Samsung LCD 32& HDTV / major tv problems!

We paid $1200.00 for this tv at the end of december 2006. The screen went completely black the beginning of june 2007. Called for service, it was a week before anyone could come out to look at it. Once the repairman was here, he said the tv was having major problems and would have to go back to his shop for repair. Three weeks later the repairman said he was still waiting for a decision from samsung on whether the part needed was available. At that point the repairman filed a report with samsung saying that the tv should be replaced. I called samsung after giving them the required amount of time they requested to review the report (5 days) , and the executive customer service representative actually had the nerve to tell me, 'well, the part they want to replace is expensive, so our technical people have asked them to try some other fixes. " I reminded him that I had already paid for that part already, along with the rest of the television, and that the repairman had already told me that the set could not be repaired because the part was unavailable. He then agreed to forward the case to the exchange department. Now, seven weeks later, I have to wait for someone to call me and offer to send me the same model, or possibly a 2007 model. When I asked about a refund he was quick to tell me that samsung would not issue a refund, however I could try to get one from the store from which I had purchased the set, even though they are under no obligation to do so.

A  12th of Oct, 2007 by
I have the same problem with a Samsung LCD TV, 23"; the screen suddenly went blank. Samsung accepts the TV is within the one-year warranty, but they've had the TV for 6 weeks with no sign of repair in sight. If I call, they say they're "waiting for parts!" Good grief, I could've had parts sent from Korea or Japan ten times by now!!!

I've filed complaints with the BBB, Samsung's head office, their repair center, and the county consumer complaints board.

I have a 32" Samsung in addition, so I'll worried that one could fail too. In fact, I really would've liked to buy another Samsung TV, but under the circumstances, I'd better look at other manufacturers. Other firms couldn't possibly be worse, could they???
A  3rd of Sep, 2008 by
I have a 46" LCD 1080p and after only 14 months of purchase I am also getting a black screen. Consumers beware!!! I thought I had a good quality product with an outstanding picture. Sounds like this is a common problem for Samsung and I will no longer purchase Samsung or recommend it. These TVs are very expensive and seem to have a one year lifespan.
A  3rd of Jun, 2009 by
I and 100's of others have experienced the same problem. I have a 3 year old 40" Samsung LCD and about two days ago the picture is gone and you can only hear the sound. Of course my warranty ran out 25 days ago. I am not paying any repair fees after paying $3000.00 for this piece of junk. I have paid enough. These Samsung products are defective and we need to organize a class action lawsuit against Samsung. I am contacting other people with a similar problem. Please email me at kollar@optonline.net so we can proceed to organize something. We can't let this one slip by. These products are defective.
N  6th of Jun, 2009 by
Oh my... Ours is having the same problem too! And it has only been a year since we purchased it! The screen goes totally blank 2 seconds after you turn it on. All the while we thought it was only caused by untimely power fluctuations, but seems like most people are also experiencing the same problems with this product.

What hurts the most is, we got it for about 5000USD considering the USD1=PHP50++ currency exchange that time. Tsss!
A  23rd of Jun, 2009 by
I'm having the same exact issue and upon doing some research it seems this is not linked to a specific Samsung model. There seems to be quite a large community of people having the same issue and they've even come up with a solution to replace the t-con board. I'm going to attempt to do this, but my worry is that 18 months down the road I'm going to go through the same issue. The worse part is that after I bought my tv, I recommended Samsung to family and friends and they too purchased Samsung products (Televisions, pc monitors, etc...) I'm not looking forward to the day when/if their component fails like mine. I paid way too much money to use this tv as a radio...
A  25th of Jun, 2009 by
I am having the same problem. Turning it off and on again several times seems to help...for now! I really don't know what to do. I will look into the T-Con board as suggested.
A  17th of Sep, 2009 by
I Also Have the same problem with a 52" LCD Model. It would come on with a blank screen, then shut off after 30 seconds, wait 5 seconds, and then turn back on continuously unless unplugged from the wall. The TV is only 8 Months old and still under full warranty. When I called Samsung, they informed me that they needed to replace the power supply board but even though i had registered the TV with them when i bought it, i would have to prove it with my original receipt from Best Buy. After this, they could not even give me an estimate on when they could send someone to my home to fix the problem, stating it could be anywhere between a few weeks to a few months because they were busy. lucky Best Buy Geek Squad was willing to take care of the situations with no questions asked.
A  29th of Nov, 2009 by
I also have the same problem with my 40" that i bought last year and can't get anything done...all i'm hearing is your warranty is up
N  5th of Jun, 2010 by
I will never buy another Samsung product!!! I bought a LN-T3253H tv for $996.12 on Feb. 8th of 2008 & on June 1st of 2010 we lost our picture. We have great sound but no picture! I have been in contact with Samsung, the store we purchased the tv from & I have been told to contact a service center for futher assistance. Now comes the good part: If I bring it into the service center the Min. Charge is $50. to look at it!!! If they come to my house the min. charge would be $90. AND IT GETS BETTER!! According to the repair center it is probably going to be a $300 to $500 item plus labor (just to let me know in advance) so with todays technology it might be better to just purchase a new tv...???? What the f...
I just bought a new tv 2 yrs ago!!! And I went for the more expensive Samsung name with the reassurance that I was getting a better product that some of the "No Name" tv's on the market...Last I checked a 2yr old tv was a fairly new tv!! I will be airing a video on you-tube hoping to show people what to expect if they purchase a Samsung tv & then have a problem!
N  9th of Jul, 2010 by
I brought a 46 LCD Samsung and it is junk. I reported the problem to the warrant department and they said I might have it hook up wrong or it might be the cable. While I have a Sony in my Bedroom and it works great. My Samsung take 10 to 15 minutes to warm up and when it finally comes on there red spots all over the screen. You have to turn it off and on again several times for the spots to go away. I paid to much money for this junk. Something needs to be done
A  20th of Jul, 2010 by
I also bought a 46' Samsung LCD t.v. 2 years ago and now it won't turn on...when it does, it takes like 5 hours to come on. Once it's shut off, it won't turn on again. I've talked to Samsung and they said they will send a service man out at no charge ONLY if there is a certain defect in THEIR PRODUCT. If it's another defect in THEIR PRODUCT they will automatically charge me for the service call and the part to fix it.
If you want to put a stop to this company selling products that break within a couple years please contact this law firm and lets join a class action lawsuit against Samsung.
Wenjie Cai
Case Clerk
Lieff, Cabraser, Heimann & Bernstein, LLP
275 Battery Street, 29th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111-3339
Telephone: (415) 956-1000x2215
Fax: (415) 956-1008

