Saxon MortgageScam charges

1 Review updated:

I called about the late charge and was told I was talking to the service dept. and could only fax in my complaint or mail it. I tried to fax it in but got only a busy signal for hours. Finally, I gave I gave up and mailed it in. I use e-time banking and sent the payment on 9/6 which is 11 days before it was due. This happened before. I'm think they just want to make money this way. I hate being suspicious but this is really ridiculous.

Why isn't this considered the service department's job and why can't I talk to a person?

Comments

• Tr
      Mar 30, 2008
    Saxon Mortgage - FDCPA/RESPA Violations
    Dallas
    Texas

The worst company. They will not follow the FDCPA. They donot return phone calls. They lie about options when wanting to do a loan mod. The loss mitigation people are uneducated. Unfriendly.Tactless. I am certain we will see them go down the tubes. I watied and negotiated with them for 20 days when i finally got an answer about a loan MOD ( they will not do it) I posted my home for sale. they refused to accept full payment contracts on the home. I am scheduled to foreclose on 4/1/08

•   May 19, 2008
    Saxon Mortgage - Beware
    www.saxonmortgage.com

My wife and I had a mortgage with Novastar which sold it to Saxon Mortgage the middle of last year. I tried to refinance out of our current ARM and was told by another mortgage company that Saxon had not reported out payments since January. It is now May. And that this had crashed my credit score. He said it was criminal and that I should seek legal help immediately. Upon reviewing all of the complaints against Saxon on this website, I'm asking is there a lawyer out here that could them for all of us.

Let's fight this!!

•   Jun 10, 2008
    Saxon Mortgage - False late payment
    www.saxonmortgage.com

Saxon Mortgage lost my payment in March of 2017, In April they refused payment stating I was 60 Days behind, what a mess this has been. I was refinancing and found that Saxon Reported that I was 30 60 and 90 day late. Credit score went from a 720 in December to a 520. Now I am unable to refinance this loan, my rate will adjust in a couple of months and then again every 6 months after that. If you are having similar problems with Saxon Mortgage please Contact your Senator, Congressman, State Attorney Generals Office and the FTC Website: www.ftc.gov (use the File a Complaint link)

Phone: 877-FTC-HELP [protected])

•   Jun 13, 2008
    Saxon Mortgage - It's a scam
    www.saxonmortgage.com

Saxon mortgage is a scam company that ruins peoples credit and loses no sleep handing out adjustable loans to young families that just want to raise there children and have no idea what they are getting into!!! Saxon executives need to help these families and intern will boost the integrity and stability of Saxon co. otherwise I urge these families to file suet and leave the keys in the mailbox!!! Saxon should put all these loans to fixed rates and help increase trust within this country or I fear for the executives for they will crash and burn in ***...

Jun 13, 2008

Does anyone have any contact emails for Saxon Mortgage? I am currently in a 160 day pending short sale and cannot get any reposnce from them. Any email at all will help, Thank you.

•   Jun 19, 2008
    Saxon Mortgage - They are screwing us also
    www.saxonmortgage.com

Are mortgage payment went thru the roof, we tried working something out with Saxon until we sold our house. They wanted nothing to do with us. Our house sold at auction to another mortgage company in august. Per Michigan’s law it states that we as the owners had 6months from the date of auction to redeem or sell our house. Which means we had until Feb. to do one or the other. We sold our house in oct. and now Saxon is reporting on our credit that we foreclosed. We have a folder full of closing paperwork for proof and there still saying we foreclosed.

•   Jun 25, 2008
    Saxon Mortgage - Fraudulent reporting to all credit bureaus
    www.saxonmortgage.com

Paid all mortgage payments on time. Approved in December 2017 for Sailors Act for May 2017 to September 2017. Saxon in December 2017 took out all our on time payments from May 2017 to December and reapplied payments at the Sailors Act for Military in Iraq 6% from May 2017 to December 2017. THEN REPORTED US DELINQUENT to credit bureaus over 180 days. This is fraud, ruined our credit so we cannot get refinanced. Now hiring a lawyer reported them to BBB, going to sue for fraud as we have payments from bank showing payments. IDIOTS WORKING THERE!!! Filing with FRCA, LAW Enforcements, Military, News Stations everything, this company should be shut down.

