Silverleaf Resorts

Posted:

I stopped paying!

4.75
Silverleaf resorts
Ok, just wanted to update everyone on my post from September. Silverleaf sent us notice that they would foreclose on the timeshare in OCT. The phone calls have stopped and we have been monitoring our credit closely. Nothing! There is no record of Silverleaf on there anywhere! I do think that something should be done about a class action lawsuit, though, to prevent this sort of thing from happening to others. Good luck to all of you!
Complaint comments Comments (59) Complaint country United States Complaint category Vacation Clubs

Comments

N  24th of Jun, 2014 by    +1 Votes
To those who have stopped their monthly payment for silverleaf resort, did it affect your credit?
A  5th of Aug, 2014 by    0 Votes
I am also curious as to what happened to those that stopped paying? Did it hit your credit pretty bad? I keep going back and forth with just stopping my payments because I have tried getting rid of this Timeshare since about 3 weeks after I bought it. I've never used it and don't ever plan too and like many of you have stated they just won't give me any options to get out of it. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!!
A  8th of Aug, 2014 by    +2 Votes
My wide and I stopped paying for about 3 months now. We wanted to just cut our loses. Which is probably around four thousand dollars. I just received a letter today that our full amount is due now within 10 days or there will be a lawsuit against me. They call probably 8 times a day. I have never used this except the free weekend they offered. The unit was pathetic. Tube televisions and very old fashion. The pools at the 2 different locations that I have seen are pathetic considering this is a resort. Before we got our house the pool at our apartment complex made their pools look very unappealing. It has been the biggest mistake I have made. I will never give in to high pressure sales tactics ever again. I guess we will see where this goes if they are actually going to attempt a lawsuit against us or not. I will keep you posted.
N  8th of Aug, 2014 by    +2 Votes
All,
I am still paying but I have paid $3, 500 toward a lawyer stepzero and Kayira Law, LLC to help me againts Silverleaf.
I submitted my paper last May and right now just waiting.

According to Kayira Law Team, this could take months if not years but they could not recommend me to either cancel or continue with the payment. I am still paying cause because I don't want this againts my credit.
A  5th of Oct, 2014 by    +1 Votes
I stop paying on my Silverleaf payment they keep sending a bill I just cannot afford paying for it anymore
N  15th of Dec, 2014 by    +2 Votes
On the ones of you that stopped paying and received the foreclosure info what has happened since then? I just received that letter today and it got me a little worried because the woman said it would effect me ever being able to buy a house or car or selling our house in the future. How true is this? Any information on whats happened with yall would be much appreciated! !! Thank you!
N  28th of Dec, 2014 by    0 Votes
We have stopped paying as of August. We received letter saying that they going to sue us for balance. Today is the last day to respond too letter. Guess we will see what happens. I gave read all reviews hope t bc eye don't do anything.
N  28th of Dec, 2014 by    +1 Votes
I broke down and paid a company to get rid of it for me so hopefully that wasn't a waste of money as well. Ill let everyone know how it goes
N  9th of Jan, 2015 by    +1 Votes
Hi All any new news to those who stop paying?

