Shell Vacations Club / Refund

SVC - Garden Grove Tel: 714/867-5300
12021 Harbor Blvd. Fax: 714/867-5310
Garden Grove, CA 92840

***************************************************
We went to the sales process - and signed up - MISTAKE - the company offered some Disney Dollars - We cancelled the offer and returned the Disney Dollars and to this day - 40 days after returning the company is stating that they have NOT received the Disney Dollars back and have charged my AMEX. After a continued email and phone calls with no movement - I have resorted to dealing with the issue with Amex. ** Do NOT Deal with this Company **

Fr

Comments

• Jb
      25th of Jun, 2008

Generally the incentives you're offered to come in to the presentation are yours to keep regardless if you sign up for their programs. If the offer was an incentive, they shouldn't have charged you for them.

I agree to the misgivings though. I attented the Garden Grove meeting last night and was surprised at the pusy tactics - even though they assure you in the beginning they will respect your "no" if you decide not to purchase and promise not to push.

Ha!

• Aj
      22nd of Jul, 2008

I went to the Pasadena presentation and luckily my friend was with me when I signed up for the presentation. I asked for the 4 night cruise and a $20 Best Buy card. I did not buy the time share and they didn't try to sell me to hard. I said I wasn't ready at this time and they respected that. I have yet to book my cruise but am hoping that I will get the dates I want if I book off season.

• Do
      20th of Sep, 2008

Hello guys Please JOIN my Facebook Group called. ..I bet i find 10, 000 People that hate Shell Vacations Time Share! It is time that People out there find out what a rip off and scam Shell Vacations is! Lets find all the people and join the board so the Internet itself will spread the word across the U.S and let the truth SHINE!

Here is the link to my group.

The Group is called
    I BET I FIND 10, 000 People that HATE Shell Vacations Club Time Share!

• Li
      6th of Nov, 2008

Has anyone got their money back from Shell? If so how, we feel pray to the scam and need a way out.

• Ga
      2nd of Dec, 2008

big lie. i need to find out a way to quit this club. did anyone one know how to make it? pls drop me a message: gavincui25@yahoo.com

• St
      6th of Dec, 2008

We filed a complaint with the IL BBB, we also sent a lengthy letter through email to shell about our complaint. Of course we haven't heard back from them, it's been over a week. Here's a list of email addresses I found on-line, maybe if we bombard them with emails we can get our money back. These are employees from the CEO to Human Resources. Good Luck!
    awang@svc-west.com
    dglickstein@ shellvacationsllc.com
    sjones@ shellvacationsllc.com

• Ga
      22nd of Dec, 2008

I feel so bad the facebook group is gone. we need stay with each other to make some noices, when we get strong we should get our money back. please join my new communite forum at http://antishellvacation.com

• Je
      2nd of Feb, 2009

Shell Vacations Club is a RIP OFF.

We need more people to stand up together and get stronger. shell vacation victim please join my communite forum at http://antishellvacation.com

Why would someone pay $400 a night with Shell Vacations Club points when you can stay at the same Hotel for $150 by booking with Expedia or other website. The economy is in real bad shape and we should let current owner NOT TO PURCHASE MORE POINTS AND MAKE SURE OTHER PEOPLE DO NOT GET SCAMMED ON THIS RIP OFF.
    Do not get fooled by FAKE positve comments made by Shell Vacations employees. Read what current pissed owners have to say about.

18th of Mar, 2009

They suck and were very pushy we didnt get our free trip and are now trying to use the EXTRA POINTS they GAVE USgood only this year !They neglected to tell us they were only good @ maybe 6 resorts but they give you that rci book to make it look like you have all these choices for your losey 5000 points but oh it will take 5, 400 for your trip plus we have to buy airfare because airfare on comes with it if you spent 90.000 dollars on their new place in napa! I live in santa rosa I could careless about napa. We could of gotten so much more for A LOT LESS no my mom and I are so embarassed that we spent a ton of money for nothing. Buyer beware! stay away. cheryl

20th of Mar, 2009

I signed in and got cold feet the next day. All contracts have a back door or "cooling period" . In the case of Shell Vacations it is 10 days. I rescinded my agreement and sent it by FedEx ...signature required. I had a credit for my deposit within 15 days.

