RushCard / not getting my money

OH, United States Review updated:

When I first had my rush card there was no problem. Now that I have a new job it seems that all hell has broken lose, I have my check direct deposited like I did at my previous job, but this time they wont post it to my account. We called twice in the morning wondering were my money was, they just kept telling me it will b posted at 9pm... Well the time came and still no money, so my husband and I call the customer service hotline for the third time and immediately demands to speak to a supervisor. After about a half hour of arguing with so indian lady with an extreamly thick accent we finally got to talk to a supervisor, which tells us that I need to fax information in but the system is down... First of all I will not be faxing my ss card or any other personal information to a foreign place, its just seems to risky to me. Second its crazy that the people you speak to can hardly understand english. This is bull crap and like everyone else that has been screwed over by this company I need my hard earned money.in case anyone out there is even remotely concerned I will be contacting my lawyer! I have read about many other cases of the same thing happening to other people and I will not stand for this!

Ng

Comments

24th of Oct, 2009
    Rushcard - Service
    RushCard
    Eatonton
    Georgia

Order new RuchCard, and when trying to activate card.

Money was lost threw Money Graim. No refund was given total lost.

Rush Card will be hearing from my lawyer.

• Ro
      23rd of Mar, 2012
    Rushcard - Stay away from them!
    Rushcard

I never dealt with that company, but somehow social security check was sent to their office. I don't know anything about it. Don't mess with them!

• Pa
      5th of May, 2012

Rush card is running a scam on people who use the debit card to direct deposit their income taxes. how they do it is they wait until the amount is posted, then after you use the card a few times, they block your card and claim that there was some type of fraudulent activity that took place on your card. after that they ask you to fax a copy of your ss card, a photo id, and some proof of address such as a utility bill. once you fax over the documents, all they do is keep telling you that they either didn't receive the documents, or that they still haven't received an update on the status of the validation of them from their corporate office. they won't give you the corporate offices physical address or any names of any corporate officers. they do this with the intention of keeping your money and hoping that you will just get tired of pursuing your money and just chalk it up as a loss. rush card is the worst debit card company out there and they are using this scam on thousands of hardworking americans. do not deal with them!!

18th of Sep, 2018

@Paulieknucklez1 You are so right I am currently going thru sonething similar..I have been with them for five years..as usual, I received my govt check and withdrew 400 dollars and they said fraud was committed on my account which was BS..they said for me to submit and fax back paperwork saying I want an investigation and I would get a preferential credit in ten days..the tenth day th t I was suppose to get my money mind u I called them 11 that afternoon and they say just keep looking at your account it never came..6 that evening I called back and they said no we decided not to give it to you...they are thieves and I will never stop trying g to get my money from them..its sad russell Simmons is tied to a company like this..you can tell that they hope you get tired of trying to talk with someone and just go away..but now I want more..pain and suffering and everything...they never even mailed me why they said fraud had even occurred..good luck and God Bless

7th of May, 2012

Ok rush card put a block on my rush card saying I needed to verify my identity. so I sent in, emailed, and faxed all the proof they requested. however I kept receiving excuse after excuse about the proof not being legible. its been 4 months. I finally got the corporate office phone number and got the issue resolved so I am posting this to help those with similar circumstances that have had no luck getting there money. I spoke with morgan and kim at unirush and they unblocked my card with ease 1 513 685 8606

• Sh
      27th of Dec, 2016

@MSDKREED Thank you so much for your post.

15th of Feb, 2017

@MSDKREED Oh thank you so much for that number as NO ONE would give me the corporate number saying they don't know it. They have had $200 of my money after turning my card off without telling me. I did the same thing by faxing documents and they denied every one of them. When I finally got them to approve the documents, they charged me $30 to rush my new card only to find out that they couldn't activate it. All this took me over 2 weeks and I needed the money so I wouldn't loose my car and job. So now I will be calling the number you provided in hopes that they will make this right. then I will take the money off and destroy it. But thank you for the number. Hopefully I can get this solved. I checked the area code for the corporate number and it is the number you gave. For every body else, DO NOT GO WITH RUSH CARD. IT IS A SCAM!!!

