Silverleaf Resorts / information

1 TX, United States Review updated:

I need some information from all you upset Silverleaf owners out there. My resort is paid in full, but I refused to pay the dues as they said dues would only be needed to be kept current if I used my week. That was a lie as I received a letter from an attorney stating my "property " is to be auctioned off and I am no longer an owner. I say thats great if thats all but knowing how they have been to me in the past there has to be a catch. Anyone out there with a similar situation and what does this do to my credit. Also will I still have to pay late dues.

Comments

• Ou
      5th of Apr, 2010

Hello, I hope I can answer some of your questions with the dumb thing we all got our self in with Silverleaf. You paid for the timeshare. Then for the REST of your life you will owe what they call HOA fees. If you do not pay they miss up your credit. You can only hope to sale it, like I have been trying since 2008 with no luck. Or give it back to them. You will lose all the money you put in it but you will be free of them once and for all. All you can do is to pray. Im in the same boat as you, only I pay them so my name & credit are nice and clean. It makes me so mad that I have to pay for something I dont even use. :-( You take care and e-mail at Raluca.Saturn@gmail.com if you want to talk more about this. I really want to find a better way for us all. There has to be hope out there.

• Ca
      8th of Dec, 2010

Hi i am Carolyn and i came across your reply about a Silverleaf owner who had a question about of what to do to dispose the timeshare. I share the same problem with you. Our timeshare is paid years ago, but we stopped paying the dues last Jan but 2 days ago we received a foreclosure letter. As much as I don't want to, i am now pressured to send the entire amount of dues for this year just so our credit won't be affected, but what other alternative do we have. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks. Email me at carpwes65@hotmail.com

• Ou
      8th of Dec, 2010

I could not sale it, could not get anyone dumb enough to take it from me, so I gave it back to them. The best thing I ever did. So what I lost money. LOTS of it for that matter. But Im free to not go to anymore dumb [censor] update meeting. We are almost 2011, send me e-mail update Silverleaf!!! No we all know what they update you. To up sale you. They just keep raping our pocket books. I hope other keep on reading before they buy something that sounds too good to be true. Hang in there and keep your head high. One day we can fight this, for now we give it back and walk away a bigger person. Have a good day. Feel free to call or e-mail me.

• Ho
      28th of Dec, 2010

How do you give back the timeshare? I need details.