Silverleaf Resorts / bad comapny

1 grapevine hwyNorth Richland Hills, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 817-284-2390

01/05/2009..i used to work for this company and even made it to management. all i can say is watch out. most of the people there are on drugs, (coke, weed, meth, x-tacy, pain killers, etc), espeically the ones you talk to over the phone when they set you up for an appts. i know this because i bought and sold “candy” to upper managment and my employees. what is funny they just drugged tested all their managers a month ago and 22 of them at the north richland hills center came up dilluted(which means they are hiding their drug usage), , , while 2 others were fired(pain killers and weed). yes this includes divisonals, managers, assistants, and verifiers of running the 2 call centers in arlington and north richland hills. managers of the teams are under enormous amounts of pressure and have their jobs threatened everyday, same with the operators. this is a very unhealthy place to work for and do business with. the company gives away a trip with airfare and hotel rooms, , , but most people dont know they have to travel tues-thurs, , , and have to put down a $100 dollar deposit. and they have to schedule very far out. plus their is so many rescrictions on dates that one may travel, which makes this trip bs. then they get 1 of 4 major prizes, , which always ends up being the exotic island trip, , (there is no airfare with this one). be aware if you go to one of their presentations Do Not Buy!! you will have to pay maintence fees every year(which usually go up), and you will never use the place, , and look at the resorts, , i have no clue where those fees go, , the resorts look like crap..i have been. please do this yourself a favor and stay away from these drug addicted money hungary monsters….i left because of the drug activity(yes they would do drugs in the bathroom and sell them on the floor) and the guilt i had of leading people into silverleaf's lion den..the sales people are worse than the operators, , , heavy pressure sales(they dont take no for an answer, , even if you said it 20 times), , but of course we tell customers, , no of course its not a high pressured sales, , , lol

Comments

• Le
      18th of Jan, 2009

I am with you, they are high pressure sales people. I gave in and bought a blue season, I didnt use any of our weeks. They get you by looking at your kids and telling you that you are breaking thair hearts by not taking them to orlando. When we went there, they should us the rci book, the prices for those resorts were hand written, and I remembered that it didnt have any colored seasons on it. When we went there the second time(telling us to stay over for a presentation on how to use the resorts) they tryed to sell us a more expensive resort upgrade. They couldnt take no for an answer, I should have just walked out, but I'm not that type of person, I am a good, respectful person that hates to make people mad. I was suckered into it. I was never rip off in my whole life, I learned a valueable lesson, and I only lost 2 thousand dollars. they bought it back.
    The other thing that I remembered was that we could actually cancel the timeshare within 9 days. I didnt looked it up online after months have passed by, by then it was too late. We went to a silverleaf store in illinois, I believe it was in Oak Brook Illinois, There we told them all the lies that the other sells rep. had told us. And he agreed that all was a lie, but that he could make it better, by selling us a better timeshare for only $9500 more for a red week, that we can travel any where any time. Well, I wasnt thinking straight, I didnt do the math, airfare, monthly payments, $700 in maintenance fee, it was gonna cost me alot of money for one week, I rather just spend $1000 in a resort and be able to sleep at night. Do the math before you buy. You dont want to get ripped off. If its too good to be true, it isnt. they are getting better at getting people to their resorts, we went to a childrens expo in schaumburg illinois, there was a man who asked us if we wanted a free orlando vacation, cruise or a vegas vacation, all we had to do is go to a presentation, That presentation lasted for 4 hours. I wonder how else are they getting people in the doors. It was too late for me to cancel the contract since it only last 9 days to cancel. I heard that they also give you a hard time to cancel it, even if you are within 9 days. Dont buy from these people, they treat you nice at first, then when you try to tell them no, their attitude changes. after you are in, and want to go in for bonus time, they will tell you that there are full, that people who own at that resort will get in first, that they will call you 2 days before the day(s) you want in. Who wants to wait a month or so and make plans to go in, and then getting a call 2 days before your time to go saying "no, were are full". bogus time, I call it. cancel before it gets to late. Dont believe when they tell you that they dont buy back the timeshare, because its a lie. good luck.

• Je
      7th of Feb, 2009

It is obvious by your comments that you are nothing more than a disgruntled exemployee. I have been with Silverleaf for over 10 years. We love it and have always been treated kindly and with the utmost respect. We recently used RCI and went to Orlando. Stayed in a luxury condo for less than 150 for the whole week. And there were 7 of us. I can say with all honesty that the people working there are not on drugs. Maybe some of the ex-employees are. But the people I have dealt with were great. I am a nurse and can spot a drug user a mile away. And these people are NOT on drugs. What you have done by posting your comments is called slander. I have a feeling you were probably fired and didn't leave by your own wishes. Hence the negative comments. Grow up.

