Sars / Incompetence and non willingness to help

Went to sars umtata on the 24th of december to submit my banking details and to ask them to process my 2004 assessment as I could not get a refund because it needed to be done by my branch. All was well and the person who attedend me was very helpful, but they could'nt process my 2004 assessment because they needed and irp5 and the guy gave me all the details, and I contacted the company concerned who were unable to help because the company was under new management and there were no records. Called sars-umtata and explained the matter to them because someway or another they have dealt with scenarios like mine before and the lady who attended me said he does not know what to do and could not give me anyone who can help. I am sitting with this problem now because I will not get my refund because of the irp5 that I knew nothing about and was not even aware of the fact that 711-friendly grocer submitted an irp5 to sars as they ' paid me ' a lump sum of money. I don't know where this country's going.

Ji

Comments

• Ba
      14th of Dec, 2010

SARS tends to be incompetant regarding service to the public. I've submitted my 2006 and 2007 Tax years in one packet four times by hand to SARS and yet they have the audasity to email me in 2010 stating that my 2006 tax year returns are still due. How can they be due if they were submitted similtanuously?

• Rm
      31st of Jul, 2014

It is so funny that when you do your SARS they tell you on E-Filling it is so fast and hassle free but when you get audited three times in a row out of four times you done it on E-Filling then it tells me that there are something wrong with their system or they do not like you and are trying to make life difficult for you
    So yes I feel I am being victimise by SARS as I have been audited three time...s in a row for what, to get back a thousand or two were there are people that does there E-Filling and get back fifteen thousand and more and they do not get Audited. That does not make sense to me now I asked the question what makes them audit me and not the one that gets ten times more back from SARS.
    Is there someone who sits there and decide I don’t like this persons so let’s audit him or are it a system error that no one asked about, well I think it is time we start asking why this is happening and not just accept that this is how it should be.
    We as the nation is going blind through our lives in the sense of we would rather accept what is happening to us then try and change it, we need to take control of the situations and try to change them not for us but for our children so that they do not fall in the same way we do and just accept what they are tolled but question it and find out why and how can it be changed