•   Jul 07, 2008
    Saxon Mortgage - Will not communicate
    www.saxonmortgage.com

I have been trying to negotiate a "short sale" with the 2 companies holding mortgages on my house. After 6 months, American Home Mortgage (which is in bankruptcy and seems to have virtually no employees. Takes up to 40 minutes on hold to speak with anyone) agreed to take a loss.

However, the second mortgage was held by Saxon Mortgage, and they will not respond to faxes, letters from my lawyer, emails or telephone calls. "Anthony" has been "away from his desk" since May, so the potential buyers have withdrawn their offer and the house will probably go to foreclosure.

Anybody who says "work out something with your bank" ought to know that the "banks" are paralyzed. Good luck!

Jul 08, 2008

Contrary to what some people have said on here, I am not trying to be one of those people I mentioned above. My company is a nationwide company that provides services for people that are at the end of their rope. One of the helpful things that we provide is letting you know, before payment for service, if we can assist you and if we can not. If we can not, we tell you why not and what can be done to allow our company to assist you. Most companies won't do that, but we will also give you the reasons why exactly so that, if you should choose a different service, they will not be able to scam you. Now that's a way of saving money too.

I take all that frustration away from you and create solutions that work. I know that it may be hard to swallow, but I do. I have done it for several people. And I can do it for you too. If you want more specifics or just want to talk to me, call my office at [protected] and check out the website, which is being updated with a few new options available. And this isn't just for people facing foreclosure, people that are current and want to pay off their home early, call me. I can and will help as many people as I am able to. What have you got to lose? Website address is http://www.onlybusiness.com/members/RealtyMediationService...and if not for you, best of luck. In all your endeavors.

•   Jul 09, 2008
    Saxon Mortgage - They took our money and now selling our home
    www.saxonmortgage.com

We fell a little behind in our mortgage payments due to medical bills so we contacted Saxson to explain the situation. The rep. we spoke to (Jefferson) via e-mail said they would work with us. We were told that everything was okay and that they received all our payments. Now we received a letter telling us from their lawyers that they are selling our house on the 23rd of July 2017. We cannot get anyone to call us or e-mail us back. We paid $2700 for a couple of months and then for the last couple of months they told us to pay $1700 a month. How can they do this?

•   Jul 09, 2008
    Saxon Mortgage - Run-around and no return phone calls
    www.saxonmortgage.com

I've made about 30 dozen of calls over to Saxon Mortgage to get information on my modification. I've asked to speak with management, however; no one seems knowledge enough to know who this is. My loan has been in modification scene the March and still no resolution. I contacted Saxon today and found out that (James Bass) is no longer handling my modification. It has been reassigned to someone else!!! This company really is a scam. Honestly speaking, I'm coming to the conclusion that Novastar was better!!! This company is horrible, full of scams, and BS lies!

•   Jul 10, 2008
    Saxon Mortgage - Will not return calls
    www.saxonmortgage.com

I have been trying to negotiate a short sale, SAXON is the second lien holder. Been leaving messages, e-mails but none was returned. Sometimes I get lucky if I call at night Senora Johnson "the negotiator" will answer but after she get all the information she will put me on hold and never answer back. I think that kind of behaviour is unacceptable and very unprofessional. She has an attitude and is very rude. She won't even give me chance to talk, she gets mad. I don't think they should be in this business. What kind of "Customer Service" is that?!

•   Jul 11, 2008
    Saxon Mortgage - Lying thieves
    www.saxonmortgage.com

We did everything they asked, we can help they said, all it did was give us less time to try other avenues. Thanks to Saxon Mortgage our American dream will be auctioned off Sep-19-08. Their phone is always busy. One of their legs to stand on is we would not reply to their calls, Well their calls are automated after 6:00 Pm and you couldn’t call them if you wanted to, As far as I’m concerned they are a bunch of liars and thieves and hopefully someday something like this will happen to them. We actually had one piece of trash that did answer the phone somewhere in the conversation tell us he would never let his house go into foreclosure. (Like we planned this) I hope they all rot in ***

Jul 11, 2008

I am also having the same problem with Saxon Mtg. and now I am scared to death they are going to foreclose on the home I built myself 30 years ago. I had to take a mtg. because of severe illness and have gotten this terrible company. They also lost a payment, now say I am behind and cannot contact them. This is an absolute nightmare. Ready to hang myself. Yes, please contact your congressman, state att. general, senator and complain about this low life company.

