Save On Resorts / Unauthorized charge scam

1 67 Flanders Drive - Suite 220, San Diego, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 858-625-0630

I tried to book 2 separate vacation packages through Save on Resorts. They advertized them for $399.00 per couple. After I gave them a credit card, they came back and told me that they could not book us (2 separate couples) for that price. They said that they could book one couple for $399.00 and the second couple would be well over $ 1, 200.00

I told them to forget about it.

About a week later they made an un-authorized charge to the credit card I provided them for $89.00

When I contacted them, they told me that it was a cancellation fee. When I explained that I never had a reservation because they could not accommodate 2 couples at the advertized price, the agent told me that I needed to speak with the manager (Diane) to resolve the issue.

For several days I tried to reach Diane and left several messages for her to call me back. She never did.

Finally I got to speak with Jerry who claimed to also be a manager.

He was pretty rude and refused to refund the fee, exclaiming that I cancelled my vacation. I explained that I was never booked and did not receive any final confirmations.

Regardless, he insisted that I did and refused to provide a refund. After I told him that I would contact the BBB and post online about their practices, Jerry hung up on me.

Ig

Comments

• Wi
      17th of Feb, 2016

We were caught up in the same scam. This week however, we were contacted by an agent from Transfer Wizards LLC that says they are looking into the scam from this company and can get some or all of our money back. Their charge is 45% of what they recover. So, if we could get back 55% of what we paid in, at least that would be something, right? I am leery of this company however. I can't find anything about it anywhere. My fear is that somehow they would get our credit card credited, at which time we have 5 days to send them their 45%, then that credit would be revoked somehow. Not exactly sure how it might work but I sense another scam. Has anybody dealt with this?