Complaints & Reviews

If you can't deliver, don't run shopping website

They suck! One of my orders got canceled for "technical problems", two of my orders failed delivery after one month of my payment. I was looking forward for that package and was so disappointed. After I complaint these to the staff. They did nothing but saying "I am so sorry to hear that and I can imagine your disappointment". Are you kidding me? Then I am sorry when you run out of business in the future! IF YOU CAN'T DELIVER, DON'T RUN SHOPPING WEBSITE!

• Rue La La Concierge Jul 31, 2012

We're so sorry to hear about your experience and completely understand your frustration. We'll be reaching out to you via Private Message to see how we can make this right.

Avoid this fraudsters at all costs

I ordered ruelalavegas card travel from them and suppose to get 250$ value when booking vegas hotel while i only have to pay 150. Ended up being scammed b/c i ended up paying the 150$ for the card, plus full amount for the hotel. They tell you they will refund you the 250 within 3 weeks but they have no contact info or terms of condition or anything on their website. the phone number emailed to you with the booking summary is just the number of price line and when you call... they won't have any idea about the rebate.

I've contacted ruelala directly with this issue... its been almost 2 month now... still no sign of rebate or neither will they do a refund to my original 150$ purchase.

• Rue La La Concierge Jul 10, 2012

I'm so sorry to hear about your Rue La La experience (and for the delay with your refund). We never want our Members to feel like this. I've reached out to you directly via private message to see how we can help!

Order placed almost 2 months ago, still &processing&

I have been a loyal shopper of RueLaLa.com for about a year now, and overall it's been a pleasant experience except for this ONE order. I ordered a pair of New Balance running tights on 4/20/12. It is now 6/11/12 and, after contacting their CS twice (5/16 and 6/6), I have not received the order, a refund, no offer to credit my account for anything, and no explaination other than they upgraded their system and are having delays. TWO MONTH delays? That's crazy!! I have ordered things since, and received them in a very timely manner. I just want to know what's up with this particular order. I want the running tights, but I am tired of waiting for them, and truly think that customers (including myself) who shop through them often (I place several orders per month) should be compensated or offered something for the hassle. I really like this site and want to keep shopping through it often, but delaying an order for two months with no type of compensation or anything is just really bad customer service. Come on, RueLaLa!

• Rue La La Concierge Jun 11, 2012

I'm so sorry to hear about your Rue La La experience (and for the delay). We never want our Members to feel like this. I've reached out to you directly via private message to see how we can help!

Ordered two items more than a month ago that still have not shipped

Ordered two items more than a month ago that still have not shipped. Reached out to their customer service and was told that they were having issues with a new system. They had evidence of my order, but couldn't tell me anything about when they'd be shipping it. When told I wanted to cancel the order, they told me it was too late... and that I'd have to wait for it to arrive and then request a refund. The bottom line is that I paid for these items the first week of April, and it's mid May now and nada, and according to them, I can't get my money back.

The rep told me to 'make up' for this, he was going to extend my free shipping another month. As if I'm going to order something else from them if they can't either give me the item or the money back...

You know what the definition of a good shopping experience is? It *isn't* one where you have to waste a bunch of time trying to get a company to make things right. It especially isn't when you waste that time and still have nothing to show for it.

• Rue La La Concierge May 15, 2012

I'm so sorry to hear about your Rue La La experience - we never want our Members to feel like this. I've reached out to you directly via private message to see how we can help!

• Rue La La Concierge May 17, 2012

We're so sorry to hear about this. How incredibly frustrating. We're experiencing delays in shipping out orders while we dig out from our systems upgrade. Rest assured, our shipping team is working hard to get your order to you - we cannot apologize enough for the delay.

Thanks for messing up the biggest dance in my daughters life

I have used this website numerous times as well am both of my daughters and even spread the word to friends that have used this site. Well I ordered a formal dress for my daughter on May3, 2012. She needed it for a military ball on May19, 2012. So far the dress has been preparing for shipment all this time. Last week I contacted them and was informed it would probably be in on time. Well as of today it still is preparing for shipment so I phoned them. All they could say was they are going through restructuring and I better have a plan B. Told me to start looking elsewhere for my daughter's dress. Nice customer service huh?

