Select Comfort / Sleep Number Bed — this product should be taken off the market!
I have had a Queen size bed (dual chamber) for 8 months now and coincidentally I have had a lower back problem and my girlfriend has a recurring kink in her upper back (behind the left Scapula). As a Police Officer it has made a negative impact on my daily job (I feel as if I am 90 years old and my movement has slowed dramatically). I find myself contemplating to pay a Chiropractor to fix me or get some serious muscle relaxers. My girlfriend is an E.R. Nurse and her kink has been affecting her at work by slowing her down. On her off days she has to take a muscle relaxer and see a Chiropractor.
I have spoken to the company and all they are willing to do is either:
1) switch out the dual chamber for a single chamber (which will make the bed feel more like a water bed since every movement will be felt by both parties) or
2) switch out the air compressor. ( how does the air compressor affect us... I have no idea).
The customer service is really good while your bed is in the 30 day trial, after that, you have to convince them over the phone that your having problems.
Example: I just spent 42 minutes on the phone with a customer service rep about the above problem. She then says that she will switch out the chambers but, because I am past the 30 day trial she can not do anything more (which is the polite way of saying " sorry sucker").
I should have done more research, now I am out $3000 and can't sleep more than 4-5 hours at a time in it.
If anyone reads this before buying a Sleep Number Bed just remember the phrase "BUYER BEWARE".
More Select Comfort / Sleep Number Bed Complaints & Reviews
- Select Comfort / Sleep Number Bed - black mold 
- Select Comfort Sleep Number - outrageous cost of replacement part 
- Select Comfort / Sleep Number Bed - crap warranty 
- Sleep Number Bed - not what you expect! 
- Select Comfort Sleep Number Bed - misleading and hidden info on financing! 
- Select Comfort / Sleep Number Bed - poor product 
- Sleep Number Corporation - our son and our accounts got tangled together by sleep number and it has caused nothing but problems
- Select Comfort - poor service
- Select Comfort / Sleep Number Bed - poorly manufactured 
- Sleep Number Beds - select comfort garbage