Salvation Army / cashier

1 5554 Harry Hines Blvd at InwoodDallas, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 2148820314

I went into the store about 3 weeks ago, and was looking at some of the antiques. Their was a worker setting up items up on a shelf. They caught my attention so I wanted to buy some items. When it was time to pay I put all of my items on the counter, I had chose out 3 porcelain figures and each one of them were priced at $5 I had also chose a pair of pants for $3.99. When she saw the items she scratched the price off In front of me and told me that the porcelain figures were not $5 but $15 if I wanted them. She also changed the price of the pants and told me that she couldn't give me the pants because they were expensive brand. I did not understand why they were out on sale if they were not on sale or why she would have a certain price on an item and then change it in front of my face. I believe this is not right, and I decided to not end up buying anything. I would like for you to take this in custom, because this may be a discrimination knowing that she was a different race than I am.

Je
Jun 11, 2015

Comments

Re
  12th of Jun, 2015

For heaven's sake quit playing the race card. As soon as you did that it took credibility away from your complaint. The people that work in the back of thrift stores don't always know the value of the items that they are marking. Several years ago I was in a local thrift store and when I went to pay for the items that I had picked out, one of the employees from the back room brought out a small bud vase and set it on the counter by the cash register. It was marked $10.00 and I was all set to buy it for that price, because it looked like it could be an antique/collectable. That being said, before deciding to buy it I picked it up and really looked it over, including the bottom, and decided it was nothing but a cheap imitation, and at the most was probably worth no more than $1.00. I decided I didn't want it and wouldn't have even dreamed of arguing about the price. Too me it wasn't worth even $1.00. There is a very good possibility that the items you thought you were going to get for $5.00 each, were under priced, by a person in the back room. I have also worked in the back room of a thrift store, and there were certain items that we had to consult with the manager about the price of the items. Usually the manager and I agreed within a few cents. Most of the other volunteers were way off on their pricing ideas.