The problem is she is active duty military and just can't go out looking... thanks for messing up the biggest dance in her life. I guess now I need to get on all of the private military websites of families and start spreading the word on not to use this website. Oh and did I tell you how many hundreds of dollars myself alone has spent on this site and they couldn't careless.

• Rue La La Concierge May 15, 2012

I'm so incredibly sorry to hear about your Rue La La experience. This doesn't sound right at all - and we never want our Members to feel like this. I've reached out to you directly via private message to assist!

Nightmarish experience would be putting it mildly

Nightmarish experience would be putting it mildly. I ordered a bag and paid by Paypal. Changed my mind and returned the package unopened. That was three weeks ago. I have been trying to get my money back ever since with no luck.

I complained on another website and was contacted by a "corporate concierege" who was very nice but it appears that her job is to say, "I'm sorry" and then nothing happens. She told me over a week ago that I would have my refund "in a few days" but here we are ten days later and nothing. Then I was told they tried to refund though Paypal but it didn't go through. Paypal denies. Never had that problem in the 11 years my Paypal account has been open. So, here I sit with no merchandise, no refund. This was my first transaction with this horribly run company and it will be my last, that goes without saying.

• Rue La La Concierge Mar 22, 2012

I'm so sorry to hear about your Rue La La experience. Our Corporate Team is aware of your situation - we'll make sure to reach out via Private Message to follow up!

Stay Away From Them!

I ordered for the first time from RueLaLa on February 27. I decided I did not want the item before it arrived and rejected the package at the post office on March 1. It is now March 8 and I have neither a refund nor any indication that my item has been returned to them and they are processing same. No response to inquiries through their website. I have had to file a Paypal claim to try and get my money back. Very bad experience. I would suggest sticking to known internet retailers with great customer service policies like Amazon or Zappos and leaving these amateurs alone. It infuriates me that I am going to have to fight with Paypal and wait 10 days or more to get my money back.

• Rue La La Concierge Mar 09, 2012

This doesn't sound right at all. I'm so sorry to hear about your Rue La La experience - we never want our Members to feel like this. I've reached out to you directly via private message to help.

• Ke
    kem1960 Mar 19, 2012

Here we are 10 days later and still no refund. I have never had the merchandise. They received it back over a week ago and all I am getting is the run-around when I try to find out why I have not received a refund. Stories about how Paypal wouldn't take the refund. Sorry, I don't believe it. I've been using Paypal for 11 years and that has never happened. I can honestly say this is the worst customer service I have ever experienced on any online shopping site. It's as if they are trying to keep the money and drive you crazy at the same time.

• Rue La La Concierge Mar 19, 2012

We're so sorry again for this - and we can't apologize enough. We've made sure that your refund has been processed on our end. (Our Corporate Team is aware of this and will be in contact via email.)

• Mi
    mizgeministarz Jan 31, 2013

The product becomes yours when you submit payment and purchase it. YOU rejected thepackage for an item you owned and you want to complain about the company? Give me a break. You should have accepted the package and returned it via the sites return policy. Everything yoh complain about is your own fault. RueLaLa only looks that much better to me for helping and apologizing to an idiot such as yourself.

Rip off

Folks, save yourself some hard-earned cash and plenty of aggravation. If the size is not as represented on their site, (has happened to me twice) you are stuck with the items, many of which are deemed "non-returnable" for the convenience of Rue La La. Prices are nowhere near as "discount" as they would like you to think. I saw an item for $99 on Rue La La and found the identical item at a discounter in my neighborhood for $69 on the SAME DAY! Just lost $$ today because item I ordered did not conform to size represented on the site, was much bigger, and they refuse to accept a return, even for a merchandise credit. A bad experience all around, and I will definitely never purchase from them again. Totally a rip off and con game. They pretend you are getting a great deal. NOT AT ALL!!!

• Rue La La Concierge Nov 04, 2011

Oh no - this isn't how we ever want our Memebrs to feed. I'm so sorry! I've reached out to you directly via private message to help so we can make this right.

• Rue La La Concierge Nov 08, 2011

I'm so sorry to hear about your Rue La La experience. I've reached out to you directly via private message to make things right.