25th of Jul, 2017

@Mathew Williams Did this # work for you? I dialed but got no ring. My card was compromised somehow & someone in Concord, NC cleaned me out. I live in Houston, Tx. I called immediately when I got notification of the first transaction & during the 25 minutes wasted while I was explaining to the agent that Houston, TX is NOWHERE North Carolina the second transaction hit. My card was never blocked that entire time. The worst part is I had to tell her ot happened! I got no resolution, did not get to file a dispute until YESTERDAY. Because of the careless agent, I have no money & to add insult to injury Rushcard made me pay $30 for a new card even though I was victimized, I even provided a police report number, Investigating Officer's name & contact info (I had to contact Concord, NC PD to file a report) so not only was my direct deposit stolen, I was expecting a refund that posted to my old card yesterday, yet I have no money, even though I was told the amount of the refund would be available when I activated my new card. In additionI have to wait 10 days to recieve a decision regarding my stolen money. So I may or may not get back what is rightfully mine! The call center is in the Phillipines according to "Joe" the supervisor I spoke to last night. They are terrible! I will be filing a BBB complaint after this post.

29th of Jul, 2017

@Ms.Peavy I am going through the same thing with a charge from Yonlers New York. They are crooks.

29th of Jul, 2017

@Janelle Morris Im so sorry Janelle. Its been a week & NOTHING. That phone number doesnt work. I found a # for Unirush but the girl that answered said they're a collection agency & gave me another number that nobody answered after ringing for 2 1/2 hrs. I submitted all the documents requested, filed complaints with the BBB have spammed Rushcard & Russell Simmons (@unclerush) Twitter & FB pages, have now placed 115 calls & filed 5 grievances against Rushcard agents & STILL NOTHING.

2nd of Oct, 2018

@Mathew Williams UNIRUSH CONTACT INFO FOR THE ONES THAT ARE LOOKING FOR IT.

CHIEF EXEC OFFICER- RON HYNES- 866-766-2229

Best Best Advice
    Rushcard - missing money
    California
    rushcard.com

bad service missing money this morning, I checked my account and funds where missing with no record of them being spent on anything

• Ro
      18th of Jan, 2013
    Rushcard - cancel card and refund of balance
    rush card
    New York

Very upset that my rushcard had been blocked and requesting for cancelation and refund of the balance.

• Sn
      5th of Dec, 2017

@robin mcdonald My card have blocked with money that i put on there.because of there mistake due to the wrong apt #

• Cr
      23rd of Mar, 2013

Yup same problem about rush card and green dot. card blocked sent information to them. then found out they close my daughter card out. same with the greendot card... very poor communications with their non speaking proper English representatives..they get rude with you..cocky..and don't help you..tell u that corporate number can't. be found by..crystal lax

• Ty
      21st of Jun, 2013

I hate and will never refer another person to RUSHCARD again. My. debut card was stolen and my money was withdrew. I filled a dispute and filled a police report. RUSHCARD cancelled that card and sent another. one. Now a month later they block allmy cards said I lied about my dispute and will not replace my stolen money and will send my remainder balance by check in 7-10 business days. How can they cancel my cards without informing me. Then dont wanna let me speak to corporate r the disputes department. I sweAr they should have a law suite. Im pissed and broke.

• Ni
      10th of Aug, 2013
    Rushcard - they took my money
    Rudhcard
    California

I got a rush visa card for my birthday and I and yesterday Aug 10 my day sent me some money to go get my son some dippers. It was the first time I have ever used my card and they took all my money and started tell all kinds of different lies about the way there card works ... I just want my money back

• St
      23rd of Oct, 2013

someone put a security question on my account after I answered all my security questions they blocked my account. they wont unblock it even though I have faxed they the documents I was told to fax them.

