RueLaLa.com / Unprofessional service

1 Boston, MA, United States Review updated:

I recently placed an item to a favorites list, but later I received a message from my bank that my credit card was charged. They actually stole $1000 from me! I contacted the customer support and explained that I never ordered anything, but I was told that the watch is already packaged and ready to ship. I asked them to cancel the order, but was told that I was impossible. It had only been an hour since the order was placed yet they could not or would not do anything! I was just thinking of buying the watch, but I was not sure about that. In the end I did receive it, but I wasn't happy at all.

Ja
Jan 13, 2016

Comments

• Le
      6th of Oct, 2016

As a former Rue La La concierge, I can tell you that Rue La La does not have a favorites list. However, they do have a Still Want It list. With Still Want It, you are effectively placing an order if the item becomes available again in the next 45 days. There is a reason the website asks you for shipping/billing info when you add an item to this list. If the item becomes available, the order is placed and an email is sent to you. I know. Not only did I work there, I used Still Want It a number of times. However, there is no shortage of people who choose to not read anything on the site and just click away. I received probably 4-5 calls per week from members who needed to cancel their SWI order because they didn't understand how it worked.

Please don't blame a website for your lack of understanding.