Serta Mattress Company / Sinkholes and sore backs from Serta mattress

I have 2nd $1300 pillow top serta king mattress within 1 year. Both formed sinkholes on both sides. Wake up with sore backs. What junk. I am going for my money back or exchange for a good old plain firm mattress. Probably will end up putting this out to the curb, and write it off as a loss. Where do we go from here after 2nd replacement... junk junk serta products stink just like the wet sheep on their products .this seems to be the standard complaint from many people who own this junk. Can’t wait to get rid of it real soon

Va

Comments

29th of Sep, 2008

I have a pillow top twin matress and have been complaining to the store about the sinkhole and she keeps measuring to see if it is 2" deep before they can do anything. It is over 1" with no one in it. I too have backaches from it. I paid about 800. for a twin and hate it. When I lay in it I sink a lot more than the 2" I am sick of calling the store and having her come up with her string and pulling it over the hole and saying its not 2" yet!! Help!!!e

• Di
      14th of Jan, 2009

I believe them because I have a Serta and paid 2400.00 and really trust the company because they had been here for as long as I have and I'm 49 yrs so I bought this mattress and for the 3rd time I complained and now they are going to charge me to come out. I told him no I will not pay a service charge when you told me I had 30 yrs warranty then you try to charge me for a service charge I don't think so that is your problem not mine its your mattress that didn't live up to the warranty and box that broke. I don't have children to jump on the bed and too old to jump on the bed so please someone tell me what I can do to fix this. I was going to buy 2 more sets of mattresses for my other two rooms but with there warranty and quality that won't happen. I guess I can make a complaint to the BBB.

• Di
      14th of Jan, 2009

I complain 3rd time and they came out now they are going to warranty it Thank God.

• Wa
      2nd of Feb, 2009

What is your Body Mass Index?
    a firm mattress is best for those that are heavier, and will prvide better support...a soft mattress will not provide the support.

• Ho
      17th of Oct, 2010

We have had the same sinkhole issue with our Serta since day 1 and it was a $2, 000+ mattress. Uncomfortable but the hole is only 1 inch and not 1.5 yet so we have to live with this. I don't believe sleeping on an uncomfortable mattress from day 1 is good customer service and we have had multiple conversations with the retailer and especially Serta. On the bright side, Serta is very apologetic that the mattress is uncomfortable!

Will never by another Serta.

• Ri
      16th of Jan, 2011

I paid $1900.oo plus total for whole bedroom suit of $5160.00 and the mattress sank the first night a little bit and after one year it just got worse, and kills my back in the morning, and when I get up me and my Wife can barely walk! we thought that we just had to get you'st to it! But thats not the case because we are sinking beeper and hurting worst and also I was not told that hevier people need firmer mattress's and I bought a medium firm mattress, so I need someone to call to discuss what can be done! 606-312-1814, my name is Richard Phillips. and I perchased my bed at Kemper Furniture in London, Ky.

• Ll
      19th of Feb, 2011

WARNING: Do not buy from these people. We purchased a King Sealy Posturepedic 60th Anniversary Edition for $1169.00 on Dec 28, 2010. After using this mattress for only a few nights we realized that it too has serious problems with body cavities. After a phone call to their sales dept we were told that this is a normal condition and not to worry. This IS NOT NORMAL, we are in our late 60's and this is the first time in all our lives we have had these problems with a mattress, such as back pains after sleeping on this mattress. After much discussion with the sales person I was told that the only remedy was a less padded model and that the price would be approx $400 less. Since they have a 100 night warranty I thought fine ship it to us, however she said they would not reimburse us the difference in cost. WTF?? PLEASE USE OUR BAD EXPERIENCE TO YOUR ADVANTAGE, STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE. Do not become a “I TOLD YOU SO” victim.
    Per Wikipedia:
    US Mattress has among the highest complaints in the industry, as it doesn't really permit refunds. As they rely on 3rd party delivery people, the quality & timeliness of the delivery can vary greatly.
    Also: http://www.dldewey.com/bed.htm