Safelite Auto Glass / Insurance Scam

1 Augusta, ME, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-888-2727

Unfortunately, I allowed my insurance company (Allstate) to refer me through to Safelite glass to repair two small dings in my windshield. The technician showed up hours late to do the work in my driveway. When he was done, he informed me that he could only "freeze" the dings and in doing so, it resulted in three cracks emanating from what were intially two small (repairable) dings. I had taken my car to another glass company earlier in the week who indicated that these small dings were easily repairable. The result was that I then had to replace the windshield and pay a $250 insurance deductible (which I did not have to pay for a repair), thanks to Safelite Glass.

Comments

• Au
      1st of Jun, 2009

What one compnay says and does are two different things. Every sitsuation is different and it isnt fair to just assume that those cracks were infact repairable. Most do repair fine but some do not. Thats just the name of the game.

• Rj
      20th of Oct, 2010

There is no factual evidence that repairing a windshield is a long term sustainable alternative to replacement. As for the tech being late, unless you had an appointment at the location there is no such thing. Good job being a [censor].

• Gl
      9th of Feb, 2012

Your 1st mistake was allowing your insurance company to STEER you to the shop of their choice!!! Next time You choose the shop!!! Maine as well as many other states have an Anti-Steering law in place, you have the right to choose anyone you want, so next time, Pick the shop of your choice and let them deal with your insurance!!