ServiceMagic.Com / There is a big lawsuit against ServiceMagic

There is a big lawsuit against ServiceMagic for numerous criminal and civil violations due to overcharging contractors, unlawfully charging canceled accounts, creating false websites under the names of contracting companies, and more. They do no real screening of contractors, so customer experiences are fairly random from contractors, but when there are problems, Service Magic is rarely of any help, despite guarantees. We are not alone in having been massively overcharged by them with no recourse other than to take them to court.

Ha

Comments

24th of Jul, 2012

service magic does not abide by their own rules. They don't deserve having their name capitalized although they try to capitalize on unsuspecting people. . Stay away at all costs. I had to dispute charges on my account because they do not fulfill their end of the business. As a consumer, just look on the Internet for complaints. I have had my fill with their bogus billing as well. They deserve to be investigated for fraudulent business practices. Hopefully, the Attorney General will follow up in The State of Colorado. My mistake for not trusting my intuition on this one. Anyone that has to record you on the phone is probably going to try to use it against you. They don't operate ethically and should be prosecuted for fraud. That is how I feel and is based on my experience with them. I have better things to do then make up false accusations. The above statements are true, however one sided they are.