributed it to my 2007 coworkers and adversely-impacted Silverline Security sub-contractors. It's getting put on here. there's no 2 ways about it.

• Kj
      2nd of Jul, 2010

Silverline Security sells GE security systems that are innovative and provide customers with safety, security, and peace of mind. The company is committed to ensuring safety and family values. Security systems provide a sense of well being and alleviates stress and worry in the home.

• Ca
      22nd of Jul, 2010

Someone just came to my door trying to sell me the security system. Im home alone with my 2 young boys and this guy actually asked to come in to look at my doors, I told him no I was busy. Then he asked for a bottle of water, it was just odd.

He was saying there were recent break-ins aroudn town that have been on the news (not true). I live in a small rural town and if there were a rash of breaks ins I would know for sure!!!

He wouldnt leave me any contact information either, nothing about the system they want to install.

To the previous positive comments you guys were lucky but I think more people dont have good luck with them.