Sahalie Rewardsunauthorized monthly billing

I purchased something from the catalog Sahalie 18 months ago and must have done something to get a discount, but it was so long ago that I don't remember.

Somehow I got signed up for the Sahalie Rewards program without knowing it. Turns out that, unlike other rewards programs that have either an annual fee or no fee at all, this one cost $15 per month, with the billing coming straight out of your credit card.

If you're like me, you don't scrutinize your credit card bill very often. While I will grant that it had been way too long since I gave my credit card statement the review it deserved, I had scanned it a number of times over the last year and a half, but the $14.95 charge with the nondescript title "SAHA REWD" did not catch my attention (and I definitely didn't notice that it was a recurring charge).

Yesterday I finally was looking at a long enough period of billing to discover that this was a recurring charge and that I had no idea what it was.

I did a quick google search and found out that I wasn't alone in falling victim to this problem.

I called the number listed alongside the line item on my credit card statement and let them know how displeased I was. They were nice enough, but the first person I spoke to was only authorized to reverse two months' worth of charges. Her supervisor was only authorized to reverse six months' of charges. When I spoke to the supervisor's supervisor, she reversed the charges from all 18 months.

I thanked them for taking the charges off and offered my editorial comments that if someone like me was failing to catch on to the monthly charges, there were probably lots of others in that boat. They weren't too interested in hearing my point of view, but listened with a measure of politeness.

Comments

• Ra
      Jul 09, 2010
    SAHALIE REWARDS - False Credit Card Charges
    Sahalie Rewards
    P.O. Box 4333
    Portland
    Oregon
    Sahalie.com

Fraudulent recurring charge of $14.95 is placed on my credit card every month. This charge has been applied for 9 months. I cannot get it removed. Made calls, doesn't work.
    HELP!!!

• Ds
      Oct 31, 2010
    SAHALIE REWARDS - Unexplained monthly charge
    Sahalie
    Huntsville
    Alabama

My Americna Express shows a monthly charge to which I did not agree, and I do not know what it is. I would like to cancel this charge.

• Mo
      Aug 20, 2011

I have had the same thing happen to me...I never signed up for the rewards program, and they will not refund my money. Where do I go from here?

• Sh
      Aug 26, 2011

I just figured out this SCAM got me too. I purchasd something from Sahalie earlier this year and I saw the $14, 95 on my bill and thought it was because I returned some things. When I saw it again this month, I called a number I found in another post - phone number: [protected] M-F ET between 9:00am and 9:00pm. Someone from India answered the phone and told me that I had signed up for it when I ordered. I said there's no way I would sign up for something costing $14, 95 a month. I asked what it was and he said a personal shopper service. WHAT? He said well you checked a box that said you wanted a "free trial" for 30 days! This is BS and should be illegal. I'm sure they make it automatic unless you UNCHECK the box. Shoppers beware! I will never purchase from Sahalie again. I hope that everyone else with this problem will do the same.

• Di
      Nov 08, 2011

I too was charged for this "rewards program" that I never signed on for. I called them & asked for a credit - we'll see if I get it. In the meantime, I've asked my credit card company to block all charges from them. I will never buy anything from them again, so that's perfectly fine with me . . .too bad - they have nice merchandise. I just can't afford to be robbed every month!

• Ju
      Nov 12, 2011

Oh, I must have gone to the "fleece" page by mistake! It's Saturday and if I get the same result you all did on Monday, I'll contact my state attorney general's office.

• Hd
      Jan 10, 2012

Jane Brixby is the new marketing director for Sahalie they are paired up with the encore rewards program that rips people off.

• Pa
      Jan 15, 2012

same thing happened to me, $14.95 and I have no idea why. I also thought it was something I had ordered, or returned. I will also NEVER order from them again!!!