• Da
      Jul 12, 2008

I have done many short sales and currently I am dealing with Saxon and it has by far been the worst thing ever! The offer was made in early Feb. The file has to this day been assigned to 3 different people in the work out department. It has had 2 different apprasials done on it because they say that the first one was never done. I told them that they already sent out an appraiser and she argued with me and said they didn't. I told her yes they did because I personally met him out there myself! They are sooo unorganized and scattered, full voice mails, no returns calls and their negotiators they are bringing in clearly have no experience and don't know what they are doing. Sp now we are down to the wire and they have agreed to release and after all of my work they are trying to cut my commisson to 4%! No way am I gonna do it for that amount! She said I was told in the beginning that's what Saxon will pay. I would have NEVER worked this to begin with if she had indeed told me that, besides she wasn't even initially the one assigned to the file. They are liers and theives! I am fighting for my commission and we'll see where it goes. I will never work with Saxon again!

•   Jul 15, 2008
    Saxon Mortgage - Stay away
    saxonmortgage.com

Saxon took over my refi from Bank one after 3 payments. From the beginning I sent extra payments every month to be applied to the Escrow account because I knew from experience that lenders are often way behind on making adjustments for increasing taxes.

Without any notice Saxon reversed 15-months of excess escrow payments, applied them to principle, and then sent an 'Escrow Disclosure Statement' indicating that I was $2600+ deficient on the Escrow Account, then requiring nearly $260 increase on my monthly payment for the coming year. After 4 separate follow-up requests to have the corrections made and a new payment figure calculated, I was told to fax a 5th request to the 'Customer Relations Department' and not to send a payment yet as that would cause additional correcting.

The response from 'Customer Relations' is that they will not go back more than 30 days to re-apply payments. A month earlier it was OK for them to go back 15-months to screw it up in the first place.

They now refuse to leave messages on my recording device. I told them that I would only speak to them if I was able to record the conversation. That appears to bother them tremendously. Seeing the other complaints on this website makes me understand why. Their reputation precedes them ... and also tails them. I guess they don't want an audio record of their lies floating about.

Jul 20, 2008

In June of 2017 I had contacted Saxon mortgage to inform them that my husband had lost his job. I was told that because the loan had just had been transfered to them that there was nothing they could do. By July we we fell behind two months on our mortgage payments. Again I contacted them and was told the same thing. In August we contacted an agency that helped in short sales. We put the house on the market after they received notification from Saxon that they would accept a short sale. By September the house had not yet sold, so the agency contacted Saxon to agree on dropping the price. The agency we were dealing with informed us that Saxon was no longer communicating with them. By late September we received our first notice from Saxon that the house was in pre-foreclosure. We later received a notice to vacate the property. In early October we received an offer on the house. The agency we were working with made several attempts to contact Saxon with no success. By mid-October we received a notice that the house had been auctioned off. The sale price was less than what the short sale buyer had offered. In the end we lost our home and our credit was further damaged. Saxon made no effort to work with us.

Jul 20, 2008

I can relate to your experience. My husband lost his job in 2017. We contacted them to inform them of our situation and that it would be impossible to pay our regular monthly mortgage payment due to our reduced income. They were unwilling to work with us because it had not been a full years since our mortgage had been transfered to them. By September we received notice of pre-foreclosure, then in October we received a letter from their attorney that our house had been sold at auction on October 24, 2017. They no effort to work with us. We were never given a chance to work something out or sell the house.

• Ki
      Jul 21, 2008

SAXON Mortgage is criminal. They would not refinance my husband and I therefore his credit score dropped and now they refuse to mofify this INTEREST ONLY MORTGAGE and we are forced to sell the house. They call 5 + times a day. I tell them I have sumitted a hardship package twice and they can never find it. They insist we pay in full and will not listen to our pleas for help. I had one representative tell me "go to the Salvation Army for food, then you can pay your mortgage" SERIOUSLY? We are hard working proud people and now are working three jobs to pay. The house (the one by husband built for our retirement) is on the market. No one will help or even listen at SAXON. HELP!!