Happy New Year
N  19th of Jan, 2015 by    +1 Votes
I just called Silverlead corporate and talked to owner services and was able to give my timeshare back to them. They are sending me paperwork in the mail to sign and send back to them. One thing tho is my timeshare is completely paid for and all I was doing was paying mainatence fees. They are stopping my auto-pay of my maintence fees. For those that have a timeshare and it's paid off and you aren't wanting to get anything out of it and just get rid of it this is the way to do. I told them I live in another state which I do and never get to TX where my resort is and I would rather someone else have it that can use it. I'm going to be saving myself almost $1000 a year doing this. the number I called is 888-476-0991
A  23rd of Jan, 2015 by    +1 Votes
They are calling me 4 and 5 times a day when I clearly told them that I do not have the money to pay them this month. When I spoke to them today, they said that they will keep calling until they get the money. I finally put them on the reject call on my cell phone. I do not understand what harassing people will get them. I am bipolar and this is not helpful to me.
N  25th of Feb, 2015 by    +1 Votes
I've been paying $450 a month for the past three years and have only visit the "resort" once on a free weekend two years ago. It was a dump. The room didn't look anything like the brochure or the rooms that they showed me when I visit the "call center" in Irving, TX. Old tube tv sets, no wi-fi, only one shower and a very old broken bathtub in the other bedroom. It was so nasty. Then they took me on the tour of the "diamond" club owners, which looked more like a condo and better facilities. For what??? I'm not paying more for "better ammenities". The place is a dump in poor sections of town. They just scam and lie and pressure people into purchasing more. The red dates mean nothing. I've never been able to use them. The RCI program that I thought I could use is no longer in affect. They keep changing the services that you can use. When I complain, they just say that they are under new management after getting so many complaints. That's at least one a year. This whol industry should be investigated. When I first purchased the time share, the guy in Irving wanted to follow me home so I could go pick up a check and bring it to him. Are you insane, sir??????? That should have been my first hint that these are scam artists. I want to tell everyone that I see NOT to do it. The "resort" is nothing but an old LaQuinta or Motel 6. For what I pay for a month, I spent on my summer vacation hotel stay for a week last summer. It was a beach resort. A real resort. I'll never recoup what I've paid to Silver Leaf resorts and I just want out. I had a friend who said she stopped paying and they had to write a letter or sign something stating why they ceased payment and they are not being penalized and it never hit there credit. Thinking about it, how could it hit your creidt? It wasn't a loan and nothing was financed. As soon as I get the courage, I'm goign to stop paying too. I am only 3 days late in my payment this month and they are calling me 5-6 times a day on my cell phone and at least 3 times a day on my work phone. I blocked the # and they just started calling me from another #. They do not conduct business professionally and every month they call me for a "free" visit so they can sell me more stuff. Every time they have called me to sell me something, I've asked them to lose my # becuase they are a horrible business and I am so sorry that I made a deal with the devil.
N  17th of Mar, 2015 by    +1 Votes
We stopped paying last year and just received a threatening letter. Stating they would sue, but its been past 10 days and we've yet to hear anything else from them besides voicemails.
N  15th of Apr, 2015 by    0 Votes
I'm in the same situation just received a letter for full payment in 10 days or a lawsuit. Praying it goes away. Anyone who has been through this. Will you please message me with what happened. Thank you
N  23rd of Apr, 2015 by    +1 Votes
Anyone have a update???
A  29th of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
This deceptive company was in the mall and as usual I was skeptical but wanted to see how well trained the person was in trying to sale of this "mess" knowing that I would come home and look them up. I was not surprise to find many complaints about them. I consider myself a whistle blower and love to take all of these complaints to the sales person to see the look on her face!!!
N  19th of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
we went over to the Silver leaf resort and after 6 1/2 hours and all the lies we of course bite the worm and bought it. Now all the phone calls everyday from different # drives us crazy we r not behind on our payments but u can't get them to leave you alone. I am school bus driver and i told them i can't answer the phone, i blocked the # and they just change it and call from somewhere else. I didn't want it and don't want it. Been there one time and one time only. My vacation week is the third week in January and I can't get off work as we just got back from Christmas break. Hate having to pay them, HATE THE PHONE CALLS. Just can't get it NO MEANS NO
N  22nd of Jun, 2015 by    +1 Votes
Has anyone gotten an update after they recreceived a letter of foreclosure and anything about a lawsuit or bad credit?
Obviously, this is a total scam that I was bait into and I haven't made a single payment on it and I can't cancel contract since my rescind window is overdue. I am not paying a dime for this debauchery!
A  17th of Aug, 2015 by    +2 Votes
I'm pretty bummed out that those who went through this haven't updated the forum. I am currently 90 days past due. Thus far, I have received the final notice of delinquency today. It basically states that if I do not pay, one or all of these three things could happen: 1) they could call the full amount and have it payable immediately, (2) they would report my delinquency to the credit bureaus and (3) they could sue me for the amounts owed. I am pretty sure, that I will NOT be making any other payment. I promise to keep you guys posted on all other communications with them.
A  22nd of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
I just spoke with yet another sales rep at the villages resort from silver leaf. I told him that we didn't want this from the start and the only reason we signed is so we could get our two crying kids out of the building because every time we got up a sales person was on our heels. What was supposed to be 90 mins took 5+ hours and they actually told me to cancel my doctors appointment for the day because it would take over my scheduled time. He then told me that she should have tried to reschedule but haha she didn't and neither did he out of the 6 times he walked into the room. We were so fed up that he offered is his employer discount to get us to sign an upgrade. Trying to get out of there before I had a seizure in front of my kids because I had yet to take my meds or get to the dr my husband went ahead and signed. After that she offered free water park tickets for our time and was all bouncy and happy. We missed a payment and they claim they called on Wednesday but when you want to call to discuss things they are never available. This has been horrible.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree