Safeco Insurance Company of America / do a favor on you and just avoid safeco
Summary - I have contracted with a moving company G.P.S. Movers for my interstate move from Harrisburg, PA to San Marcos, CA. As per the quote, I have made initial deposit payment. My household goods was picked up by another moving company United Movers on 08/21/2011. After this day till now I am struggling to get hold of the moving company and hence my goods.
After waiting for the Federal stipulated 21 business day period, I declared this as theft and filed claim with Safeco. Simultaneously, I have filed the complaints with BBB, Attorney general of California, US departments Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) etc. All the complaints along with responses were carefully documented and forwarded to Safeco. The documentation also includes records of my multiple attempts to contact the mover to get hold of my belongings without any success.
Claim with Safeco was filed on 09/10/2011. I keep on receiving additional documentation requests from Pamela, claim adjustor, which I fulfilled on time to time basis. Now after waiting for 2 months post filing, Safeco has declined my claim. I would like to know the proofs Safeco has collected before declining my claim. It has been 3 months now that I don't have my furniture and household belongings and there is no guarantee that I will get them in near future. Being a family person and with a 3 year old kid, life is quite difficult without any and all the household stuff.
Do a favor on you and just avoid Safeco...there are other good brands available in insurance space.
More Safeco Insurance Company of America Complaints & Reviews
- SafeCo Insurance Company - it is an unethical insurance company 
- SafeCo Insurance - company is denying claim because they can not get hold of there insured. they will not pay for my rental vechile that they told me to go and pickup. 
- Beware! Fraud! Safeco Insurance Property Insurance: Fraud! - claims fraud 
- SafeCo Insurance - fraud 
- Safeco Home Owners Insurance - not paying claim for plumbing issues
- SafeCo Insurance Company - terrible service
- SafeCo Insurance Company - disorganized, rude and ignorant sharon parker
- Safeco - lying, deceitful claims process
- SafeCo Insurance - automobile insurance
- Safeco Insurance Company of America - liars