Silverleaf Resorts

Posted:

I stopped paying!

4.75
Silverleaf resorts
Ok, just wanted to update everyone on my post from September. Silverleaf sent us notice that they would foreclose on the timeshare in OCT. The phone calls have stopped and we have been monitoring our credit closely. Nothing! There is no record of Silverleaf on there anywhere! I do think that something should be done about a class action lawsuit, though, to prevent this sort of thing from happening to others. Good luck to all of you!
Complaint comments Comments (59) Complaint country United States Complaint category Vacation Clubs

Comments

N  31st of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
My partner and I bought into this scam not even a year ago. Now we want to stop paying. I actually work in collections myself so Im dreading the fact that we may default on it. Im curious if anyone has called them and been offered any other solutions than to just default? I really dont want to ruin my credit
A  9th of Sep, 2015 by    +1 Votes
Just called the owner services number as posted by Jazzabell and they are mailing us forms to sign over our deeds. We have 2 and never used our weeks. Used bonus time a few times but that was it. Always got the same BS in the "quick meeting" that turned in to hours. Our principals are paid so that is what makes this option work. I will be so happy when I mail back those signed forms.
N  23rd of Sep, 2015 by    +1 Votes
UPDATE!
Silverleaf resort was bought out by ORANGE LAKE RESORTS in early 2015. From what I have been told by a family member, Silverleaf is not allowed to collect any money from people who haved stopped paying or harass them for non-payment. And ORANGE LAKE RESORTS has had to pay back people that Silverleaf collected money from illegally. I would contact ORANGE LAKE RESORTS to confirm this information, because I haven't confirmed it myself. I have also heard there are numerous lawsuits against Silverleaf. I hope people find this info helpful.
N  30th of Oct, 2015 by    0 Votes
UPDATE!!!
I got rid of the timeshare within two-three weeks.
I had just brought the timeshare June 2.
i was out of my rescind window.
I had made a formal complaint to several agencies such as the attorney general of Texas, the BBB, the company itself.
I did a lot of researching and I ended up requesting a deed in Lien of foreclosure even though my payment doesn't begin until August 1st.
Luckily, the only payment I made was the down payment which was on my credit card so I had to call in and was advised from the credit company to call in a 'misplaced' card versus a "I want to close my account" because "they" can still track to get your money.
For those who are getting these non-stops call and letters you need to look up the FTC guideline and laws and make sure you tell SLI to back off - we have rights as consumers from collection calls.
Go on YouTube and look "steps on how to get out of timeshare".
Fortunately, I found a real estate/property lawyer and we were able to mediate the situation - refund me my money and take the deed off my hands. I did not PAY A DAMN cent to SLI.
Everything worked out fine and I haven't heard from them since.
N  30th of Oct, 2015 by    0 Votes
Good luck to everyone and PM me if you need further assistance. I'll try my best to respond promptly.
A  15th of Nov, 2015 by    +2 Votes
Hello, me and my husband bought into silver leaf last year and even upgraded. Now we are ready to purchase a home and want to completely stop paying silverleaf. I'm reading all these horror stories in this post but we really cannot afford another payment. We do not own it, though so I fear the worst from them. To anyone who has stopped paying or been able to give the property back (not having the principle paid off) could you please contact me?
Nastassiac.Lopez@gmail.com
N  21st of May, 2016 by    0 Votes
I recently have been getting statements from Silverleaf saying that I was behind one month on my upkeep fees. I searched and found out that the reason for this was that in Dec. 2015 I switched one week for another, and I was charged for both weeks that month. I went to BBB in Florida to complaint about it, and after four months I got a call from them telling me that they did make a mistake and charged me twice, and after they get my payment for May 2016, we will be squared away. A week later I received a response from Silverleaf attorney, through the Better Business Bureau, contradicting what I had been told on the phone just days earlier. These people would sell their mothers if they were going to profit from the sale.
They once tried to sell me a week at a resort they own in Georgia. Two months later, when I tried to make plans to use that week at Oak and Spruce(another Silverleaf owned resort) I was told I could not use it here since the one in Georgia is a get-away vacation resort and the one here is a Destination Resort. Nobody explained that to me when they were busy trying to sell me a week. They are worse than used car salesmen. Crooked to the bone.
A  1st of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes
The ENTIRE Silverleaf Resort Company is a set of liars and thieves who commit fraudulent activity on a frequent basis! They tell you anything to become an owner. They put unauthorized charges on your credit card/ bank account. They tell you one thing one minute, and something else another, and won't honor what they say. Stay away for your sake! Once you sign up, it's hard to get rid of, but one way or another you pay and you PAY PAY PAY dearly.
N  18th of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes
Well I still have this stupid resort; this was my last post:

All,
I am still paying but I have paid $3, 500 toward a lawyer stepzero and Kayira Law, LLC to help me againts Silverleaf.
I submitted my paper last May and right now just waiting.

According to Kayira Law Team, this could take months if not years but they could not recommend me to either cancel or continue with the payment. I am still paying cause because I don't want this againts my credit.

I wasted $3, 500 with stepzero and Kayira Law who could not help me.

I am thinking of stopping my payment this Summer
N  25th of May, 2017 by    0 Votes
@UnahappyCustomerTx I paid out 2800 to Step zero and the Griffin Law firm in 2016. They advised me to stop all communication and payment to Silverleaf and created a letter for me to send to Silverleaf. They promised to settle as is and that I could just walk away from the time share after my cease and desist letter. Fast forward into 2017. I just checked my credit score and it tanked by 200 points! I ran a credit report and saw foreclosure Silverleaf Resorts. Now I'm out legal fees and my credit went from excellent to poor almost overnight. How do you recover from that? I did exactly as the lawyer advised.
N  31st of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes
I am having the same problems with silverleaf. I plan to file a 1099-c with the IRS and a 1096. 1099-c is cancellation of debt and the 1096 is a form needed to file the 1099-c.
From what I understand one should receive a treasury check for the amount of your timeshare. This should solve the issues.
N  3rd of Aug, 2016 by    0 Votes
Any update on those who stopped paying?
N  16th of Oct, 2016 by    0 Votes
Like many of you who have posted. My mother and I have been scamed by silverleaf resort as well. The also told us to upgrade to the diamond program to use as much as we would like. Everytime we try to book not available. If anyone has any advice or would like to participate in bringing justice to these crooks, please contact me at j.bramble27@yahoo.com. Thanks
A  29th of Dec, 2016 by    0 Votes
Please if anyone is planning a lawsuit or has info about stopping payment pass on the info to the rest of us.
N  29th of Apr, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Angelitamm1 I got a guy! Always wanted to say that. Jim at timesharetricks@gmail.com is the guy you want to talk to. His website is www.timesharetricks.blogspot.com
A  23rd of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
Went with Resort Relief that uses a group "Castle Law".. paid around $3000 to get out of our Silver leaf timeshare (Paid for over a year and a half with a crappy experience the couple times we went.. the one time we actually were in our unit the A/C wasn't working in the middle of August). They sent me copies of the notices they sent to Silverleaf stating to "not contact us" and to "not report to credit bureaus". It's been over a year now. I have not been contacted by Silverleaf nor have I seen anything on my credit reports. I'm getting the cold shoulder from the Castle Law group though. They originally said it could take up to a year. Now that the year has passed they really don't answer back, so I am beginning to feel like we were played twice in a row. YOLO! Anyways.. seeing the balance due recently when logging in to my silverleaf account is very upsetting. I'm considering just taking out a loan to pay off the full balance and then try out that "deed back" option that some ^ have seemed to have success with. I am just ready to be done with this virus that haunts my thoughts every now and then.
N  29th of Apr, 2017 by    0 Votes
@hauntingvirus Before you waste money paying those crooks, contact Jim at www.timesharetricks.blogspot.com, he is a great guy and you'll pay him only 400 dollars then a commission after he gets you out of the contract with your money back.
N  2nd of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
@hauntingvirus If you paid Resort Relief by credit card you can get your credit card charged back, I did. Kevin Hanson and Castle Law are fraud!!!
A  19th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
Class-action lawsuit recommended against SilverLeaf.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree