Shoprite / the whole ordeal turned out to be a nightmare instead

1 Jersey City, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: (201) 418-0300

I just started going to the Metro Plaza ShopRite at Jersey City(07302) and I have to say the experience has been horrible.

Each time I use coupons the cashiers become so rude and have also had the manager showing faces or throwing remarks about it. Instead of politely mentioning if they won't accept a certain coupon they pass snide and sarcastic remarks as if it's a crime to have coupons!

This kind of passing remarks and rude attitude is a complete customer harassment and discrimination, something that I haven't seen anywhere else.

Today, I picked up a Stainless Steel Cleaner and had a coupon with me. The manager literally threw the coupon back saying they won't take it. It was so embarrassing.They made it seem as if I had just done a crime! What kind of a stores is the Shoprite brand running and I wonder what are there policies on customer service? I refused to take the product and left. The manager was still huffing over it. The coupon which I had shown was a valid coupon from the manufacturer's website. The whole ordeal turned out to be a nightmare instead.

This is the last time I am ever going there again.

Va

Comments

• Mb
      7th of May, 2015

I would like to complain about shoprite poor services they have always had a reputation of bad services but the time it has gone bad, a supervisor of shoprite physically attacking one of the shoprites customers that was indeed the worst experience I have ever had, yesterday my sister and I went to shoprite to purchase some goods and when asking her to help us out she completely refused as if we where forcing her to do her job, this is shoprite Dube by the way the worst shoprite ever the name of the supervisor was Mpho did not get her surname. I need the matter to be attended to as soon as possible and I want urgent feedback on whats going to happen to her. Thanks