Royal Caribbean Cruises / cancellation of cruise
We booked a cruise on the ovations of the seas to japan on the 7th july, 18. We rang the travel agent to explain that my mother had to have a hip operation in late may & we couldn't leave her & go off on a cruise in july. We asked to cancel the july cruise but to transfer the monies paid which was $1700 to another more expensive cruise from new zealand to australia in january, 2019. We were shocked to be told by the travel agent that royal caribbean said "we could not transfer the funds to another cruise & that we were going to lose the$700 deposit". We contacted the travel agent 122 days from royal caribbean inside penalty policy (inside penalties means (150 days before cruise departure.) we were not aware of this arbitrary inside penalty policy but even if we were, we weren't asking for our money back but to be transferred to a more expensive royal caribbean cruise. We are on the verge of retiring and were planning to do a lot of cruising. We were also talking to our family about us all going on a cruise for our 45th wedding anniversary in 2020. However, this whole experience has left us with very negative feelings about royal caribbean as a company and we will think twice before we ever book with them again.
More Royal Caribbean Cruises Complaints & Reviews
- Royal Caribbean - royal caribbean victim 
- Royal Caribbean - allure of the seas loses luggage
- Royal Caribbean International - bad christmas cruise 
- Royal Caribbean - robbed 
- Royal Caribbean - horrible customer service 
- Royal Caribbean Cruises - deluxe beverage package for pregnant woman
- Royal Caribbean Cruises - gifts department
- Royal Caribbean Cruises - prize cruise.
- Royal Caribbean Cruises - unethical employee behavior
- Royal Caribbean International Employee - malet