• Ki
      Jul 21, 2008

They never ever will. We were treated so badly, after 50 calls and 17 letters that we were finally told, "SAXON WILL NEVER HELP YOU unless you go into Foreclosusre and THEN IT Is not a given". We were told they are staffed by bill collectors and that they have idea how to help customers unless you want to pay a bill. I was treated so badly on numerous occaisions that I broke out in hives and I am a pretty strong person. VERY VERY HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. The house is on the market and I will make sure that everyone knows about SAXON.

Jul 24, 2008

I've done a lot of research and have filed complaints with the Federal Trade Commission, Attorney General's Office of Texas and Fort Worth Better Business Bureau. Here are links to make it easier for you. Someone needs to hold them accountable for their lack of communication and action. Good luck!

Aug 09, 2008

WEALSO HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT TROUBLE WITH SAXON FROM DAY 1 THEY BOUGHT OUR MORTGAGE FROMANOTHER COMPANY AND CLAIMED WE WERE BEHIND3 MONTHS THEY NEVER GOT THE FUNDS TRANSFERED TO THEM ALONG WITH OUR PROPERTY INS INFO THAT WE HAD TO HAVE AT CLOSING RIGHT NOW THEY ARE CLAMING WE AREBEHIND 6, 000 DOLLARSWE SENT THEM OVER 5000 IN APRIL TO GET CAUGHT UP GUESS WHAT THEY HAVE NO RECORD OF THAT PAYMENT WAS DONE IN CASHIERS CHEKS i HAVE AS PROOF ANDWENT TO BANK TO SEE WHO CASHEDTHEM THEY EVEN WENTINTO OUR CHECKING ACCT ANTOOKALMOST3000 DOLLARS THEY CLAIMED THEY HAD OUR PERMISSION ON TAPE BUTTHE DAY i WASSUPPOSE TO HAVE GIVEN PERMISSION i WAS IN THE HOSP RECOVERING FROM BRAIN SURGERYDUETO THE TUMORS THAT WERE REMOVED GOT THE 3000 DOLLARS BACK AFTER OUR BANK FILED A DISPUTE WITH SAXON SUPPOSE TO HAVE LESS STRESS TO GET BETTER BUT SAXON JUST DOESEN'T GET IT LAWSUIT ANYONE PLEASE LET US KNOW!!!

Aug 12, 2008

Saxon did the same to us - Novastar sold our mortgage to Saxon and they never reported our payments to the credit bureaus. Then we go to refi or get another mortgage (if we can sell) and see that they kept our Nova Star and Saxon mortgages as active and it looks like we have double the amount in loans on credit report. I have called and called, faxed them and and still no satisfaction. I'm ready to get an attorney myself.

•   Sep 18, 2008

We too have been trying to modify our mortgage with Saxon since May of 07 to no avail. We had asked that they refil or modify our loan to a fixed loan. No one will help us. Now we are in foreclosure and trying to short sale. If anyone is starting a suit against them I would like to join in. We are victims of mortgage fraud and even though we have notified them and have tried to fix our financial situation - they refuse to modify our mortgage even though these new bills were passed for just that reason. Please notify me of any litigation I can join in on. This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Li
      Sep 27, 2008

WE ARE IN THE SAME PREDICAMENT WITH SAXON. CONTACT THE FEDERAL TRADES COMMISION (WWW.FTC.COM) FILE A COMPLAINT . THEY ARE IN SO MANY VIOLATIONS AND IF WE UNITE WE WILL GET SOMTHING DONE ABOUT THESE CORRUPT CROOKS.

• Li
      Sep 27, 2008

CONTACT THE FEDERAL TRADES COMMISION (WWW.FTC.COM) FILE A COMPLAINT, WE ARE IN THE SAME SITUATION AND IF WE UNITE AS HOMEOWNERS THEY WILL ACT UPON THIS. THEY ARE IN VIOLATION OF SO MANY LAWS. STAND UP AND DON'T LET THEM RUIN YOU OR YOUR FAMILIES LIVES. SHARE THE WORD

• Ka
    Saxon Mortgage - Not dealing with issues fairly
    Saxon Mortgage

1. While our Mortgage Company was changing to Saxon they did not notify us, when we sent the payment in, they said they never got and tact on late fees, took many phone call to correct the problem and even more to take the late fees off the account.

