Seccion Amarilla / fraud,salary pending, deeceptive practices

1 Brownsville, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 956-792-4423

Salary always short with employee, I know I was top producers and never got paid on time, Bonuses were never paid on time! Also commisions were always delayed! plus we lied to customers about distributions numbers and we printed incorrectly!!! all the time!!

Comments

• Ga
      7th of Apr, 2009

i was employed there too and agree with mr garcia 100% they are deceptive and make fraudulant claims to their customers and established clients. From local management all the way to regional management pure fictitious claims. instead of dedicaring their efforts to selling ads in their directory, they including local sales executives and you know who you are..write a fiction novel, you would be good at that.

• Ru
      7th of Apr, 2009

I agree I worked there briefly for 1 month and their promise of good earnings, gas allowance, protected territories were all false. They are very unorganized EMPLOYYES THERE FIGHT FOR CLIENTS DO NOT RESPECT YOUR PROSPECTS UNPROFESSIONAL EMPLOYEES. pay was not what originally promised, commisions delayed, paychecks short, we did lie to customers about distribution numbers thats why I quit because they are scammers and frauds WATCH OUT!!! WARNING TO THOSE WHO LOCALLY WANT TO BE EMPLOYED THERE BEWARE!!! DO NOT APPLY WITH THIS COMPANY HOPEFULLY THEY WILL BE SHUT DOWN AND RUN OUT OF TOWN. I urged several clients to report them to the chamber of commerce and the better buisiness beurea for bad buisiness practices and fraud

• Ro
      11th of May, 2009

Esa es una actitud poco profesional toda empresa tiene politicas que seguir y calendario para cada suceso.
    Quizas no pregunto?

• Ro
      11th of May, 2009

yO TRABAJE ALLI PERO NUNCA PASO NADA DE LO QUE PONEN USTEDES, SI ES CIERTO QUE ESTABA UN POCO DESORGANIZADA LA COMPAÑIA PERO ERA POR QUE ESTABA EMPEZANDO.
    Y ESTAN ARDIDOS POR QUE NUNCA HAN PROSPERADO CREO QUE POR ESO LO HACEN, MENTIROSOS!!

• Am
      11th of May, 2009

Jorge, you were never top producer, I know because I used to work there! I got to see many of your contracts and they were filled out incorrectly; those customers that believed in you are now having to pay the consequences of your mistakes. Even though we didn't get along together I still always like you!

• Mm
      26th of May, 2009

Seccion Amarilla is a fairly good company to work for. The Company May not be a fortune 500 business yet but working here is what you make of it. You need to be a people person, a go getter and limit your complaints. Remember not everyone is cut out to be a professional business person. I do agree that there is much room for improvement, but it all starts with us the Account Executives. We must take pride and ownership of our work. We must not blame others for our mistakes and trust me, we have all done our share.
    My Career began about 3 moths ago and with in the last month all the seeds I have planted are now blooming.
    You must be patient and talk to as many people as you can and above all have a positve attitude.
    In our office we have our share of complainers and the group that is consistently coming in with there numbers. It is your choice where you want to be. Remember that the grass in never greener on the other side.
    Work hard, play hard and enjoy a good career IF you elect to, if not go complain elsewhere, because NO ONE CARES... You Can be replaced in a second in this economy... And having a job now adays is a blessing.
    Sacramento, California.

• Di
      31st of May, 2009

I've been with Seccion Amarilla for only 3 weeks. Although I did not make my quota the first 2 weeks, I did sell $8500.00 my third week, which averages out to a little over my $3000/wk. quota. However, I was written up 2 hours before I made a $6000 sale.

Also, I'm finding inconsistencies between what is written in the company handbook, and what is actually going on in the local office. Did I forget to mention that two accounts I was working on were taken away from me due to mismanagement. There are many accounts I could get with friends and family, but I will NEVER do it because I don't trust them to do it right!

Some of the valid concerns I have are that there was NO training. We were on the phones the second day, and I had my first appointment the 4th day and did sell. Another concern is that I'm doing renewals, and I've encountered the problems already with bad translations, no distribution, wrong headings, not sending proofs to clients.

1st of Jun, 2009

I worked in the brownsville office too although i never met amy or rodrigo was is written is true. lies lies and more lies mismanagment, no proofs, late commisions, short checks, misplaced contracts, employees fighting over contracts and clients, no training, no manager basically our office was being run by the Homosexual O.C. we had who couldnt even speak english correctly let alone spell his name right. pointless meetings wrong information company polocies changing weekly, quotas changing weekly. Rodrigo sounds like he was sucking someones pole in that office probably the Oc or vise versa

3rd of Jun, 2009

In tough times it is wise to hold on to the jobs you have...their is an exception to this rule called "Seccion Amarilla". Fraud, shady billing issues, a non-existing customer service, inept management and ad sold for books that never seem to be published. It's a shame that thay have taken a product with so much potential, yet fumbled by greed and the lack of vision. If you are approched by this company RUN!

