Salute Credit Card / Cancel and Fees
I too recieved noticed of the cancelation of my card but was explained the bank was not actually offering that service, In other words, the bank might be out of business. However, i was credited part of my initial start up fees so you might want to check on that. My complaint is that we are still being charged a card service fee as long as we have a balance on our account even though there are no more services we can get. So we if your account was closed with a high balance your fees could add up.
However now they are sending out settlement letters all open accounts. I am in the mortgage business and was assured up front, the closing of an open account would not hurt my credit. However I strongly advise each one to keep all letters and records to show you were at no fault. Each agency reports differently and you much protect your credit yourself. You can get a free report annually.
When you are ready to make a major purchase make sure you are ready to explain this closed account. Transunion reports differently than the other two agencies.
I did call, i up set all the foreign speaking customer service staff and even the manager and i assured him that before this was over, there would be enough customers upset about this besides me to start a class action suite against the bank.
So i guess we will see. I hope some of this information has been helpful for you.
More Salute Credit Card Complaints & Reviews
- Salute Credit Card - Cancelling Service 
- Salute Credit Card - i was wrongfully charged for this id theft protection and would like the money you took from my account 
- Salute Credit Card - fraud and dishonesty 
- Salute Credit Card - Cancelling Card issues 
- Salute Credit Card - Fees
- Salute Credit Card - fraud 
- Salute Credit Card - Untheical Practices 
- Salute Credit Card - Cancelling cards without notice 
- Salute Credit Card - BILLING ERRORS