2. We started having some finacial problems, my husband lost his job, we communicated to Saxon about financial issues a 1 1/2 ago, filled out the forms so they could review our case, they just procrasinate, sent us papers put us in forclosure, tack on fees, we hired a Company to help get us out of Forclosure.
    The company did get us out but now they want the little money that we have in escrow and then what to raise our payment to 12, 000 a month plus raise the interest rate to 8.8%.

3. We were told that all the mortgage companies our willing to negoiate the rate now with the homeowners, but not Saxon.
    Our house is worth less than our debt. We are are considering a short sale. This experience with Saxon has been frustrated nightmare.

•   Oct 07, 2008
    Saxon Mortgage - Awful everything
    saxonmortgage.com

I obtained my mortgage with Saxon through Presidential Mortgage of R.I., brokers who apparently have gone out of business. I was promised, in writing, to be able to refi my ARM (6% margin) with the same company in two years with no closing costs. I otherwise would not have signed with these terms. All my payments were made on time. I called Saxon in June, after I was unable to reach the broker, to refi and they said they no longer will honor that. I was shuffled over to Champion mortgage(Nation Star) by Saxon and had to pay $7, 000 in closing costs. I didn't think I had any choice.

I needed to call Nation Star after my 1st month payment and there were similarities in the way they treat there clients so I wondered if Saxon changed there name or were affiliated? Any similar experience, advise or insight?

•   Oct 09, 2008
    Saxon Mortgage - Awful service
    saxonmortgage.com

I have been trying to save my house for a year and saxon never receives any of my faxes. funny how we miss 3 payment we lose our home yet saxon can continue to say try again we did not receive your package over and over again. We the hard middle class people our constantly losing. Buy the time Saxon receives the packages they claim never to get my home will be auctioned to highest bid, after I have been making monthly payments for years until now that I lost my job for 2 months and got behind. Government must help.

•   Oct 15, 2008
    Saxon Mortgage - Awful company
    saxononline.com

Will not take my payments, trying to foreclose on me, will not talk to me, they just lie about everything. I think they needed to go away. They made it sound so good at the beginning. they will help me get a new start in my life. Own my home no more rent. They lied. I break my butt everyday trying to make ends meet. Now my payments are doubled why because saxon *** please tell everyone about them. I do not want anyone else going through this crap.

Their cost are so far out there, charging an arm and a leg.

• De
      Oct 31, 2008
    Saxon Mortgage - MORTGAGE PAYMENTS
    Baltimore
    Maryland

MY HUSBAND & I HAD A LOAN WITH THEM ABOUT 9 MONTHS, WE HAD A HARDSHIP BECAUSE MY HUSBAND JOB HAD REDUCED HIS HOURS DUE TO LACK OF WORK. THEY DID NOT OFFER TO HELP US ANY WAY AT ALL. MY DAUGHTER'S COMPANY OFFERED A REPAYMENT PLAN BUT ALL THEY TOLD US WAS TO SELL OUR HOUSE SO THAT WE COULD PAY THEM.
    WHEN OUR PAYMENT WAS LATE PAST THE 15 DAYS, THEY CALLED US EVERYDAY. WE TOLD THEM THAT HTEY WOULD GET THE PAYMENT BY THE END OF THE MONTH. THEY WERE THE WORST MORTGAGE COMPAY THAT WE HAVE DEALTH WITH IN 30 YEARS. THE REPS ARE NOT COURTEOUS AT ALL.
    NEVER DEAL WITH SAXON MORTGAGE. THEY ARE A NIGHTMARE.

• Is
      Nov 10, 2008

I do believe on the complaints i read. why dont they screen employee that has higher IQ and can work with their heart. its just they are just there 8hrs a day pay. But to work and help assist the company and rescue people that wants to sell and rescue their homes. I hope that the President of the company will look at all this.