Shopping Essentials / Unauthorized Credit Card Charges

Phone: 1-877-442-5774

I notices a charge of $22.00 CDN($20.00USD) being charged to my mastercard account each month and did not know what the charge was for. I returned from vacation and began to research the expenditures and found them dating back to Sept. 29/08 and my account was being debited $20.00USD each month for the past 26 months for a total value of $520.00USD. I contacted the company at their phone number and was told that my expenditure was in regards to my membership which I did not cancel when logging on to True.com in seven days after Sept.29/08. I never used True.com nor did I agree to any membership charges for Shopping Essentials. I would like to recover any or all monies owed and from what I discovered now this company is nothing more than a scam. Can you help me?

Edward Vervoort
[protected]

Comments

13th of Feb, 2008

A $9.95 charge appeared on my credit card in the January cycle for Shopping Essentials. I assumed it was some small item purchased over Christmas. But when a second charge appeared on the next month's statement I investigated and found this company, Shopping Essentials, has been fraudulently putting these charges on credit cards. I disputed the charge with my credit card company as well as calling Shopping Essentials and demanding they credit my account. One $9.95 charge was credited. As yet the second charge has not been credited.