• Al
      17th of Nov, 2014

U just got off line with rushcard reps, and I have been promised that my card would make it last three weeks ago and it didnt show, they claim to have sent it express two day recieve then tried to charge me thirty dollars to send it, but I told them that by their mistake they #ed up so by their own money they correct it, i've contacted a law firm called, "eastern district of virginia," a law firm that seem to have been faced with rush cases before, and I locked in my post from them that comes to my phone upon post of my employment check, and will be going to print out my check deposits from day one of rush and prepare a case on them, people theres power in numbers, if we all come together and fight this we can bring rush scams down and recieve our just compensation... together we can stand and win, contact 6018190489

• Sw
      15th of Apr, 2015

Rush card let someone in my account. They even sometimes make it to where I can not pay my bills. Do not use these people!!! The picture is a screen shot of me on hold with them now...now 42 minutes in hold time

• Sw
      15th of Apr, 2015

I'm glad I have a bank account

• Fh
      18th of Apr, 2015

There has to be an attorney somewhere that will help! A transaction from my account had the hold dismissed by the company initially putting the hold on my funds according to the instructions given for releasing the hold via a faxed document which has been documented as received by Rushcard services. Now Rushcard is informing that I will still have to wait 10 days for the hold to drop...

Well there is no hold as the holding institute which is a bank has already voided according to their instructions the hold!

• Fh
      18th of Apr, 2015

Does anyone have attorney information or a class action lawsuit in process already? Please provide information as this needs to stop!

• Ta
      30th of Apr, 2015

I was trying to get money and my money was missing with no record I want ti know hiw can I get my money back cause I have kids and I need my money I dont have money to just throw away and now im broke and my kids need food.

27th of Aug, 2015

i opened my rushcard account back in April and I fell in love instantly, however that quickly changed I disputed a transaction for 80$ but come to find out the money was stolen from someone I knew so the dispute was denied I swallowed that up bc I could somewhat understand why they would do such. Fast fwd to today I disputed a transaction for a over charge on my account this was week ending in 8/7/15 was told my credit would be posted on 8/18 when that date came my credit never posted I contacted customer service only o be disrespected by a very nasty agent and hung up on. Now I work for a call center myself rule 1 shut up while customer is talking they have the floor you don't 2 you never release a call on your customer. (Under certain conditions it may be necessary to escalate the call) but you do not hang up ok back to story so my credit NEVER posted I called back the next morning all the supervisor could do was Say I'm sorry let me send a email to corporate they will respond within 1 to 2 days ... ARE YOU KIDDING ME ?!!! That's all I get after inconveniencing me after I've had to be late to work yesterday bc I didn't have my money or how this will effect me today bc I still don't have my money to get to work but rushcard sure as hell doesn't care abt that they just want hey petty little 6$ monthly fee and atm fees that's what they care abt oh and pissing their customers off ! After this issue is resolved and my next deposit which is scheduled this week I will no longer be a rushcard customer no bueño ! And I will be making it publicly known to anyone who has a rushcard or is thinking abt getting one my advice RUN as long as everything is good they seem great but when you need them or when it's a problem with something you see them for what they are nothing cud that's what they do NOTHING! Real quick is Russell Simmons still backed behind this lol ?! Rushcard is a joke and I'm not laughing anymore. So update still have not received my refund they told me they were going to email me some papers to send back to them and then they would issue my refund never got the emails so kept calling being promised I would receive emails within 1-3 hrs so finally a agent said she would mail them and I would get them within 7-10 business days I received the papers Monday 8-24 and faxed them back the same day I called them today 8/27 to inquire abty refund get this they said it was denied bc I did not send the papers back when I was suppose to ?!! Are you serious I'm definitely going to talk to a lawyer about this bc I refuse they have the poorest customer service I've ever had in my life I cannot believe I was so foolish to trust this company with my money the agents barely speak or understand English and I'm sure can't tell there head from their as* I hate rushcard

• Pa
      14th of Oct, 2015

Rush card did an update on October 12, 2015. They told us it would only take a few hours.It is now day 3 and hundreds if not thousands of us have not received our direct deposit and we cannot get through to customer service. We try to call but phone is either busy or just silent, or all circuits are busy. I need my money and nothing is available to me. This update should not be taking this long they told us only a few hours. I am closing my account with RUSHCARD as soon as this is settled. Never again!!

• Ka
      14th of Oct, 2015

Rush allow someone go in my account and withdraw funds soon as i notice it was an fraudulent matter i contact them soon as i notice transaction by checking my nalance i spoken to supervisor so she reverse transaction money show back in account that night the next day when i use my card at Walgreens tranaction was recline so i call rush again the rep stated they was doing system updates and she wasn't able assist me call back i call nacl on 10/12/15 stay on hold over an hour and they hung up on me i tried later that night same thing and this morning 10/14/2015. System saying number disconnect try back i will never use rush again

14th of Oct, 2015

I'm not able to get my funds because it has a $0 balance I'm supposed to get my direct deposit and that's not there either. I can't pay my bills I have to borrow money to travel. I can't access my online account and when I call customer service I can't even get someone on the phone or just says its to many people calling to try again later.