Maria
    Los Angeles, California

3rd of Jun, 2009

To amy and rodrigo (since you won't give your real name, or state the fact you are one of those, whom all these complaints are about) maybe if you contact one of the many attorney's sueing you, you'll see that your silly efford to correct a wrong falls on deaf ears.

Attorney and victim of Seccion Amarilla
    Ethan Cohen 213/480-8844, he has copies of
    fradulent billing issues, altered contracts and contracts and monies collected for ads in books never published...all in black and white.

Maria
    Los Angeles, California

• Ra
      17th of Jun, 2009

Maria tu quizas ni existes para mencionar algo.
    No estoy de acuerdo en que la compañia sea la mejor pero si te digo que si no pudieron estar alli es por que ustedes no quisieron estar.

• Ra
      17th of Jun, 2009

jose ten cuidado por que lo escupas al aire siempre te cae en la cara.
    debes de estar perdido, esta tan avanzada la ciencia y tecnologia que tengamos personas todavia pensando en el razismo.
    eres una verguenza para la sociedad.

21st of Jun, 2009

Pobre Ramiro, estas tan mal informado o ciego a la realidad de que seccion amarilla, trajo a los estados unidos su actitude de abuso y extorcion. Negar en este caso que no existen problemas graves con los que governan los intereses de Carlos Slim es tu peor error. Concentrence en arreglar su imagen, que esta servidora no va a descansar hasta que no se haga justicia. Seccion Amarilla es un imagen Latino que affecta a los que si toman en cuenta los empliados y los clientes. SHAME ON YOU!!!

• Ke
      2nd of Aug, 2009

I worked in the Nashville market and allot of what they are saying are true.
    The hispanics will do what ever it takes to get a sale, they don't care about the American clients they sell to.
    Putting it in their own words "I have to feed my family" they just want the clients money. They constantly fight against anyone in the office other than the Hispanic race, they run the office and no one controls them,
    They constantly turn everything to their advantage, the upper Management has no idea what the reps are doing because they are constantly lied to. When any pressure is applied they lie and run to upper management saying they don't understand English or was never told when they get the same memos as everyone, they have a problem with any management unless you believe the lies and fall into the trap then they constantly run to that manager with lies to keep doing things their way.
    They have their own rules that they go by the Americans working in the company can't write the deals they
    let the Hispanics write and all Hispanics starting to work for the company are given accounts and help out so they can acheive the next level of pay and they constantly help them. They are rude and nasty
    to all Americans who work there. and the Corporate Company is no better they have no respect for Americans or the American clients they constantly write off accounts for the Hispanics, they let them put clients in for 3 years or more who have never paid any of their bills and most of them are Hispanics they know in the community, the ads are hardly ever correct, they never send proofs and write off for the Hispanics to make there quota. They have no respect for the American way of life they have no American business since and they make it as hard as possible on the Americans working for them. I have been in bookkeeping all my life and this
    Company only collects about 40 percent of what their books say. The Upper Management never takes clients out that have cancelled because their bonus is paid on the book total. Most of the Managemnt is Hispanic as well
    and all they care about is the money they are going to make they will promise a American client the moon and as soon as they get that contract and the check they forget about anything they have promissed the client, it takes at least 6 months to get any complaint listened to because Corp. will never call you back they know the
    loads of crap the Hispanics are feeding the customers.

• Da
      13th of Sep, 2009

I gave this company a full effort..even calling on my own...relationships I had built up in Little Rock over a 12 years period. I made the mistake of going down to the more hispanic areas of town.where I found that not a single hispanic person...ever even knew the book existed. We had a situation where just about everyone bought in 06 but by 07 less than 40% had renewed.and then the book they started selling in 07...couldn't get off the ground or delivered...for six months..and...the year was up in June..but now they are trying to sell a 2010 book..and...they say..it will come out...by 2010 but..the
    printing has been delayed and very few people...renew. the customers that had double trucks.will not even talk to you this year. (Not because I am such a poor salesman, but because the company can't seem to comprehend customer service. Their idea seems to be one of volume and percentages and if there is a mistake with a large customer or an influential customer..the management idea is ..just move on. It Atlanta they said..there are 30, 000 businesses in the Atlanta area..and...we could only possibly call on 7500 if we had all sales people.making maximum number of appointments.
    Their business plan seems to be one of...screw the salesman...but only do it..after you threaten him or her..and make sure..there are lots of unprofessional hollaring and screaming in the office first.
    Smile and Dial and hopefully like a broken clock..you will find someone who might buy who has not
    researched anything about the company. This is the current business model. When the trainer started talking about ROI and mathmatical equasions about Return on the dollar..using their phoney distribution numbers...I started to feel and see lightening starting to strike all around the HOTEL. This company is full of Pinochio's noses growing right through the windshield and way too many assumptions and false claims to sell yourself out to their lies for 150.00 a week..which was the average take home pay for most Little Rock employees. I was there 5 weeks..never saw a sale other than the one I made and...I doubt if he will pay either. If lieing is something you do well and have no conscious and you know nothing about media or distribution numbers or audits of distribution numbers then this is your job. Six figures is just around the corner. The bigger the liar..the better and faster you will be promoted. Go get em!