• Sh
      9th of May, 2009

OMG if anyone has a way of getting out of this i really would like a mssge, we went for the free disney dollar thing too and got screwed
    we had 30 days to cancel and we did, we even got a lawyer involved to cancel the contract and now those ###s are all like they apparently received no notification about a cancellation and now they continue sending letters
    we tried ignoring them but they even got a registered letter sent today and now we're screwed cuz they know we're getting their letters
    someone PLEASE help it would be EXTREMELY appreciated
    finally012@hotmail.com

10th of Jan, 2011

We too were sucked into the Shell vacation Club, all sorts of promises were made at the presentation in Garden Grove, CA. including what a bargain it is to buy into their timeshare, and how we would save thousands of dollars, and it would be a tax right-off. We want to get out of it, If anyone out there knows how to get out of it please forward the information.
    Angel D

• Bi
      7th of Dec, 2011

We went to a SVC "presentation" today in Hawaii. The resort was really dated and a bit run down. The salesgal said she was a licensed RE agent, but didn't present her ID. This is a BIG no-no with the board of real estate. Also, there is a thing called "fiduciary duty" that means ALL real estate agents must maintain the interests of their client as a TOP priority above their own interests. If they obviously did not in your case, you have grounds for a civil complaint with the state board of real estate. Call your local state representative to file a complaint with their office as well.
    btw, 16.9% interest on loan money is NOT what I would consider in my best interest. This is the loan rate of SVC money.
    Are you aware that you can buy $27k worth of SVC points on eBay for $1??!! That's not a misprint. This is the REAL value of the points. When we pointed this out to the agent she LIED to us by telling us that the points on eBay are not flex-weeks nor can they be used at all SVC and RCI facilities. They can, just eMail the resale company yo confirm this! It's in their adverts too.
    We didn't bother with the complaint 'cause I just grabbed the $125 we were offered to sit in on the presentation and went zip-lining with their money instead of buying their crap.
    Here's a tip; do you want ultimate trading power for cheap yearly maintenance fees? Of course, that's the ONLY reason to buy a timeshare, unless you never go to any other facility. If you want to trade, check out re-sales for the Club Bali Hai on Moorea. NOT on Hawaii, it's DIFFERENT. We have one and trade anywhere, anytime and our yearly maintenance is only $535. You can buy one for $1 on eBay. We have checked and no other property trades higher, for less. Best wishes to the readers!

• Ha
      14th of Jan, 2013

All you people that are making these bad statements about SVC, have no clue what they are all about. I have been an Owner for years and have had the best vacations of my life since my purchase!
    Every resort my guests and I have traveled to, are always the Best of the Best...
    I bought enough points to have the "All Exclusive Vacations" and Boy do we... We live it up with NO monies out of pocket, (including air fare) 22 to 30 couples go every year (all of us are SVC Owners), the resorts are so accommodating and get us what ever we desire..
    Sometimes we are just so eager to say bad things about others.
    And if you have ever been a Business Owner you know this to be True!
    It's OK if this service is not for you and yes you do deserve all the gifts they offered you regardless of purchase. But all you have to do is to wait for them at the end of the presentation and then you have them in hand. But if not, you just need to make one call.
    This kind of purchase is not for everyone. but the Elite status is everything is says it is and more!!!
    Sorry you feel that "Bad mouthing" a company will make you feel better.
    Negativity does nothing but keep you from enjoying the good things in life.
    Obviously you now know this kind of Vacationing is NOT for you, so stay clear from any and/ or all presentations (even for just the FREE gifts)...because every bodies time is worth a whole lot more then any FREE GIFT they might entice you with.
    Keep Smiling and Enjoy