• Rue La La Concierge Nov 08, 2011

I'm so sorry to hear about your Rue La La experience. I've reached out to you directly via private message to help so we can make this situation right.

• Ti
    Tina Mar 25, 2019

As a rule of thumb: If size is not mentioned about a jewelery DO NOT BUY IT. They hide information on purpose, because the earring is so small you need a magnifying glass. I was 10 minutes from ordering a pair of jean at Rue Lala, when I realized that there was NO WAY TO CONTACT THEM. Rule of thumb: Do not disclose your credit card information to website that does not give you their full contact information, address and phone number. Whether you are an online business or not, you have a phone and an address. If you do not disclose it, it is because your intention is to con and not to sell. Thanks for following and stop being victims .

Stay away from these guys

I just got off the phone with customer service (she was very nice) to find out that the headboard and FRAME that I ordered online meant that the frame was the two legs that hold up the headboard, not a bedframe. YIKES. Since this was a no return item I now have an expensive headboard but no matching frame for it. And btw, it took 4 emails to finally even get attention from them.

• Rue La La Concierge Nov 04, 2011

Unacceptable treatment

Ruelala certainly does not appreciate their customers. Their " customer service " should be renamed " customer disservice. " All they are able to do, or are prepared to do is say that they are sorry, but they do NOTHING.
I ordered a large item from them as a present for a friend's birthday party. As the time drew closer and I noticed that the my order history reflected that the order was still being prepared for shipment, I called them to alert them to the fact that if they did not expedite the order, I would not receive it on time. They informed me that they thought that the company that was shipping it had probably sent it, but had not updated the the order history.
When I asked them to check on this they told me that they were unable to do so and could only submit an enquiry if the date of delivery had come and gone.
I even spoke to the corporate office and got through to Veronica Ortiz's voicemail, who I was told was the head of customer sevice. I left a detailed message about my fear that the package would not reach me on time and have never heard from her or anyone else. Her message actually says that it could take them 3 business days to get back to a customer.
Well, the date has come and gone and I have not received the package and was very embarassed to go to a birthday party for a very close friend without the present I had planned on giving her. I actually bought a " token present " so that I did not come empty handed.
I will not be a customer of Ruelala again. I have not been appreciated by a company that happily takes my money and and misrepresents the date of delivery and then will in no way assist me in trying to track the status of said package. They do not deserve to be in business. The first rule of business is to make sure that the customer is not only respected, but also appreciated. Neither values were displayed or employed.
I would think carefully before giving them your money. You have to pay for shipments and if it is not what you expected you have to pay for return shipping and are denied direct credit to your credit card. They credit your " Ruelala account " which means that they keep your money until you find somethig else on their website that you may want to purchase. You can go round and round in circles.NOBODY SHOULD HAVE TO ENDURE THIS TYPE OF ABUSE. IT IS NOT WORTH IT.

• Rue La La Concierge Oct 05, 2011

I'm so sorry to hear about your Rue La La experience. I've reached out to you directly via private message to help.

Scam

I opened an account with Ruelala almost two years ago. I had made three purchase with them and I returned all three times because they were such poor quality merchandise. Even though they look so original on the internet, they were so cheap in real. Also, I can't get my money back due to only store credit and I feel stuck them holding on to my $180.00 for over 6 months. On the other hand, whenever I find something that I think may be such a good deal for my money and I put the item in my cart, it always gets taken out of my cart and tells me "Sold Out". After so many times of this incidence, I'm now starting to believe that this is some kind of scam or this website is treating me like I'm some kind of a child that they are fooling me with a gimmick. My advice for new customer is that "LEAVE WHILE YOU CAN" because you'll never get your money back nor a good merchandise that's worth any of your money. I'm actually going to spread the word in my town and in local papers to warn others of this website.

