Shell Vacations Club / Shell Vacation RIP OFF

1 600 w Chicago Ave Suite 690 Chicago, IL 60610Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 312-753-7000

Hello guys Please JOIN my Facebook Group called. ..I bet i find 10, 000 People that hate Shell Vacations Time Share! It is time that People out there find out what a rip off and scam Shell Vacations is! Lets find all the people and join the board so the Internet itself will spread the word across the U.S and let the truth SHINE!

Here is the link to my group.

The Group is called
I BET I FIND 10, 000 People that HATE Shell Vacations Club Time Share!

Comments

• Do
      20th of Sep, 2008

My wife and I have experienced problems with Shell. We feel we were lied to and sucked into buying a timeshare. We purchased 4500 at the Legacy in AZ. First they sit you down and tell you how the cost of hotels will go up each year. Then they tell you how your timeshare is a "great investment." The cost will save you thousands over the years. They tell you the maintenance fees will never go up. The brochure we have even says the cost of your timeshare will never go up. The sell you on good investment. We are paying $340 for the loan and $76 for the fees each month. We are paying $8.60 a day in interest alone. In the next 10 years we will be paying $50, 000 to go on vacation 10 times, and that only covers the condo, not airfare etc. How is that a great investment? Then we were told that a condo is x amount of points based on the season (red, white, blue). When we booked out trip to Hawaii it was somehow "platinum season."

Another issue we have is that we were bribed into buying. "You buy now and we'll give you this, that, and another thing. One thing was a weekend in San Diego in their resort which is supposed to be on Yachts in the harbor. It ended up being a Non weekend stay at the Radisson in a poor neighborhood. The we were supposed to get 4 tickets in the suite for the AZ Diamondbacks. We got to will call to pick up the tickets and they weren't suite tickets. I called and they said that they overbooked the suite and would not compensate me.

I was told that their website would be updated were I could view points online and book things. They have not updated their website since we bought almost 2 years ago.

One last thing. They never return phone calls. I have mad 4 to them this past month and have not gotten a call back.

20th of Sep, 2008

Shell Vacations sales staff used questionable tactics and pressure tactics to try and sell an owner/time share. They talk of 5250 "points" as if they were dollars by subtracting the $679 management fee when in fact (their words) the points were convertible to $ at a 5 to 1 ratio that is 20 cents. Now my annual 5250 pts. $1050. Minus $679 management fee is worth $371 a year.

This for $23, 000 works out to 1.6%. If the value of the points stays at 20 cents and the maintenance does not rise. Who decides the value of the points? At 13 cents /point you earn 0%.

Put your money in a G.I.C. and go where you want when you want.

20th of Sep, 2008

IM ON IT!! Finally someone decided to unite all People THAT HATES SHELL VACATIONS CLUB! Seriously, what a rip off. Why people are so stupid to even think about purchasing more points! DO NOT PURCHASE MORE POINTS!

• Le
      30th of Sep, 2008

This company is the worst to deal with they don't explained anything to you and hook you with lies and more lies

• St
      6th of Dec, 2008

We filed a complaint with the IL BBB, we also sent a lengthy letter through email to shell about our complaint. Of course we haven't heard back from them, it's been over a week. Here's a list of email addresses I found on-line, maybe if we bombard them with emails we can get our money back. These are employees from the CEO to Human Resources. Good Luck!
    awang@svc-west.com
    dglickstein@ shellvacationsllc.com
    sjones@ shellvacationsllc.com

• Ga
      22nd of Dec, 2008

i dont know why your facebook group is gone. so any victim please join my communite forum at http://antishellvacation.com

8th of Jul, 2009

What exactly is your complaint?