• Bo
      24th of Feb, 2009

I would have to say that the timeshare industry is a complete waste of time and money. Im sure people have great vacations with RCI, but the resorts in Texas are pretty crappy. I was ripped off by Silverleaf in Conroe, TX, and I did not work there and I dont know if everyone there was on crack, but they all smoked religously. I have some friends that were in the Timeshare industry and they got out knowing what kindof scams they were selling people. What people dont understand is that you will be paying on Silverleaf for the rest of your life on matinence fees, and when you pass away your kids pick up the bill and there kids will pick up the bill and so on and so forth.

Silverleaf made a double withdrawl from my checking account pulling a double payment of $600 total from my checking and they only wrote a check for $70 to be deposited back into my account. Shortly after this I was in a car accident, the bank put a red flag on my account due to the excessive cash withdrawl from my account causing me to be late on other bills, my company went bankrupt and I was with out a job, my house ended up going into foreclosure, me and my wife had to move into an rv ten hours west just so we could have a living because every job in my field was going bankrupt. And you can guarantee that Silverleaf called us 15 times a day asking for another account so they withdrawl money from just so they could collect there payment amount. No pity for us. We had tried to reason with them and tell them that we can not afford the timeshare and they should just take it back. But I believe everyone knows the answer to that question.

So now Im working part-time and trying to go back to school while me and my wife try to survive on scraps. I hear if you did in house financing the timeshare company should just take it back and it should not affect your credit. The timeshare company loves to send you mail and threats to scare you into sending them money. So far I have had over 20 threats but nothing on my credit shows any harm done.

So be cautious, and always look online before you sign the dotted line.

26th of Mar, 2011

I recieved a letter saying that I was a winner of some cars or 49, 000 dollars cash. I was told thaty there was a resort in New Branfals TX and I looked it up on google maps and the place in North Richland Hills, TX is actually in Forth Worth. I called the number that formerleafer left and the girl that answered was very rude and evasive. She did not want to tell me her name or what was her job function there. I would ask her where the resort was located and she said that she didn't understand my question. I think that formeleafer is right and this is a scam. But they would get the surprise with me because I am broke. HAHAHA. I knew that winning a car or money was to good to be true. What a joke!!!

• Jc
      28th of Aug, 2011

My son filled out one of those forms at a Mall. I told them at the time that he was in college and didn't have any income. They said it didn't matter. They wanted a check or credit card number and we could pay the taxes right then. I told them no that we were not giving either one. And told him in for the drawing. About six months later they called. My son picked up the call. He scheduled an appointment a few days later. He said they never ask him if he had a job. I told him don't be surprised if they tell us you don't have a job. You don't qualify. To my surprise. They callled us in with several other people and told us we didn't have to attend the 90 minute presentation but that he had won the five day trip hotel accomendations. Him and one other boy had to scratch a card to reveal your prize for five gold pots. Long story short they both got the trip. I had my doubts as to whether their are really five gold pots at all in twenty five squares. My question to everyone is has anyone taken the trips. My son wanted the las vegas trip to take his friends it is suppose to include airfare and the one for Hawaii doesn't anyone gone on those trips. J.C.

• Ph
      8th of Jul, 2014

We are just bought timeshare from Silver leaf Resorts not long ago. And we are did up date our packaged to Destination Resort. And we try to reservation bonus time, RCI, slip the week. Tell the truth is from the first time when we went there, sale man really nice at first and will made pressure on you after take you go a tour to buy vacation packaged. They really test and do not let you think twice about ever things before make decision. But do not hurry, if you can come back another the trip, yes do it. Go home first think about finance you can afford. Because maintain fee every month even you not use facilities. But if you have a kids and with bonus time, that great, use it and it worth the money. We are leave near Tyler, so about 2 hour drive, not far from us. We hope our kids will enjoy this until they go up. I really do not know, if you do not use packed can you sell it back, I bet it is not easy, and they will make it hard time. I know for sure. For us customer service is very nice and really explain for you everything. Room is clean. In Resorts website, you can not find any review that let you understand what the problem ahead and what you will face with finance. About sale man, sale operator, sale manager, all of them are under pressure to sale. So be prepared anything like ask a friend about it, or do research. When are you there, if you are nice person, you will on the trap of the sale man and you will regret what you just done. The rest is wonderful, not everything was that bad. And have a good times. Once thing I forgot about RCI, went you book it will have restriction on the day, not any day of the week. And the bonus time the is concern too when you book or reservation. Those thing when you become a member, you can ask customer service more detail. Most sale man only answer on the scratch of surface only.