Sally Beauty Supply / could not return hairpiece that clerk said matched my hair

1 Moore, United States Review updated:

I asked the clerk for a mirror to see if the hairpiece matched my hair. She handed me a mirror not much bigger than a postage stamp. I could not really see it so I asked her if it matched, she said it did. I took it home and held it in front of my hair at the mirror, not even close!!! I bought it at closing time on a saturday, I attempted to return in when they opened the next day and they told me they do not allow refunds on hairpieces because they couldn't tell if I had worn it or not. Give me a break it had this really big tag attached. I will never buy anything from sally beauty supply again!!! They just wanna take your money and apparently don't care about keeping their customers.

Comments

• Ri
      20th of Aug, 2008

I'm sorry about your hair piece, but if you did not notice the box has a sticker put on by the store and a label printed by the factory on it that says "No Returns on Hair" not only that it is also clearly stated at the bottom of your reciept.
    They cannot take hair back because is violates federal health code. perhaps instead of getting pissed at sally beauty supply you should contact the maker of the hair and suggest that they package it in a way that makes it easier to see if it matches your hair or not.

• Ab
      26th of Aug, 2008

How would you feel if you bought a hairpiece and ended up catching head lice. Let me guess you would be mad about that wouldnt you? I guess you dont know that not returning hair is actually a state law!!!

• He
      28th of Nov, 2008

I'M SEXY!!!

• Da
      27th of Jan, 2009

I worked at Sally Beauty Supply and I know that in the store they have plenty of mirrors and if you were really concerned about it matching then you would have found a mirror big enough for you to see yourself in it. You cant bring those hairpieces back because its unsanitary, so pretty much its your own fault for not making sure it was the right colour before you purchased it, plus on the box it tells you that those are non returnable items. Would you want a hairpiece in your head that someone else that you didnt know wore before you bought it? I know i definately would not want that, so stop complaining and whining like a little ### and dont blame sally's for you not being smart enough to match ur hair with the wig.

• Th
      14th of Jan, 2010

I also work at Sally beauty Supply and the one thing people should begin to do is SHOP FOR THEMSELVES. You knew that the hair was non-returnable so why get upset? People can put it in, wear it for the evening, then put it back into the package and say, "Hey! it's not the right color! I don't want it!" A solution is to color the hair to match your color.

• Jm
      4th of Feb, 2010

I work at a sally beauty supply, for one it says on the PACKAGE clear as day that you cannot return or exchange hair, there was your first clue, second it says on the RECIEPT that you cannot return or exchange it. Also, there are plenty of mirrors big enough in that store to see if it matches your hair. Don't get mad at the store because you got screwed by ONE employee who didn't know how to do their job.

• Ka
      5th of Dec, 2010

i agree with the comment above. it is not the sales associates job to make your hair turn out how you want it to. most of the people working for sallys DO NOT have cos school expierence. Also there is a lot that goes into coloring your hair other than just color and developer. if you had been coloing your hair with cheap box color from a drug store then changed to professional color there is a high chance that your hair is not going to come out how you think. My advice to you is to just go get a claifying treatment it will tone it down but to completley get it out you will have to bleach your hair unless yyou used a demi perminent, which you should have in the first place when trying something new. People are so quick to blame other people for there own mistakes. Oh i forgot to mention that i worked for sally beauty and manager or sales associates are NOT allowed to tell you what color to get you need to choose that on your own everyones hair is different soo the results will all be different.

• Ds
      21st of Mar, 2011

uh, i think she was talking about not being able to return a hairpiece...

14th of Apr, 2011

I work at Sally Beauty as well and encounter many customers who purchase hair, even against my own advice - I am not a "licensed" cosmetologist, but as a makeup artist and someone whose been cutting and colouring hair since the age of twelve (nine years), I certainly know what I'm talking about. It sounds like the author of the complaint expects that her own inability to match a hair piece to her own hair is the employees' fault and not her own. It is the company policy to not allow returns/exchanges on hair, do not blame the employees who earn around 7.50-8$ an hour. The customer is not always right, sometimes the customer is an idiot who cannot make their own decisions.