Sheetz / accused of not paying for food.

1 Everett, PA, United States

I visited the Sheetz in Everett, PA about an hour ago. I ordered food from a kiosk then went to the counter and paid for my food ticket as well as my visiting fathers food ticket. I then went to get a free coffee, thank you by the way! I waited on my food and then when they called our numbers I picked both bags up and handed my fathers bag of two hotdogs to him and we proceeded to leave the store. Both bags had the PAID sticker on them. We were parked on the far side of the parking lot as they were busy. We made it to the car when we hear a lady yelling. We turned to look and an employee of Sheetz was yelling from the doors at us. We could not imagine why she was yelling at us asking us if we paid for our food. Once was not enough, she proceeded to yell across the busy lot if we actually paid for our food. I said of course I did. I got my elderly parents in the car and went back into the store with my receipt and paid stickers. The young man that checked me out knew that I had paid for two separate food orders. I told him that he was the one that checked me out and he nodded. Then the accusing lady said "we saw those people with you had a bag and we just have to check to make sure they paid for it." I said well, if they were with me and I paid for two food orders I would have to have two bags. Then I said that I did not appreciate how that was handled and the woman stated that they have to check when they don't know. I thought that if the food gets placed in the window that it had been paid for and she said not necessarily. They stated that they were all talking as I left and did not think that those people with me paid for their food. My parents are 77 years old and visiting from New Mexico thinking of moving to this area. That is a great way to make an impression! This is where I have an issue...I was yelled at all the way across the busy parking lot. I am from Everett and know a lot of people because I am the wife of a local pastor. It was busy and now I have to worry with who heard and saw that incident. She could have come quietly and quickly behind us, not holding the Sheetz door open and yelling at us to stop. I hope no one else has to be humiliated like that and I will think twice before ordering anything.
Thanks and have a blessed New Year!

Sh