Sears / Craftsman / defective 4 ton floor jack
In august 2007 we purchased a craftsman 4 ton low profile service jack.In march 08 we returned the jack because it was leaking oil and would not hold the weight of a small car. The jack was replaced, but just this week (9/13/2008) , the replacement jack was also leaking and would not hold weight. Luckily the we had already placed jack stands under the car, otherwise it could have dropped onto my husband. So, being loyal craftsman/sears customers, we went back to sears expecting them to take care of the problem, since obviously it was a defective product. We were told that they would not return the product for a refund or replacement (Which we wouldn't want) because the 1 year warrenty was from the original purchase date of august of 2007. Now, we have had two jacks in 12 month and 3 weeks both of which have been defective. They didn't seem concerned that it was a safety issue either. We maintain our tools and have never had something like this occur. My recommendation is to not trust your life with a sears craftsman jack - which is what you do anytime you use a jack when working on a car. Not only can you not trust them to work, but you cannot trust sears to back up their products even when they are a danger to their customers. Shameful. After 30 years of shopping at sears for everything from tools, appliances, clothing, etc... It will be a cold day in hades when I walk in there again to spend a dime. I am so dissapointed that a trusted brand name has sunk to such a sad level of customer care.
More Sears / Craftsman Complaints & Reviews
- Sears / Craftsman Riding Lawnmower - lawn mower will just stop running 
- Sears / Craftsman Blower Vac - poor product and service! 
- Sears - Craftsman Weedeater - a true retail dinosaur, and rude to boot! 
- Sears - Hoffman Estates, Il / Craftsman Lawn Mower - very poorly made piece of equipment, terrible service! 
- Sears / Craftsman Chain Saw - defective product 
- Craftsman - 20v impact drill with charger and 2 batteries. brand new!!
- Craftsman - no repair parts available
- Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractor - lawn tractor
- Garage Door Opener - Craftsman - warranty issue
- Craftsman Tractor - craftsman tractor