Safeway Inc.monopoly game

I entered the Safeway Monopoly game when it started and shopped there so I could collect the tickets. On the last three days I shopped at two Safeway stores, Bonney Lake, WA and Auburn, WA. Both stores were out of tickets. They could not tell me of any local stores that still had tickets.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Bonney Lake, WA What is the point of having this contest when you don't supply the tools to play? I feel that I have this was a waste of time. I also feel that I was misled to shop at Safeway to participate in this game when the stores knew they did not have tickets available. I believe Safeway and Albertson stores should demand an explanation from the game promoters.

Sincerely,
Diana M. Walton

Di
May 03, 2016

Comments

• Li
      May 16, 2016

I completely agree. There are many items on the board where I only needed one or two tickets to win a prize and after literally sorting through hundreds of tickets, all I got were duplicates of the ones I alreay had. Also, I entered 176 ticket codes into the online game and won absolutely nothing. This can't just be bad luck. Does Safeway really want the reputation of a rip-off? On a side note, I also noticed their grocery prices have skyrocketed. Their most inexpensive gallon of milk sells for $3.99 in California. I can get the exact same brand from 7-11 for $1.99 and at Trader Joe's for $2.99. What are they thinking? I will not shop at Safeway anymore.

Jun 23, 2016

I searched ebay to see how the Monopoly game pieces were distrubited. It is VERY CLEAR half of the tickets are west of the mississippi river
    If I want to win the $1M I would have to pay $thousands of dollars for $612C & $61H
    The game is rigged.
    I will never play again It was a waste of time

• Lo
      Jul 09, 2016

This was the biggest scam ever.When I think of the time I put inland for nothingI could kick myself.Never again.

• Do
      Mar 15, 2017

I am living in Willcox Arizona and the once busy and somewhat famous singing cowboy town is almost a ghost town now. Safeway is the only major food shoping store left here. The rest is truck stop and quicky mart stores. But to the point.. I decided to try the game out and after three weeks trying to keep the damn tickets stuck to the funky fold out board I gave up. Unless you have room to pin up the playing board on a wall and use glue to attach the tickets forget it. I am putting all the tickets in a plastic baggie and will give them to someone else who has the time and patience to mess with it.
    In the mean time I am only checking for instant winners for which I have only recieved instant winners for a couple more free tickets. No way will I give all the private information they want to play online. So much for the easy lick-um stick-um. I guess my spit aint sappy enough. Jesus loves you even if safeway does not... I noticed today that the cheaper soda went up a dollar on the half case. Why are they raising the prices?? They sure aren't giving away any prizes or money. Don the Baptist

• Ga
      May 07, 2017

I won $5 but I agree it's a scam.

May 11, 2017

Even the small prices are unwinnable. They deliberately dont print all the cards needed to win. What fools they make of us. People should sue!! Huge scam

May 07, 2018

So done with Safeway. Shame on them for giving people false hopes, after 20 years, I won't shop there again!

• Su
      May 19, 2018

Completely agree! Total scam! Even the small prizes like a free can of tomato sauce or free gravy mix, etc, they never restock. I’ve been going back every week to look, and it’s always empty, and the manager said he doesn’t know when it will be restocked and he refused to write me a rain check. So basically these prizes will expire by May 29th and I won’t be able to claim it. I think this is a form of “false advertising” / bait and switch disguised as a game to get people to come into their store to buy, which is illegal.

• Da
      Apr 20, 2019

This is worse than the last monopoly game, not enough prizes and crappie ones at that (like Safeway doughnuts).

• Jm
      May 01, 2019

I hate things like this - but I got a handful of these tickets and now feel like I must check to see if I have a rare one before tossing them out. Very annoying! I was quite happy shopping there until they attacked me with this time wasting racket. I signed up for the app on my ipad - and keep encountering "temporary login" problems, which are apparently the norm judging from many bad reviews.

I'm inclined to take my business elsewhere in future in retaliation.

• Yo
      Sep 06, 2019

Lmfao. People like you just BLOW MY MIND... completely RIDICULOUS [censored]s. Who don't really understand how things work and just [censored] and complain about EVERYTHING/ ANYTHING.
    So, smart one. How long did you want the game to continue for, forever? It just lasts until they run out of tickets.
    Also, that's how the game works. For each set, there are ONE or TWO rare pieces/semi-rare pieces. The rest of the pieces are super duper easy to get. Then they will make just a handful of the rare/semi-rare pieces and send them out. In result everyone ends up with all the same pieces and is missing 1 or 2 for every set. You were not close to winning, don't worry.
    It's to make you FEEL LIKE you are about to win. Which makes you shop there over other places, and they make more money. Which is why they even do the game in the first place. As a promotion to make money... thats the only reason businesses do anything. If you didn't make them money and promote their company they are not going to do it. Most companies, at these the ones still in business, don't really like just giving away free money for no reason.
    The game is BS i agree. The entire [censored] show but the things you are complaining about ARE RIDICLOUS.
    Let me get this straight... you expected them to stop working (checking people out etc.) and go call each store for you to see if they still had tickets? Let the line build to 50 people, and say sorry the queen needs me to do this for her because she is the only person in the world. No... it does not work that way. Lmfao. Entitled. lol.

• Ru