The only way to get Samsung's attention is by emptying their pockets!! Which are deep with OUR money!
A  21st of Oct, 2010 by
I also own a 2008 32" samsung LCD tv that also suddenly won't turn on. The power light is lit but that is all my new tv does. I thought I had purchased a quality product from Samsung, well, all I did was pay the price of one. I am all in on making them pay for selling junk tv's (as if they didn't know!)
A  4th of Dec, 2010 by
I have a two year old Samsung 37 inch lcd television for which I paid $1000. After about an hour and a half or two hours of playing, the screen goes blank with the backlight going off. I communicated with Samsung twice and they told me to call for service. The service people have told me the only thing they can do is change out the display panel which will cost more than a new television. After paying an expert from Answers. com for their recommendations, I have changed out the power supply board and the inverter board and the symptoms remain the same. I cannot believe that Consumers reports still recommend Samsung as one of the best televisions on the market, when I find so many people with relatively new sets failing every day. I personally will never buy another Samsung product and will tell everyone I meet to avoid them.
N  21st of Feb, 2011 by
I purchased a samsung 32" LCD tv nearly 2 years ago. Was functioning fine until, the picture would start to blink continuosly. Sometimes it would stop and picture woud be normal for viewing, but now picture will autoblink continuosly and I would need to shut it off. My no name 23' TV bought 7 yrs ago is running strong in the bedroom verse this supposed marvel of Korean technology. Of course it'll cost more to repair the issue. It just places the consumer in a no win situation, when Samsung does not deliver a satisfactory solution and stand by its product. The customer should not bear any cost to manufacturer defect, and Samsung should realize the detrimental harm in te multitudes of unsatisfied customers no longer interested in their unreliable products. This is why we pay a premium for SONY, they're products last for 10 yrs +. Their brand has a reliable reputation. I'm very disappointed in Samsung, and will no longer support them.
John, from Pennsylvania
A  27th of Feb, 2011 by
I also purchased a samsung 32" LCD about two years ago. The one speaker went out within a couple month but now my screen is black. Every time I turn it on it it blinks 3 times (2 sec intervals) with the picture and then becomes black, only the sound working. No insurance to get it fixed. Top_dogg06@yahoo.com
N  28th of Feb, 2011 by
I purchased my 46 inch LCD 3D TV about 6 months ago. Mine had the exact same problem with the screen. It went black and sometime not even that. It was still under warranty when I put in a service request to have it fixed. It took about a week for the part to come in and the service rep to come out to fix. It then worked fine for almost a month, when bam, same dam thing happened again. I will be calling again to have it fixed for a second time. I can't believe Samsung is selling this piece of sh1t on the market. Will def never buy another Samsung TV ever again. Buyer beware!
N  26th of Apr, 2011 by
Good luck to you.
My new Samsung 3D plasma TV die after 42 days. I have been waiting for service since Dec 3, 2010 - 145 days ago. The "Service Call Center" is useless & lied constantly.
On April 1st (day 120), someone from Samsung Electronics Canada called to offer me a Service Exchange. After another 25 days, nothing happens. She will not response to my phone messages & emails. Calling to the "Service Call Center" results in another 30+ minutes of lies. The person even told me they will have a NEW unit ship to me in 2 days.
However, we are supposed to get a "RA Credit" issued to FutureShop to do an exchange locally. So many times they told us something are coming in 3 weeks, then they changed the story so I need to call the "Service Call Center" again. My service ticket: 4100774094
Can you imagine 145 days without a TV, after you paid for it. I wish you luck.
We as consumers have to come together to protect our rights.

Samsung Electronics Logo Samsung Electronics