• Rue La La Concierge Oct 05, 2011

Not Authorized to Sell

I purchased an Ebel watch from RueLaLa for $1099.00. They advertised the watch as being backed by the manufacturer's warranty. The watch came with a warranty card from Ebel. The watch stopped working after 3 weeks, and I took it to an Ebel dealer who sent it to Ebel to be repaired along with my receipt and the warranty card. Ebel would not service the watch because they said that RueLaLa and the company that provided the watch to them (Alliance Time) was not authorized to sell the watch. I spoke with numerous supervisors (Kyle, Jane, and Brittany) who assured me that they were authorized to sell the watch. Kyle told me that the watch would be reapired by Ebel if i sent it in for service. I mailed it in, and it was repaired by a third party service center in NYC...NOT Ebel. I requested that RueLaLa either work it out to have the watch serviced by Ebel or let me return it since the product was NOT as advertised. Bottom line after 7 weeks of phone tag. Ebel won't service the watch and RueLaLa won't return it. I have closed my account with RueLaLa which I have used regularly over the past 2 years. I do not wish to do business with them as I believe that they falsely advertise merchandise that they are not authorized to sell. I would not be upset if I had knowingly purchased something without a warranty, but when you buy something with a "full manufacturer's warranty", it should be covered by the manufacturer.

If you have to return something, you might as well expect to not get your money back

The website is okay. However for some purchases the time before the item even ships out is 2 weeks. Then when...

Buyer beware if you are going to purchase a travel package from Ruelala

Buyer beware if you are going to purchase a travel package from Ruelala. I recently purchased one and was given a certificate # and told to call the resort directly to make my reservation. I was not able to get the resort to accommodate us for the dates that the certificate was good for. I called into the customer service line and asked for a refund. They guy who helped me was very nice but said he needed to get back to me with options on how to handle it. I bought 3 of these certificates for myself and 3 friends at $750 each. They told me they would only refund me 1 and that I needed to come up with alternate dates! It has been a battle back and forth with Ruelala and their "experience team" (which is their form of expedited customer service). We get a different story every day from we'll see if we can refund you, to lets try and come up with alternate dates but that we will have to pay an additional fee, to sorry, only 1 refund. It has been extremely frustrating experience. Their customer service, or experience team is a joke! They have no idea what customer service is. Go shop at Hautelook instead!

• Rue La La Concierge Mar 25, 2011

I'm so sorry to hear about your Rue La La experience - so frustrating! I'll be reaching out via Private Message to help you out!

UNRELIABLE SERVICE AND SHIPPING!!

I recently placed an order with Rue La La (ruelala.com), the online designer discounter, and I am NOT pleased with this first experience. First, Rue La La uses the CHEAPEST possible UPS shipping (even though their shipping charges are NOT inexpensive) called Basic 1. This shipping choice only tries to deliver your package once, and if the delivery guy doesn't manage to get it to you (i.e. it's the middle of the work day and you are not available to physically receive the package), they will NOT redeliver it and you'll have to pick it up from the UPS warehouse (wherever that is) or after 5 days they would ship it back to the sender. I called Rue La La and the attendant was nice enough, however, they proceeded to tell me that if the package was returned to Rue La La because of shipping problems, the item would have to be processed as a RETURN, and they would not attempt to resend it to me. I pressed them on this repeatedly, and they insisted that nothing could be done. Finally, after a 20 minute conversation, they told me that they would refund my shipping (which seemed fair considering that the package was never delivered to me). I will not shop with Rue La La again and I SUGGEST NOT GIVING THEM YOUR SERVICE. I'm sticking with Ideeli.com, gilt groupe or one of the other more reliable online discounters.

• Ca
    Careme May 10, 2010

I had to put in a dispute with my credit card company because ruelala .com won't refund me my money for a purchase in which they sent me the wrong size... this has been going on for weeks and several phone calls later = no results... buyers beware!

• Rue La La Concierge Jan 28, 2011

I'm so sorry to hear about your Rue La La experience. I've reached out to you directly via private message to help!

• Ju
    jujubug 43 Apr 25, 2013

why is rue la la management so rude to there employees in Kentucky. Makes you thank why there customers orders are not right because of piss poor management walking all of there employees and to witness management telling there employees to walk over someone when they are passed out on the floor. Is this mental abuse or what

• Ju
    jujubug 43 Apr 25, 2013

NO one will call or file a complaint with osha or the department of labor to show up at the rue la la's warehouse to inspect it for violations.

BAD SERVICE-- THEY SKIMP ON SHIPPING!

