Select Care Benefits Network / Overcharged

Select Care Benefits Network
After 4 months collecting enough data to satisfy new member requirements, SCBN informed me that not only did I have to have a membership to obtain one medication, but now my husband had to apply for his own membership to obtain the one medication of his we needed help with. And you guessed it...that required another $50 app fee and instead of $40 per month for two meds as originally required it would now be $30 each.

I requested help with 2 meds from day one, and no one ever told me about separate membership requirements...after numerous conversations with different reps for months! I refused to submit any more forms and requested cancellation and refund immediately. I was told I then had to send written confirmation I wanted to cancel.

The next thing I received was another generic letter informing me I had to meet detailed criteria to be 'allowed' to cancel and of course nothing about refunding. Upon calling for a supervisor was told they'd have to call me back (again). I wonder if he'll tell me his name is Brad or what is the other one??

After being screwed by previous employers out of unemployment, insurance and 401k benefits we are tired of being cheated out of money. This time I'm gonna fight to get our money back one way of another.

Select Care Benefits is an oxymoron. Select Care INDEED! CROOKS.

D  12th of May, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Dear anonymous,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. I have spent some time going over your case with our Advocate Team, and I think that you will find the resolution to meet your expectations.

When you signed up with us, you opened an account for assistance with two medications. However we were not told until much later that they were not both medications that you were on. Prescriptions are necessary for procuring these medications from the Patient Assistance Programs. All documents going out on your account must have your name on it and thereby your doctor would have to sign off on your husband’s prescription with your name on it, which would clearly not be legal. We assist all members with their medications individually as a result and that means both your spouse and yourself would need separate accounts. With both accounts your spouse and you will save hundreds if not thousands of dollars in the future on your medical needs.

We do regret the experience that you had when you were a member. We are certainly happy to offer you a free month of membership so that you can get the medication that you need. We are confident that in this time period of using your membership, you will not only receive your medications but also be very happy with our ability to assist you in receiving your medications. Please contact me at 512-406-5057 so that we can get you started.

Brad Williams