14th of Oct, 2015

I have been a customer of rush card for about 7+ years and I was satisfied until now. my direct deposit goes in my account 2 days before my actual payday that's why I continued to get my direct deposit on my rush card. I need my money just like you do russell simons you need to give my money back or else i'm filing a complaint with the bbb..

14th of Oct, 2015

Rushcard does not deliver the services advertised. I found where there is actually a class action against the company which could put them out of business. you cannot even call them on the phone or anything. if you are looking for debit options. do not use rushcard.

15th of Oct, 2015

I have been a customer for two years this is third time having issues I called got no help just a sorry for inconvenience... That is not going to help me I have money for unemployment that has been deposited and I can't get it so are me and my child to do starve... I don't get food stamps or any type of help this is crazy... I need answers quick...

16th of Oct, 2015

I to am looking for some class action suit. My deposit had not posted, and you can't reach anyone on the phone. The system just hangs up on you. Very unprofessional, and they should not be able to get away with this.

20th of Oct, 2015

I have been with rushcard for almost a year n they are giving me the run around about my account n my money it goes direct deposit n they r not answering the phone as a matter of fact they keep hanging the phone up

21st of Oct, 2015

I've used rushcard for 2years now, only because I get my money faster, but now its seem like my card has been frozen, from the glinch. which I didn't even know it was going on. I use direct deposit so my money should of been there yesterday but, there'sno money there... I mean you all text and send us emails about bringing a new customer and all that bull but not one time did I get a text about my money, we need our. money like you do (uncle rush).. I have bills and a child to feed... now im stuck borrowing money, not only that icant even tell them when I will be able to pay them back!!!😠😠😠😠😠😠😠 after this i'm leaving this cardholder

• Ib
      3rd of Nov, 2015

So after them telling me they could transfer my money over to a temporary card (that I had to purchase)... and running all over tryin to find the exact card (4 locations in culpeper and eventually back to ruckersville walmart where the card was last used and hasnt been turned in nor did we find it in the parking lot an hour away).. cuz they said it had to be the exact same one.. on top of having to borrow money to load on the card... they couldn't transfer the funds regardless. I asked could they western union or moneygram me the rest of my funds and they said that is not an option... and basically my only option is to wait for a new card in 5 business which is their express service... so I went through hell to high water doing just as they told me to for them to turn around and say they couldn't do that. then they charged me a $4.95 to replace my card.. umm no. I will be contacting a lawyer. they should not be able to withhold my hard earned money. they should have an overnight service like netspend. I will be removing my money from them and going elsewhere!! such a joke!! do not use rushcard or rushcard live!!!

• Ep
      4th of Nov, 2015

With the recent issues that rushcard has been having, I found myself breathing a sigh of relief that I had no problems and hadn't since I opened the account in 2012. that was until november 1st when my card expired and there was no sight of a new one in the mail. with last months issues still playing out I decided to move the majority of my money to another account, leaving a small balance. I called customer service only to be disconnected every time before I could speak to a representative. you get one chance to screw with my money after that I done with you. I have been sending emails back and forth to them and now when I decide to remove the balance of the money in the account all of a sudden my cvv # "doen't match the number they have" right. it's the same number i've been using since I received the card!!!. so I am done with rush they were cool before but they are in a position to do a lot of damage to their customers. people need their money and contrary to the conservative media a large portion of rushcard holders use rushcard because they are tired of traditional banks and their constant bs that cost fee after fee. not because they are poor.

• Ka
      13th of Nov, 2015

this company is horrible!!! i loaded 500$ and have been unable to use my card. its been declined for the last 24 hours and my balance is back at 0.00 but i wasnt able to use any funds!!! the people had me on the phone for 5 hours claiming it is fixed but when i go to use it it goes back to a 0 balance and they refuse to let me speak to a supervisor! i am beyond pissed. their customer service is horrible!!! my first and last time using this damn card!!!