I placed the order and never responded to my emails to cancel the orders

Have been shopping on this site for about 5 months and I rarely get what I really want because once you get it your cart and check out immediately, you still end up losing it to someone else before you complete the checkout process. It is definitely a crazy way to shop and since Ruelala has it set up as a race to the finish, you end up buying stuff that you don't really want because you have no time to think about it. I have an issue with them right now because they shipped an order 1 day after I placed the order and never responded to my emails to cancel the orders. Because of the amount involved, they told me the case has to be forwarded to their corporate office for approval. I have decided to refuse the order when it comes this friday and continue to press them for a credit back to my charge. If I thought I could use the credit and get things I really want, I would have no problem with them crediting my account but the last time I had a big credit it took months before I could use it up and I ended up settling just to get something back for my money.

Ruelala.com has some of the best discounts on some of the best designers. Unfortunately, they've also discounted their shipping contracts so they have no flexibility in helping you.

Their contract is set up so you only get one shot of receiving your package. It also seems that their website predicts shipment on the wrong days. So, I missed my package - and my one and only shot for getting it without taking a day off work to go to their service center. UPS (their shipper) told me I had to call my shipper to upgrade the shipping.

So, I call RueLaLa.com and the woman on the phone categorically refuses to help me upgrade my shipping. Claiming their contract is such that they can't (contrary to what UPS said, which I told her).

What surprised me what that she seemed a bit shocked when I then opted to return my merchandise, after telling her that I can't get it. Why should I pay $150 for a box that's traveling around the country when what I really wanted was a cute work dress?

My advice: Don't order from these folks if you can't guarantee that someone is always at your package location. They will not work with you.

Beware Buying

I have purchased from Ruelala in the past on line. Even though none of my credit card/billing info has changed, I received an error message that my billing address was incorrect when I tried to buy something today. I tried to correct it several times but kept receiving the error message. Shortly thereafter I discovered that each time I tried to make the purchase, the funds were reserved from by available balance on my credit card even though the error message said the transaction could not be completed!. I called Ruelala - they said it would take at least two business days to reverse the reserve, the number I was given to call for more assistance was answered by an electronic voice that asked me to hang up if I didn't want to leave a message (the electronic voice didn't even mention a name!) and, when my credit card company tried to contact Ruelala, the representative of the credit card company was hung up on!!! HOW can you be charged/have your credit availability reduced by a company which clearly has no intention of sending you the merchandise??? Are they borrowing against these so called promised payments??? Who do you contact about stuff like this??

• So
    Sonia Peralta Mar 01, 2017

I just receive the bag I was waiting on the list ( I want it) FOR OVER A MONTH and I get a damage bag with the zipper BROKEN!!! I just READ YOUR WEBSITE WERE IT READS YOU CAN'T GET REFUNDED !!! RUELALA IS A DISAPPOINTMENT, DISHONEST, UNPROFFESIONAL

• Ya
    yamelpedro Aug 22, 2018

La compañía flaigth kart es una estafa, no compren ningún servicio con ellos, les roban el dinero, llamen a su banco y reporten la estafa, yo así lo hice después que me robaron mi dinero, y ahora me están acosando por teléfono, ya lo reporte al departamento de proteccion al consumidor para que los investiguen

Shipping stinks

I am not impressed with RueLaLa . I recently placed an order and it took two weeks to ship it. Was going to be a gift for my mother's birthday but missed the date. Almost three weeks now and still no delivery. They charge $9.95 for shipping and I am not sure what for. Contacting customer support was no help. This was my first and last time shopping with RueLaLa!

• Ka
    katrocks9000 Jan 07, 2010

DO NOT USE RUE LA LA
    I ordered some Christmas presents back in November and NEVER GOT THEM. Something went wrong in their back end processing and my shipping address was changed to my billing address (I just moved so this address was irrelevant to me) and when I tried to contact them to fix it NOBODY EVER WROTE ME BACK. Its been 3 weeks now and the package was obviously delivered to random people that I have no contact for. I had tried emailing and calling for 3 whole weeks now. I finally get someone on the phone today and they tell me there is nothing they can do? Wont refund me the money?? This wasn't my mistake! Their answer for never responding to me EVER was that i use a Mac. Are you kidding me? I have absolutely NEVER heard of such back customer service. I'm now out hundreds of dollars for stuff I will never get.