Silverleaf Resorts / SCAM - Don't waste your time!!!

United States, Texas Review updated:
Silverleaf Resorts
This place is horrible!!! We got suckered in to going because of the "Free Cruise" they offered. Of course we only went so we could get the cruise (which is a total joke, but I will get to that later). It was supposed to be an "easy 90 minute presentation", no obligation to buy. YEAH RIGHT! We were there for 3.5 hours. After the first guy couldnt sell us the time share he brought in another "manager" to sweeten the deal. She offered a much better deal than the first guy, but we still wouldnt break down and say yes. She decided to, what we thought was give up and let us be on our way, and told us that another guy was coming over to "just do a quick survey on the guy that gave us the tour". Well that guy came over and once again tried to offer us a deal to buy and we again refused. He then proceeded to try to make us feel like we were complete idiots for not taking the deal and he even said that us not buying the timeshare is teaching our daughter (she is only 12 months old) that family vacations are not important! As he walked us out, he decided it was necessary to tell us that he didnt like our stroller and that he was upset that we didnt take his deal. He never said thank you, or even bye. Just wanted us to get the hell out! And he aparently could care less about our opinion because he never even asked us how our sales guy was.
When we went to get our "free vacation" they called in 2 families at a time (into one office) and went over the vacations so fast you couldnt even understand what she said. One part I did hear was the other couple that was in there with us asked about the $100 fee that we had to pay and she told us that was to cover the taxes, fees ect and that was all we had to pay. Well that was a bunch of crap! For the cruise, you not only have to pay the $100, which is a reservation fee, but you also pay $179 per person for fees. So for a cruise for 2 that is already $458 that you are paying out of your pocket! So much for the "free vacation"! We were also told that we won another 5 day 4 night hotel stay at either Aruba, Jamaica, Hawaii or Puerto Rico, sounds great, right...not even close! Dates are never available, people dont call you back and the experience is all around horrible.
I feel for anyone that is sucked into this black hole of lies! I cant believe these people are still in business. My advice to anyone that is reading this and thinking about going for the "free vacations", dont bother!!! Its a waste of a good day and totally not worth it!!!

A  27th of Mar, 2009 by
my name, jon doe. i was called about the same thing, that i had won some grand prize! and that i needed to claim it as soon as possiable. of course i asked questions, like how did i win and is this real???????????? they told me some bull ### lie that if it werent real i could write about it. well i am. the only thing about my situation is I DIDNT GO!!! thank god!!! something told me that it sounded to good to be true. when i was looking for directions to go, i just happen to be in some website saying a its a SCAM. so i started to read about it. now the bad thing about this is that i only had a hour to get there and belive me i was trying to get there, for the simple fact that they told me that i could not cancel my appiontment. but i keeped reading every ones complaints. i was n shock after i read every one complaing i said oh HELL NO!!! my mom is so glad we read about it, cause if we wouldnt have we would have been in the same situation as others. so i feel for the peploe that dont have a computer...
A  24th of Dec, 2009 by
Yup--same story as above. Blows my mind that places and people like this exist. Trying to make money off of lies, and wasting people's time. I'll be a happy man when I pass by their store and see it closed.

Silverleaf Resorts Logo Silverleaf Resorts