Sallie Mae / Lying during collection conversation
While on the phone with a Sallie Mae Representative about lowering payments on defaulted student loan (which I requested deferment paper on several occasions) he told me that Sallie Mae was the government. That seemed incorrect so I went directly to the Sallie Mae website and found this statement below. They used this tatic to attempt to bully me into paying more than I could afford.
"While Sallie Mae was originally created in 1972 as a government-sponsored entity, the company began privatizing its operations in 1997, a process it completed at the end of 2004 when the company terminated its ties to the federal government. Today, the company is a publicly held, private sector company, governed by a board elected by shareholders. SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America."
More Sallie Mae Complaints & Reviews
- Sallie Mae - Student loans 
- Sallie Mae - Scams, scams and more scams 
- Sallie Mae Financial Services - Billing statements not sent! 
- Sallie Mae - Private Loan Forbearance 
- Sallie Mae - Scam and cheating! 
- Sallie Mae - Liars and Have a Monopoly 
- Sallie Mae - Worst Customer Service 
- Sallie Mae//chase Bank - Cotinues of calls at home and at work
- Sallie Mae - Terrible service! 
- Sallie Mae - High interest rate and taking money