22nd of Jan, 2010

Anything said against Seccion Amarilla is going to be short of how bad this really is. As ex Sales Director in charge of the largest area in the country (West Coast) launching the first SAUSA book in the US (Los Angeles), I have seen things at all levels and in all areas, as no one can even start to comprehend.
    This company should be taken to court and put out of business, starting with Jonathan Blue in Louisville (KY) and his CEO, Juan Reffreger (a true piece of work), and everyone involved in their acts at their corporate offices in Miramar (FL). They are just common thieves operating from an office.
    If you are curious to see my entire report, look it up as Seccion Amarilla complaints is this site.
    Anyone needing a witness or information about this company is more than welcome to contact me.
    Martin Gondra - 877 924-2355. martinadeo@gmail.com.

22nd of Jan, 2010

And now Carlos Slim/Telmex has brought in a new line...a trac disposable cellphone. Check out their complaints...NET10 Wireless Complaints - Terrible customer service!, Net10 Complaints - Misinformation on prices...sound familar ?

• Up
      22nd of Mar, 2010

As a previous sales manager for Seccion Amarilla...I have filed an EEOC claim against them and received a "right to sue" after their investigation. The suit was filed in Federal Court and is pending a jury trial.

I'm curious to know if there are other lawsuits that have been filed, settled or pending against Seccion Amarilla in regards to wrongful termination, sexual harrassment, age/gender discrimination.

• Wh
      16th of Jun, 2010

"As the stomach turns "should be next epoisode for a soap opera. This company blatently lies to customers and employees. Its your basic pyramid scheme. The only ones making money are at the top of the pyramid. This company hires a group of idiot hoping to make a living and they sell for a while. then when they find out that their dream is nothing more than a nightmare, they quit or are let go. even management is being slighted.
    when all those emoployees who made sales are gone the company and CARLOS SLIM keep all the commissions in their pockets, waiting for the next group of "VICTIMS", and so on and so on.
    Its amazing this company is not on Nightline or 60 minutes discussing why they are going to prison for defrauding client and employees alike.
    If you are an officer of this company I suggest you hire a good lawyer so you dont spend too much time in prison for FRAUD and OTHER LABOR VIOLATIONS.
    WHAT A TWISTED COMPANY. Amazing what money can buy you huh Carlos slim!!!????

• Ho
      21st of Aug, 2010

I am a business owner and was SCREWED by this company! The Seccion Amarilla Rep submitted my contract after I specifically told him NOT to move forward about 2 days later after he told me I had 15 days to cancel. I was told everything was taken care of and no cancellation penalty would be billed. A few months later I get a bill for $1, 000. I immediately call and find out the Rep no longer works there. I explain to the customer service what happened and she told me to try and get a hold of that Rep somehow and get a verbal statement or writing from him. (*I though it was a stupid recommendation, but I was lucky enough to have met him in the past so I knew where he worked before) One month of traking him down I found him and placed him on a 3-way call wit the same customer service representative who told me to do so. The rep and customer service rep KNEW each other and said not a problem, it will be cancelled as long as we can get something in writing as well, so the rep agreed to come to my office and write a statement saying it was company error and should have been pulled from the start. Two months go by and I see the same bill of $1000 again and I get a phone call from a rude collector from Seccion Amarilla. I explained the situation and resubmitted everything to him and his Supervisor so they said they would review and take care of it. Well guess what, it's been almost ONE year and I just got that bill again! So now, I have submitted the original cancellation paperwork, verbal statement from the representative to the customer service rep whom both KNEW eachother, and a statement from the Rep saying it was Seccion Amarrilla's fault and should have been cancelled from the start.

@Maria, I'm going to call the Attorney who's information you've posted. I've done everything they've wanted plus more. I'm more upset at that rude collector who read over the notes on his screen from previous conversations with seccion amarrilla and then had the nerve to say, "Oh, I've seen you sing and cry the same old song in the past." And said, I should not have signed from the start. I told him it's in writing that you are allowed to cancel within 15 days, their very own contract states that. How dare he say that! I HATE this company. I don't recommend anyone using them for advertising. If you ask any other reputable marketing company they'll ALL share the shady/horror stories of what this company puts hard workers through. I think they're trash and the lowest of the low.