25th of Nov, 2015

I had a credit of 184.00 and 68.18 going to my card since October when the system was updated...as soon as the credit apply to my Rushcard and I spend it they takes my ssi check and say they sending me a email. .mad as hell rushacard is taking people money don't refer anyone to them a dam rip off I'm closing my account and will never do business with them ever again! And getting a lawyer as well. Dumb ### customer service don't speak English but take our american dollars if anyone has cooperate number PLEASE list it so I can call.thanks!

• La
      2nd of Jan, 2016

I have been with rushcard since 2013 never had any major problems with them but this has topped the cake for me. I received a text that my account balance was low so I logged into my account and looked at my transactions and to my suppose, I had to purchases from florida and I am in nc. I called customer service and they tell me to call the vendors to get charges reverse the vendors tell me to contact my bank finally rushcard emails me a dispute form fill it out. I filed a police report and that is being investigated as I speak. it has been a few weeks and finally talk to someone in disputes department and they tell me their investigators saw no fraudulent charges and I will not be getting my money back. I should be getting a letter in the mail explaining their decision and if I feel that I am due a refund fill out the form and explain why I should be getting my money back really! as soon as I am through with this issue i'm saying goodbye to rushcard never to return.

• As
      25th of Feb, 2016

My RushCard was stolen in December of 2015 and I immediately notified RushCard and started the dispute process and the employees were rude and I got so many lies to me they know who was the theif and the questioned merchants also confirms that now 67 days later and no resolution and every time I get another card RushCard puts a block on my account before my SSI deposit is made so I have not had any income since November and I am so angry will someone please let me know who I can talk to to take care of this

21st of Mar, 2016

I have had this card since october 2014 without any problems.in 2015 my money and every rushcard holder's money was held up for a week. to rectify this, they allowed all customer no fees for 3 months but my account did have one fee on it. saturday march 19, 2016 was my birthday and I decided to take my 2 kids with me to orlando for a two day stay. I went to family dollar and deposited $150.00 dollars on my rushcard because I didn't want to have all of my money on me. when I arrived to my hotel to check in there was no deposit on my card. I had to use my money to pay for my hotel room. however, instead of 2 days, we had to cut my birthday get-a-way short. I talked to rushcard at least 10 times and was constantly told my money was not on my card. really!!! finally, saturday night I was allowed to speak with a supervisor and she assured me that within 24-48 hours it would be resolved. well it 1:08 pm monday march 21, 2016 and guess what? my money is still not in my account. the number for corporate office is a non-working number. customer service claim they don't have corporate office number. of course they don't. rushcard is the worst business I have ever seen!!! do not use this business!!

• Mo
      5th of Apr, 2016

I have had this card for 5 years. I have not had any problems until this year 2016. These people constantly steal your money, lie to you, and then tell you they don't have supervisors in duty. Yes you do get your direct deposit sooner . Honestly it is not worth the hassle.

• Le
      25th of May, 2016

Well I checked my rushcard this evening and my money was on there but when I get to the store to draw some money off it show me zero balance. So I was wondering what happen to my money that was on my card.

25th of May, 2016

I have had nothing but issues with RushCard. I have found an attorney that will work on contingency to get your money plus some. He is very prompt and takes your matter serious. There are already numerous lawsuits filed against RushCard. If anyone wants his information I will be willing to share it with you. He helped me with RushCard as well as American Express Serve disputes and ATM withdrawal disputes and got my money back plus some. He is legit and has reviews and is very good.

• Le
      25th of May, 2016

Okay give me his information please

• Sh
      10th of Jul, 2016

Does anyone have corporates number or any advice as to what I should do. I have not been able to access funds since May and rushcard has failed to send me a replacement card. Please someone help me fight this

• Th
      26th of Jul, 2016

Perkstreet is the best of them all.

26th of Jul, 2016
    RushCard - Funds
    New Brighton
    Minnesota

BEWARE!! Check your Rushcard account!! I just called to get my available balance, because the website was down..again...I was directed to customer service and when the phone rang the all familiar tone came on stating that "this number has been disconnected!" OMG...thank God I transferred my direct deposit a month ago to a real bank!! I hope to God this is a maintenance issue, and not a sweep from this company...So many people have put trust, and money into this site. I hope no one has lost any more than the $30.00 I should have in there...